The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I have to be honest, I don't really get the idea of him being a super sub. 

He came on against Scotland and did nothing. And whilst he played his part, he wasn't heavily involved when he came on last night. 

Against the Czech we played our best attacking football of the tournament with him starting, where he also got an assist and we won the game. 

Pressure was off a bit for the Czech game; England had already qualified for the next stage by then, and the team could play more expansively. From what I've seen, Shaw and Kane notably tend to look for Grealish and bring him into play, but he's not going to be the orchestrator for England like he is for Villa.  

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I have to be honest, I don't really get the idea of him being a super sub. 

He came on against Scotland and did nothing. And whilst he played his part, he wasn't heavily involved when he came on last night. 

Against the Czech we played our best attacking football of the tournament with him starting, where he also got an assist and we won the game. 

What other country would play such a talent as a super sub ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deck said:

Pressure was off a bit for the Czech game; England had already qualified for the next stage by then, and the team could play more expansively. From what I've seen, Shaw and Kane notably tend to look for Grealish and bring him into play, but he's not going to be the orchestrator for England like he is for Villa.  

But that's the issue. He should and could be the orchestrator for England. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, deck said:

Why?

He's the best player.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Loads of people playing down Jack's role in the first goal just because it was a 'five yard ball'. Let me tell you, many of our other players would have messed that move up.

First of all he spots the pass, and he's the master of weighting a pass. Puts it perfectly for Shaw to not have to break stride to play it first time. Seems simple but I'd love to see the outcome should Sterling for example have been in that position. And that's not having a pop at Sterling, he played well yesterday.

I think you are bang on....His weighted passes are on another planet.

They all knew Jacks involvement in those goals......I think a few of his team mates are a bit resentful of Jacks popularity.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

DCM seems to have entered the language recently. I would say that's probably a sweeper? 

I don't think a defensive Centre midfielder is a sweeper, wrong side of the center back for me.

• Like 1

A DCM could also be described as a DLP which in turn could be a DLCM. Equally a CAM when employed could be a double pivoting LAM or indeed a RAM or even CLM or CRM if the single pivot was used to decoy the double or triple pivot. If we were to use a DDFT instead of the more traditional DFT I think that would release the CBP earlier and allow more fluidity for the ROF and/or  LOF. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 4

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

A DCM could also be described as a DLP which in turn could be a DLCM. Equally an CAM when employed could be a double pivoting LAM or indeed a RAM or even CLM or CRM if the single pivot was used to decoy the double or triple pivot. If we were to use a DDFT instead of the more traditional DFT I think that would release the CBP earlier and allow more fluidity for the ROF and/or  LOF. 

Thoughts? 

My Brain Hurts.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

A DCM could also be described as a DLP which in turn could be a DLCM. Equally an CAM when employed could be a double pivoting LAM or indeed a RAM or even CLM or CRM if the single pivot was used to decoy the double or triple pivot. If we were to use a DDFT instead of the more traditional DFT I think that would release the CBP earlier and allow more fluidity for the ROF and/or  LOF. 

Thoughts? 

I blame FM and FIFA 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Thoughts? 

Yes

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Thoughts? 

Your pivoting me off now....what's a DDFT Dave? Sounds like a wrestling move.

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And whilst he played his part, he wasn't heavily involved when he came on last night. 

But ‘his part’ was setting up both goals! I know the first was assist to an assist but that would not have been the pass with any other player.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why?

He's the best player.

I didn't mean he wouldn't orchestrate when he gets the chance, but he probably won't become the sort of conduit that he is for Villa. He's just among better players with England, and international tournament knock-out football is cagey, high-stakes stuff; he's bound to drift in and out more.

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

A DCM could also be described as a DLP which in turn could be a DLCM. Equally a CAM when employed could be a double pivoting LAM or indeed a RAM or even CLM or CRM if the single pivot was used to decoy the double or triple pivot. If we were to use a DDFT instead of the more traditional DFT I think that would release the CBP earlier and allow more fluidity for the ROF and/or  LOF. 

Thoughts? 

ROFL WP

• Haha 1

Â