The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I wouldn't swap him for anyone in the world.

He is everything for us. Invaluable.

Think all Villa fans would agree. We dont need money and would never find anyone with the desire Jack has to drive the club back to the heights he currently is, let alone someone with similar ability. He has an aura around him, seems he makes all his teammates around him want to put that extra mile in for Jack as much as they do the club. 

Jack and Deano are the power couple in football right now. It just makes you believe in fairytale endings might just happen for us. This side can achieve something, something feels like its in the air for us at the moment 🤔

• Like 3

A few years ago I thought he was decent but couldn’t understand why people where insistent he should be playing....

Now, I think he is World Class and one of the best footballers I have ever seen, he’s really stepped it up, even just from last season, he seems to be on another level that no other player can match... except maybe Mason Mount (yeah right! 🙄)

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Think all Villa fans would agree. We dont need money and would never find anyone with the desire Jack has to drive the club back to the heights he currently is, let alone someone with similar ability. He has an aura around him, seems he makes all his teammates around him want to put that extra mile in for Jack as much as they do the club. 

Jack and Deano are the power couple in football right now. It just makes you believe in fairytale endings might just happen for us. This side can achieve something, something feels like its in the air for us at the moment 🤔

Phils collins says yeah.👍

seriously, I think something is happening.....I have had this vibe before/in the past.

too many, from too many quarters are saying the same too....just hope we can keep it going....fingers crossed.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I grew up in Detroit, Michigan and was a diehard Detroit Tigers supporter as a child.  All I cared about was playing for that team and hitting a walk off home run for them in the World Series.  Doing the same with another team didn't interest me in the slightest.  I would have rather just played for a terrible Tigers team than win with the Yankees.  That dream died when I was 9 and realized I was terrible at baseball, but it was a shared dream with everyone else on my little league team.  

I fell in love with football and Villa when I was 19, but I imagine the same sort of scenario for English kids (Winning the league with for their club/Winning the world cup for England).  For Jack, that dream never died.  He's been with the club since he was 6 and is one of the best players in the Premier League, playing in a fantastic team, with ambitious owners who are continually awarding him new contracts and bringing in better and better players to the club.  Why would he leave to just make slightly more money to play for a team 2-3 seasons ahead of us?  I can only see Jack leaving Villa if, and only if, we stop progressing up the league and someone like Madrid or Bayern comes in for him with a huge wage packet.

Yeah, I'm not worried about Jack leaving domestically to a United or Chelsea or something. Really it's only City who could feasibly get him and also be enough of a step up for him to actually leave. Maybe this summer as we almost got relegated last year, but given that he signed a new contract after that and that we've just gone from strength to strength since then, why would he leave now? Like you say, unless we stagnate or regress, I just don't see it happening.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah, I'm not worried about Jack leaving domestically to a United or Chelsea or something. Really it's only City who could feasibly get him and also be enough of a step up for him to actually leave. Maybe this summer as we almost got relegated last year, but given that he signed a new contract after that and that we've just gone from strength to strength since then, why would he leave now? Like you say, unless we stagnate or regress, I just don't see it happening.

I am in no doubt, Jack could perform on any stage at any club.......but I fear for him the magic would be gone, it wouldn't quite be the same for him.

Our owners can give him the platform that he craves to be great......He has it all now.

Edited by TRO

If we get Ross Barkley permanently in the summer, along with a couple more of a very high calibre, it will go some way to cementing the intentions of this club. Jack will be loving it if we can carry on this trajectory. Jacks pull is massive, along with owners who can pay the sort of wages to keep us very much in the conversation at the top end. This short summer window has been huge for us. This is the most exciting team we’ve had for a very long time and the leader is so damn mercurial. I Love it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If we get Ross Barkley permanently in the summer, along with a couple more of a very high calibre, it will go some way to cementing the intentions of this club. Jack will be loving it if we can carry on this trajectory. Jacks pull is massive, along with owners who can pay the sort of wages to keep us very much in the conversation at the top end. This short summer window has been huge for us. This is the most exciting team we’ve had for a very long time and the leader is so damn mercurial. I Love it 

I've been thinking about this, but who do we even sign at this point? I can only see Targett and Trezeguet as the "replaceable" players in our 11 right now, and we've already signed someone to replace Trezeguet (to which he said a big NO!). The only thing I can see for next season is upgrading the bench and our rotation options. Our first XI is really good and will continue improving. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I've been thinking about this, but who do we even sign at this point? I can only see Targett and Trezeguet as the "replaceable" players in our 11 right now, and we've already signed someone to replace Trezeguet (to which he said a big NO!). The only thing I can see for next season is upgrading the bench and our rotation options. Our first XI is really good and will continue improving. 

Trezeguet has been incredible this season. He is key to our success, i rewatched the MOTD highlights of the Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal games today and he is just charging around and harassing constantly. Never had such a drastic change of mind on a player like I have Trez. But yeah, depth is vital for us as luckily we havent suffered any injuries or suspensions yet. Wesley and Heaton will instantly strengthen the bench in January or whenever they’re back. It will be interesting to see who we bring in over the next few windows, but if its anything like the improvement we’ve already seen then we’ll be laughing.

I fully believe in what Deanos doing atm in sticking with this first XI week in week out, the more they play together the better theyre becoming. The confidence and self belief they must have knowing they can dick Liverpool 7-2 and Arsenal 3-0 is so encouraging. They look like they are hungry for more too, just like Deano wanted all along, “keep your foot on their throats”.

• Like 2

I think Jack is our Harry Kane - a superstar home grown player that you can build something special around.

Kane came through about 6 years or so ago and gave them a no. 9 that they would never have been able to afford if they had to buy an equivalent proven performer.  This has been the catalyst for them to become a Big 6 club.  Without Kane (or having the luck to find an equivalent) they would not have been able to build the side they have.

Jack could be this player for us.  With the other signings maturing - in particular Luiz (hoping we can keep him!) and Konsa - and the established SJM and Mings continuing in a strong vein (particularly the latter who seems to be settling in to the PL) and the excellent signings coming in this summer, we look like everything might be coming together around Jack to enable us to properly challenge.  

It also raises our national and international profile significantly and, I imagine, would be a significant factor/draw for better incoming players and an inspiration for academy prospects. 

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

seriously, I think something is happening.....I have had this vibe before/in the past.

too many, from too many quarters are saying the same too....just hope we can keep it going....fingers crossed.

are you going to bet against us? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Our next job is to develop strength in depth at all positions. Another midfielder to challenge McGinn and Douglass. A left sided attacker to challenge Jack, I know almost impossible, but at least a back up. Same for defense and striker. 

Leicester is almost 2 deep at every position. They lost both their 1st choice CBs and RB, still haven't missed a beat. That should be our next goal.  

You get there by recruiting players as good or better than those in your starting positions.  Nobody on this team should be safe from being challenged for their spot by someone in the transfer market.  Honestly, how Deano has handled the Traore/Trez situation should set the tone for the whole squad.  I'm going to to get someone in who will challenge you for your spot.  You either need to step your game up or you'll be dropped for someone else who might and whoever is playing better week in and week out will start more games.  

Â