The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

are you going to bet against us? 

Love it.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

You get there by recruiting players as good or better than those in your starting positions.  Nobody on this team should be safe from being challenged for their spot by someone in the transfer market.  Honestly, how Deano has handled the Traore/Trez situation should set the tone for the whole squad.  I'm going to to get someone in who will challenge you for your spot.  You either need to step your game up or you'll be dropped for someone else who might and whoever is playing better week in and week out will start more games.  

spot on.

You don't sign players as back up.........You sign players to play first team football.......The back up, becomes the players who lose the shirt.

The cream rises to the top......and gradually, it all becomes stronger.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Starting him now so he doesn't have to for the game that actually matters.

Was never going to pick him to start the ‘important’ games, he will have him on the bench so he can come on if needed and save his arse.

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The way we’re playing I think a lot of neutrals are. Except the usual jealous suspects.

Andros Townsend on TalkSport saying we are the most exciting side to watch in the PL!!  Even Troy Deeney, also on TS, saying we are looking like the '80s Villa side - a top 10 team!  We're on the up!

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I grew up in Detroit, Michigan and was a diehard Detroit Tigers supporter as a child.  All I cared about was playing for that team and hitting a walk off home run for them in the World Series.  Doing the same with another team didn't interest me in the slightest.  I would have rather just played for a terrible Tigers team than win with the Yankees.  That dream died when I was 9 and realized I was terrible at baseball, but it was a shared dream with everyone else on my little league team.  

I fell in love with football and Villa when I was 19, but I imagine the same sort of scenario for English kids (Winning the league with for their club/Winning the world cup for England).  For Jack, that dream never died.  He's been with the club since he was 6 and is one of the best players in the Premier League, playing in a fantastic team, with ambitious owners who are continually awarding him new contracts and bringing in better and better players to the club.  Why would he leave to just make slightly more money to play for a team 2-3 seasons ahead of us?  I can only see Jack leaving Villa if, and only if, we stop progressing up the league and someone like Madrid or Bayern comes in for him with a huge wage packet.

I think a lot start like that, see Wayne Rooney with this "once a Blue always a Blue" shirt. 

But when they get older and are good enough to actually make it as top class footballers the career starts to take over. 

Not with all, Steve Bull at Wolves and LeTissier at Southampton l, but it's rare, very rare.  I guess one thing now is that they can make SO much money now that the cash attraction elsewhere is probably no longer the main draw.  Yes, they can make more money but when you have way way more than you need it's going to reduce in importance. 

So it probably comes down to is you want to live your childhood dream and become a legend or just become another player elsewhere and probably win a stack of medals. 

I pray we win at least one trophy (and more obviously) so he can look back at winning something important with us.  I bet Ian Taylor cherishes his League Cup medal. 

• Like 2

OK I'm all confused.  So Jack Grealish is playing AND SO IS MASON MOUNT? How can this be? It's surely IMPOSSIBLE for them both to play in the same team Gaz? 

I can only assume he's moving Jack out to the right wing so Mason Mount can play in his usual left wing position. 

Â