The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Jesus, this thread. Wow. I’ve never seen a chance put more on a plate than the open goal he gave AEG and we are still slating him for not quite being Lionel Messi. What a shame. Never thought I would say it but I think it’s the right time for him to leave for all parties.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

I think @Dave-R is basically right. It's not a criticism of Grealish, he's just outgrown the team, and IMO looks burnt out (physically / mentally?) from trying to carry our attack for a whole season. We'd be more balanced without him, investing the cash across the squad.

Having said that I also agree with @Adam2003 that some of the flak he's taking now from our fans is pretty sad. Had AEG tucked that chance away, a lot of people would have been singing Jack's praises again, and we'd be 1 point from survival.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I think @Dave-R is basically right. It's not a criticism of Grealish, he's just outgrown the team, and IMO looks burnt out (physically / mentally?) from trying to carry our attack for a whole season. We'd be more balanced without him, investing the cash across the squad.

Having said that I also agree with @Adam2003 that some of the flak he's taking now from our fans is pretty sad. Had AEG tucked that chance away, a lot of people would have been singing Jack's praises again, and we'd be 1 point from survival.

I think this post sums up why it’s time for him to move on better than mine did. The second paragraph is an indication of the first perhaps. He has outgrown the team/club and that happens even at the best teams (and in all professions/workplaces actually). And the team needs to learn to play without just hoping he delivers. But it’ll be a long time before we have another player as good as him.

• Like 1

Jack doesn't owe us anything but he does owe it to himself to make sure that he contributes towards keeping his boyhood club up in his last two appearances by putting in some special performances. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

if we stay up, why will he leave? (I know he will btw) but what if the owners just refuse to sell like before. He wont request a transfer

I you know he will leave, you can answer your own question surely.

If the right deal can be made he’ll be off, I’m just not convinced anybody will be stumping up the money.  Man U is the likely suitors but with their interest in Sancho and have other areas of priority unless they can get him cheap I’m still struggling to see it.  Our owners won’t let him go cheap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

I you know he will leave, you can answer your own question surely.

I know deep down he wants to, to further his career. Just like last two summers ago.

But the owners said no and he stayed.

He's under contract,  surely the owners can just say no zgain?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I know deep down he wants to, to further his career. Just like last two summers ago.

Yes they can. He can throw a tantrum which will make it harder but somebody still needs to stump up the cash, so they may not have to say anything.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2020 at 02:38, Adam2003 said:

Jesus, this thread. Wow. I’ve never seen a chance put more on a plate than the open goal he gave AEG and we are still slating him for not quite being Lionel Messi. What a shame. Never thought I would say it but I think it’s the right time for him to leave for all parties.

He gets praise and adored when he's playing well. And the opposite when he's doing nothing. I just don't get how this can be a surprise to anyone.

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Yes in theory they can say no, but they won’t this time. Money talks. 

Last time Spurs offered us Josh Onomah and a multi pack of crisps. Then time we will be offered much more and having been relegated that’s something we will take.

Edited by Killeen30

i wonder how much jack thinks hes worth in the current market the reason i ask this is if no club is prepared to stump up the cash the club thinks hes worth how could he possibly kick up a fuss if the right bid doesnt come in ???

On 17/07/2020 at 19:55, avfcDJ said:

One of our worst captains in the top league.

I don’t mean one of our worst players. 

He isn’t captain material.

You’re not wrong about this, what I see with this, I think he is different material captain.

He is more like on “He Command the troop by this way - He lead the charger to victory and demand same level as him and play his game” which is not work for premiership but it is work for championship to hunger to promote to premiership high level when the squad have this hunger and squad actually very high level for this league and they capacity to win the league or promote to premiership if under Smith early of the season rather Bruce.

we at premiership which is differently level championship miles away as top 8 is very elite level even can up to 14th with potential elite level after 14th more likely fight for down which not easy leagues compare to rest of the world as different level. That why Grealish Effect is not work in this level as our squad good enough in mid-table with right captain which we didn’t. 

which I see Heaton and Ming even Houriance, maybe Luiz they are right player to captain the team  in this level as they are more “Marshals and rally the squad and point right direction to better result compared to Jack lead the way and get winning to which would see slaughtering Rather focus better result with right command in the pitch. We should’ve hand Ming or Heaton start of the season would see better co-ordinance than Jack would did.

Be fair on Smith, he is give Grealish to chance to prove to lend as he bring 10 games row winning and undefeated for more that 10 games row, and remove his arm band would give wrong message to Grealish and maybe squad even fan which make a sense we should give Ming chance around December. Only I dislike about him any foul he moan to ref when he should shut up and focus the game once out of the phase and complaint each players fouls or get assault rather his foul or target to him.

but not matter if good captain it is finisher is mainly reason we not in better table as Samatta and Wesley didn’t bring good number goals to better result, sad it is actually not sole problem it is duos problem is Wingers feed to forward, only better feed to striker actually come from our full back - Targett and Gulibert, Elmo more feed or cut chance after Grealish Which not good signs that why we got problem with this.

which El Ghazi and Treg is worst winger compare to we has Snodgrass + Adomah actually 3x better that Treg or El Ghazi each. Recuirtment actually big fault in this area. 

if we have better winger and striker with same squad will different table position we would sit even with captain Grealish or different captain.

I think we should hand Ming Armband and tell Grealish give all his best for last hurrays with not shoulder weight for last home game and away game for villa shirt as I notice his (Ming) passion and stood up Zaha for Konsa even he didn’t reliese Konsa kick himself, he still stand for him and protection Konsa, as he is young and nurturing him to become good defender that what leader should does to do, also he is big vocal to player to get head straight like he did to samatta (el Ghazi in past), and lift the low feel like he did to other players to rally better mental and psychological As he focus team rather what “Grealish want they do for his benefit”

{if Ming captain} Ming to complaint about players target foul Grealish and Ref will reliese it is the solution happening, would handle this better compare to captain Grealish come say they target on me so ref will think meh cos he moan about foul on him grow a pair balls.

“Reverse Psychology”.

So Ming if he save our skins and lend to save the club so next season he will right man to lead to mid-table even challenge for europa leagues maybe Champions League.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
Grammar and spelling re-do
  • Like 2

Â