The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

Everyone has a price. What is in our favour is that JGs price tag will be too high for pretty much anyone, and our owners can’t be arm wrestled. Madrid and Barcelona are in the worst shape they’ve been in for decades, I don’t see Germany being on JGs radar, ditto France. I don’t think any Italian club is in a position to spend the type of sums required either. So we end up coming back to Man City or Man Utd as being the only possible destinations that could probably put up the money required...... and I think the only money our owners might even contemplate would be a new world record. And to be honest I don’t even think our owners will sell at all, I think they’re here for the glory. JG is worth more to us staying at the club. Crazy isnt it, to think that a £200m world record fee isn’t even worth 2 seasons to us in the premier league?! For any transfer of JG to make any sense to Villa at all, then I think you’re looking at a fee somewhere around £250m. Which isn’t going to happen. For comparison, anyone remember Jadon Sancho?!

I think further to that Man U have shown they arent willing to spend that much with the Sancho deal and that was in a position (RW) they needed to fill, so they arent going to buy Jack in positions that Jack play which arguably is Rashford or Fernandes roles. 

Man City would be a different case but still not sure Pep would spend that kind of money either and while he spends 50m here and 60m there he doesnt go much above that and look how many play makers they have and Pep loves Foden who plays in a similar position to Jack although very differently, then you have creatively De Bruyne, Silva and Sterling. 

I think they will be focused moneywise on a striker next with Kun closing out his career at top level by the looks of it because of injuries and just age of 32.  Jesus is really good but not Man City good, they need a new striker.

Liverpool's Klopp has already commented previously that Liverpool cant/wont spend money on the top end, big cost players.  A little bizarre given who they are and the money they have collected in recent years but it's a frustration of his and shown in recent comments.  

Who knows what Tuchel will do at Chelsea but I doubt they'll come after Jack, they'll be looking at fancy foreign names like Haaland and Mbappe than brummie boys called Jack.  I think more chance of us getting some players off them than ours going to them.

No chance for Arsenal or Spurs, sorry but no chance for so many reasons even though London press might at some point in the future link him...that's just too funny and typical London bias and rose tinted glasses on London teams

So part of me feels comfortable that Jack is going nowhere, because of exactly what you said about foreign clubs and then above from me on domestic clubs.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The bet did come in though didn't it.

Volley straight at Pope, shot from the crazy run and his goal.

It did chap, yes.  :thumb:

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Landed nice 12/1 double with Jack and Ollie anytime scorers + 16/1 for 10 shots on target. 

Good lad Kingman, Nice one.  ;)

• Like 1

I'd still prefer him to be back in the number 10 spot,  with a left winger that he can either pass to or alternate with. Barkley not doing enough in the number 10 to fit our dynamic style, quality player though he is.

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think further to that Man U have shown they arent willing to spend that much with the Sancho deal and that was in a position (RW) they needed to fill, so they arent going to buy Jack in positions that Jack play which arguably is Rashford or Fernandes roles. 

Man City would be a different case but still not sure Pep would spend that kind of money either and while he spends 50m here and 60m there he doesnt go much above that and look how many play makers they have and Pep loves Foden who plays in a similar position to Jack although very differently, then you have creatively De Bruyne, Silva and Sterling. 

I think they will be focused moneywise on a striker next with Kun closing out his career at top level by the looks of it because of injuries and just age of 32.  Jesus is really good but not Man City good, they need a new striker.

Liverpool's Klopp has already commented previously that Liverpool cant/wont spend money on the top end, big cost players.  A little bizarre given who they are and the money they have collected in recent years but it's a frustration of his and shown in recent comments.  

Who knows what Tuchel will do at Chelsea but I doubt they'll come after Jack, they'll be looking at fancy foreign names like Haaland and Mbappe than brummie boys called Jack.  I think more chance of us getting some players off them than ours going to them.

No chance for Arsenal or Spurs, sorry but no chance for so many reasons even though London press might at some point in the future link him...that's just too funny and typical London bias and rose tinted glasses on London teams

So part of me feels comfortable that Jack is going nowhere, because of exactly what you said about foreign clubs and then above from me on domestic clubs.

Funny thing during commentary against Burnley the pundits said that many clubs would not be put off by our asking price. They predicted a clamour for his signature very soon and it has me worried! 😔 

• Haha 1

I cant even believe people are yet again talking about Jack signing for another team after hes just signed another bloody contract. What does the guy and the club as well as Owners have to do to get you guys to believe hes staying put.

I do not think for one second we will see him leave anytime soon and we do not have to for the next five years. Some club could come in with 200 million and I firmly believe that still wouldn't sway the Owners to sell.

Edited by Dave-R

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Funny thing during commentary against Burnley the pundits said that many clubs would not be put off by our asking price. They predicted a clamour for his signature very soon and it has me worried! 😔 

I know, I listened to that and laughed.  Yes clubs would love him but nobody will bother because his price is too high even for the biggest clubs.

Edited by nick76

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I cant even believe people are yet again talking about Jack signing for another team after hes just signed another bloody contract. What does the guy and the club as well as Owners have to do to get you guys to believe hes staying put.

I do not think for one second we will see him anytime soon and we do not have to for the next five years. Some club could come in with 200 million and I firmly believe that still wouldn't sway the Owners to sell.

This!

The fact he signed a five year deal before we even starting playing this well.  He signed a five year deal after last season.  It’s bonkers people are even thinking Jack is going anywhere in the next few years, there are just too many reasons it’s not going to happen.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know, I listened to that and laughed.  Yes clubs would love him but nobody will bother because his price is too high even for the biggest clubs.

That's what I thought too to be honest.

But then I'm thinking why would they say many clubs would not be put off by the price?

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This still infuriates me. None of them actually realise who our owners are. They're all completely oblivious because they only have interest in their darling love in clubs.

• Like 2

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

But then I'm thinking why would they say many clubs would not be put off by the price?

Because commentators these days are idiots hence why ex footballers are assisting the main commentator rather than having a proper football job.  They are famous ex footballers rather than knowledgeable insiders.

I wouldn’t listen to anything they say about anything apart from the game we are watching and even then the amount of times they say the wrong players name, an offside or something else not quite right is incredible.  

Sometimes I question their research as well, I guess they just get their stat pack before the match and then hope whatever else they say doesn’t get questioned.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

This still infuriates me. None of them actually realise who our owners are. They're all completely oblivious because they only have interest in their darling love in clubs.

Possibly and they maybe just don't want to acknowledge our wealth.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

As an example we've just signed a 14m player yet got very little press about it yet a loan signing for Arsenal gets loads

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Could be that. But I always get the feeling that they just don't have a clue outside of their favoured few. Look how against Man City, McManaman said Lambert was in charge when Carew and Maloney played for us 🙄

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

As an example we've just signed a 14m player yet got very little press about it yet a loan signing for Arsenal gets loads

Yeah that p***** me off too. Again they pander to clubs with a bigger worldwide appeal.

Just now, Okonokos said:

Could be that. But I always get the feeling that they just don't have a clue outside of their favoured few. Look how against Man City, McManaman said Lambert was in charge when Carew and Maloney played for us 🙄

Mcmanaman doesn't even know what day it is he is a fool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Agreed, even Leicester who are quality don’t get the respect that the likes Arsenal, Spurs and even West Ham do.....it’s crazy!

Different class again last night. (How many times do we say that?!) We're running out of superlatives when talking about our Jack.

That run was immense, yes I do think a lay off to Watkins might have resulted in a goal (not too dissimilar in that respect, to the run he did against Leeds) but I don't blame him for shooting on either occasion - either one goes in and we're talking GOTS.

Only a slight concern, but he seems a bit miffed of late, firstly with the subbing against Newcastle, then on a couple of occasions at team mates when they've not played him the ball or chose the wrong option, then walking off the pitch with Smith last night. Not overly worrying, he's only showing he cares I suppose but everything basically rests with our owners in the summer & the next couple of transfer windows. We HAVE to get to his level very soon, which is Champions League, because although there is no doubting Jack bleeds claret & blue, he wants/needs to be competing at the elite level. 

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

No one is going to pay the money we want for him only to be a rotation player when he first arrives at a massive club. Most these clubs have there first eleven, second eleven full of a collection of ace players. Sure Jack's playing better than most players in the world but they wont risk buying him at the price we want just  to see if it all translates to them. Jack is comfortable with us, hes captain at villa and the main man, he wont be anywhere near the main man if he goes else where. 

Jack knows full well what hes got going on at Villa and I firmly believe while ever the club is moving in the right direction that Jack is happy where he is. The only time I have ever heard Jack himself really say hed leave is when we was under XIA justbefore our Owners came in and he said he would if if it would help dig Villa put of financial difficulty way back.

All were missing is to start bringing European football back to Villa and theres not a chance hed leave then if each season we are qualifying for europe.

For the time being anyway, hes under new contract and clubs no full well they have to pay our asking price. Some team comes in with 100 mill, we then say no its 150 mill, another club comes in with 150 mill, we then say no sorry 200 mill, eventually they will just give up.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Agreed, even Leicester who are quality don’t get the respect that the likes Arsenal, Spurs and even West Ham do.....it’s crazy!

Don't get me started on West Ham. Horrible, vile little club that for some reason (probably the London factor) gets attention. In fact, don't get me started on London full stop. Horrible place.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Different class again last night. (How many times do we say that?!) We're running out of superlatives when talking about our Jack.

That run was immense, yes I do think a lay off to Watkins might have resulted in a goal (not too dissimilar in that respect, to the run he did against Leeds) but I don't blame him for shooting on either occasion - either one goes in and we're talking GOTS.

Only a slight concern, but he seems a bit miffed of late, firstly with the subbing against Newcastle, then on a couple of occasions at team mates when they've not played him the ball or chose the wrong option, then walking off the pitch with Smith last night. Not overly worrying, he's only showing he cares I suppose but everything basically rests with our owners in the summer & the next couple of transfer windows. We HAVE to get to his level very soon, which is Champions League, because although there is no doubting Jack bleeds claret & blue, he wants/needs to be competing at the elite level. 

I alluded to this after the game, Grealish was getting some grief from a Burnley coach.

Smith intervened and told him not to get involved. 

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I alluded to this after the game, Grealish was getting some grief from a Burnley coach.

Smith intervened and told him not to get involved. 

Ah right. Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't realise. I thought Jack and Dean were arguing. 👍

• Like 1

Â