The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Barry perhaps?

I think Luiz will be next if we keep him somehow, we sell Grealish then he will be the next star, maybe Barry after in a couple of seasons time.

But Ramsey and his brother may even be one of the next few who catch the eye of the football world for us, before Barry, we may have to wait abit on Barry.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

if we stay up, why will he leave? (I know he will btw) but what if the owners just refuse to sell like before. He wont request a transfer

Yeah we stay up he already said hes committed to his deal and aiding Villa to be a better club again.

Sometimes I just think for now hes happy where he is and its take something to go terribly wrong to make him want to leave and I still think even relegation he would stay but that's just me. I think Grealish would give it a season to see if we can get back up, maybe even see his contract out.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2020 at 22:12, KentVillan said:

Had AEG tucked that chance away, a lot of people would have been singing Jack's praises again, and we'd be 1 point from survival.

tumblr_oc9djvVh9T1tsfx8ro1_400.gif

4 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

Yes in theory they can say no, but they won’t this time. Money talks. 

Last time Spurs offered us Josh Onomah and a multi pack of crisps. Then time we will be offered much more and having been relegated that’s something we will take.

we will never get that Spurs offer again 🤤

though I have heard from a few people (not sure how reliable) that Bruce tried to encourage that offer

He was fine as a captain in the championship because our team always had 3 other captains in it. Mings is captain material, Tuanzebe had been captain in every side he played in for the last 6 years, Hourihane was a captain, Whelan was a captain. Chester and Jedinak were in the locker room remember Chester was our club captain Jack was just his stand in.

Hutton had been playing for us for years, adomah had been there and done it and Abraham was unreasonably confident. The team didn't need a captain it needed someone to galvanise the fans and give us hope for going up which is what it did. 

What we have missed this year are leaders. They don't need to be experienced but someone like Tuanzebe who could give us another commanding presence would have been nice. We needed another captain in the middle of the park as well since Jack moved out wide our midfield never showed for the ball or really was responsible for anything. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

though I have heard from a few people (not sure how reliable) that Bruce tried to encourage that offer

The deal fell through when crisps were offered and not a kebab.

7 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

well AEG didnt tuck his sitter away and jack has been pretty much abysmal since we returned.

he hasn't been abysmal

he hasn't played at his peak which is unfortunately what's required to drag us out of the shit, he's still been one of the better players in a villa shirt he just hasn't been as good as what we all know he can be

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think Luiz will be next if we keep him somehow, we sell Grealish then he will be the next star, maybe Barry after in a couple of seasons time.

But Ramsey and his brother may even be one of the next few who catch the eye of the football world for us, before Barry, we may have to wait abit on Barry.

Have said many a time, this would be my top transfer window priority.

When was the last time we had a proper Midfield playmaker? Merse?

Jack is more of a dribbler, I mean a proper skilled, box to box maestro.

Now these you can build a TEAM around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Even for Bruce, i don’t think that’s true. 

22 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

You’re not wrong about this, what I see with this, I think he is different material captain.

He is more like on “He Command the troop by this way - He lead the charger to victory and demand same level as him and play his game” which is not work for premiership but it is work for championship to hunger to promote to premiership high level when the squad have this hunger and squad actually very high level for this league and they capacity to win the league or promote to premiership if under Smith early of the season rather Bruce.

we at premiership which is differently level championship miles away as top 8 is very elite level even can up to 14th with potential elite level after 14th more likely fight for down which not easy leagues compare to rest of the world as different level. That why Grealish Effect is not work in this level as our squad good enough in mid-table with right captain which we didn’t. 

which I see Heaton and Ming even Houriance, maybe Luiz they are right player to captain the team  in this level as they are more “Marshals and rally the squad and point right direction to better result compared to Jack lead the way and get winning to which would see slaughtering Rather focus better result with right command in the pitch. We should’ve hand Ming or Heaton start of the season would see better co-ordinance than Jack would did.

Be fair on Smith, he is give Grealish to chance to prove to lend as he bring 10 games row winning and undefeated for more that 10 games row, and remove his arm band would give wrong message to Grealish and maybe squad even fan which make a sense we should give Ming chance around December. Only I dislike about him any foul he moan to ref when he should shut up and focus the game once out of the phase and complaint each players fouls or get assault rather his foul or target to him.

but not matter if good captain it is finisher is mainly reason we not in better table as Samatta and Wesley didn’t bring good number goals to better result, sad it is actually not sole problem it is duos problem is Wingers feed to forward, only better feed to striker actually come from our full back - Targett and Gulibert, Elmo more feed or cut chance after Grealish Which not good signs that why we got problem with this.

which El Ghazi and Treg is worst winger compare to we has Snodgrass + Adomah actually 3x better that Treg or El Ghazi each. Recuirtment actually big fault in this area. 

if we have better winger and striker with same squad will different table position we would sit even with captain Grealish or different captain.

I think we should hand Ming Armband and tell Grealish give all his best for last hurrays with not shoulder weight for last home game and away game for villa shirt as I notice his (Ming) passion and stood up Zaha for Konsa even he didn’t reliese Konsa kick himself, he still stand for him and protection Konsa, as he is young and nurturing him to become good defender that what leader should does to do, also he is big vocal to player to get head straight like he did to samatta (el Ghazi in past), and lift the low feel like he did to other players to rally better mental and psychological As he focus team rather what “Grealish want they do for his benefit”

{if Ming captain} Ming to complaint about players target foul Grealish and Ref will reliese it is the solution happening, would handle this better compare to captain Grealish come say they target on me so ref will think meh cos he moan about foul on him grow a pair balls.

“Reverse Psychology”.

So Ming if he save our skins and lend to save the club so next season he will right man to lead to mid-table even challenge for europa leagues maybe Champions League.

I agree a lot with this. I think it was a good decision to give Jack the armband, but it was more a decision that focused on Jack than on the team, it was a decison intended to make him mature more, take responsibility and get more out of his game. It also made sense in the Championship as he was the stand out player and for example Mings was only here on loan, Chester injured and Elphick loaned out. In the Premier League he is not as much the stand out player as in the Championship, the team is struggling, and we would probably need a captain who is best for the team, an older stable head who leads with example, rallies the troops and encourages and pushes the team on when it's going tough. As much as I love Jack he is still a bit of the spoiled kid who wants the ball for himself, throws his arms up and complains when it doesn't go his way.

However, I would be reluctant to stripping him of the captaincy the last two games, I don't know what signals it would send and it would be a bit risky to create tension or unrest, right now focus must be 100% for everyone in the squad on the task to get points from Arsenal, nothing else.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

You’re not wrong about this, what I see with this, I think he is different material captain.

He is more like on “He Command the troop by this way - He lead the charger to victory and demand same level as him and play his game” which is not work for premiership but it is work for championship to hunger to promote to premiership high level when the squad have this hunger and squad actually very high level for this league and they capacity to win the league or promote to premiership if under Smith early of the season rather Bruce.

we at premiership which is differently level championship miles away as top 8 is very elite level even can up to 14th with potential elite level after 14th more likely fight for down which not easy leagues compare to rest of the world as different level. That why Grealish Effect is not work in this level as our squad good enough in mid-table with right captain which we didn’t. 

which I see Heaton and Ming even Houriance, maybe Luiz they are right player to captain the team  in this level as they are more “Marshals and rally the squad and point right direction to better result compared to Jack lead the way and get winning to which would see slaughtering Rather focus better result with right command in the pitch. We should’ve hand Ming or Heaton start of the season would see better co-ordinance than Jack would did.

Be fair on Smith, he is give Grealish to chance to prove to lend as he bring 10 games row winning and undefeated for more that 10 games row, and remove his arm band would give wrong message to Grealish and maybe squad even fan which make a sense we should give Ming chance around December. Only I dislike about him any foul he moan to ref when he should shut up and focus the game once out of the phase and complaint each players fouls or get assault rather his foul or target to him.

but not matter if good captain it is finisher is mainly reason we not in better table as Samatta and Wesley didn’t bring good number goals to better result, sad it is actually not sole problem it is duos problem is Wingers feed to forward, only better feed to striker actually come from our full back - Targett and Gulibert, Elmo more feed or cut chance after Grealish Which not good signs that why we got problem with this.

which El Ghazi and Treg is worst winger compare to we has Snodgrass + Adomah actually 3x better that Treg or El Ghazi each. Recuirtment actually big fault in this area. 

if we have better winger and striker with same squad will different table position we would sit even with captain Grealish or different captain.

I think we should hand Ming Armband and tell Grealish give all his best for last hurrays with not shoulder weight for last home game and away game for villa shirt as I notice his (Ming) passion and stood up Zaha for Konsa even he didn’t reliese Konsa kick himself, he still stand for him and protection Konsa, as he is young and nurturing him to become good defender that what leader should does to do, also he is big vocal to player to get head straight like he did to samatta (el Ghazi in past), and lift the low feel like he did to other players to rally better mental and psychological As he focus team rather what “Grealish want they do for his benefit”

{if Ming captain} Ming to complaint about players target foul Grealish and Ref will reliese it is the solution happening, would handle this better compare to captain Grealish come say they target on me so ref will think meh cos he moan about foul on him grow a pair balls.

“Reverse Psychology”.

So Ming if he save our skins and lend to save the club so next season he will right man to lead to mid-table even challenge for europa leagues maybe Champions League.

F78B2620-6E1B-41BD-8097-43A97A6ABBD1.jpeg

• Haha 3

Chuck this one into the grain of salt category, but a member of the Australian AVFC Facebook group says a couple of his mates got talking to Ian Taylor after the Brighton game at the Amex, and he said in regards to Jack staying “Sorry boys, even if we could finish in the Champions League spots he’s still off regardless”.

Not a surprise really, just thought I'd pass it on.

On 19/07/2020 at 15:46, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Be fair on Smith, he is give Grealish to chance to prove to lend as he bring 10 games row winning and undefeated for more that 10 games row, and remove his arm band would give wrong message to Grealish and maybe squad even fan which make a sense we should give Ming chance around December.

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 but maybe taking the armband off Jack in December to "give him freedom to concentrate on playing" or something might have been a good idea.

On 19/07/2020 at 15:46, Danny_Villaman84 said:

I think we should hand Ming Armband and tell Grealish give all his best for last hurrays with not shoulder weight for last home game and away game for villa shirt 

It's a bit of a gamble but I think it's a good idea - it'll either free Grealish of some shackles and get him focussed solely on playing, or send him on a bender where he ends the night banged up for dinging his Lambo again.

Â