The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Reading their update. It feels more like a re-worded take on the Sky Sports News update. I don't think BBC have a source, I think the source is the update that SSN put out which in itself was likely taken from Twitter. 

Didn’t that guy who was on here, with the Cartman avatar pretty much confirm this. He said he did some interning at ‘talksport towers’ and the majority put out was musings of interns feed by Twitter rumours, SSN and echo chambers. I think they’re a few respected football journalists left who perhaps have sources and contacts but they are few and far between.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Word filter. I said t*^sser which i didnt think was very rude! yeah I have nothing against the good people of Wellingborough :)

Haha, well Wellingborough does have a few of them to be honest. I used to live there for a few years and can't say it is the nicest place in the UK, a while back someone blanked out the letters INGBO on the sign as you enter the town, so it read Welcome to Well rough.

I am just curious as to why a small relatively unknown town in Northamptonshire has ended up on the swear filter. ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Haha, well Wellingborough does have a few of them to be honest. I used to live there for a few years and can't say it is the nicest place in the UK, a while back someone blanked out the letters INGBO on the sign as you enter the town, so it read Welcome to Well rough.

I am just curious as to why a small relatively unknown town in Northamptonshire has ended up on the swear filter. ?

Look at who the representative for Wellingborough is. 

Thats why it stands for what it stands for. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

A while back we were discussing Brexit, and Peter Bone - the representative for Wellingborough - proved himself to be an absolute tosspot with what he said in Parliament -

“My question to the Prime Minister is in 332 days’ time, will she come to Wellingborough where she will be carried shoulder high through the streets to the echoing of cheering crowds and I will be able to show her the sight where a statue to the Brexit Queen will be erected.”

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-05-02/theresa-may-crowned-brexit-queen-by-tory-eurosceptic-mp/

We took the unusual step of immortalising this incredible act of brown-nosing by making him part of the word filter.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

A sensible management and business play would be:

New contract for Jack. (more money always helps). With a 25 million release clause should we not get promoted.

He will know a FULL season in the championship will improve him further and whether with us or someone else he WILL be in the prem next year.

I think its brilliant that we are finally acting like the massive club that we are. These new owners have endeared themselves better than we could have ever hoped. 

From Jacks perspective you can understand his desire on a professional level: fresh start, new stadium, payrise, CL football, challenging at the top end of the PL, NT recognition, surrounded by a higher quality of player, coached by one of the best around. But he has to understand also that the club he both supports and represents has been dicked around by his potential new suitors. If he is pissed at anyone, it should be Spurs for not getting things done properly, which looks to be the real reason he hasnt got his move.

But im 100% sure he is professional enough to shrug it off and focus on what he started after getting back from that kidney injury; getting us up.

He'll have forgotten everything by the time he walks out on that sacred carpet 3pm on Saturday to 35k all standing chanting his name, he'll then remember where he belongs.

• Like 1

its a mixture of the media pandering to spurs, trying to keep the story alive and at the same time cover up the majority of the bullshit they've spouted all summer

"i understand according to my sources grealish is furious his dream move to spurs didnt come off"

**** behave!! utter bollocks

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

A while back we were discussing Brexit, and Peter Bone - the representative for Wellingborough - proved himself to be an absolute tosspot with what he said in Parliament -

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-05-02/theresa-may-crowned-brexit-queen-by-tory-eurosceptic-mp/

We took the unusual step of immortalising this incredible act of brown-nosing by making him part of the word filter.

Ah yes, I had forgotten about king of the Representatives for Wellingborough Peter Bone, now it all makes sense. Although I must admit that I missed that snippet of news. ?

Edit. Anyway, that Jack Grealish, he is some player!

Edit 2. Haha, totally forgot about the word filter. ?

Edited by NeilS
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Look at the absolute fortune we have wasted on utter horseshit over the years. He's been with us since he was 9. Didn't cost us a penny. Horrible thing to say . I wanted delphs career to tank. Hoped unsworth would never kick a ball again after his stunt. I was furious both those times. I'd be delighted if he stays. If he leaves, I wish him every success.

That's the spirit.

If Jack's head is a little wobbled over the next few games I don't think we should get on his back at all. After all, the club are partly responsible for this mess and we should give him time, if he needs it.

With the way Tony was running the club, and the issues we faced financially, i'm sure Jack knew he was going to be sold and probably got quite used to the idea of Champions League football and playing for a Premier League club. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If Jack's head is a little wobbled over the next few games I don't think we should get on his back at all. After all, the club are partly responsible for this mess and we should give him time, if he needs it.

With the way Tony was running the club, and the issues we faced financially, i'm sure Jack knew he was going to be sold and probably got quite used to the idea of Champions League football and playing for a Premier League club. 

Hopefully if he is still here on Saturday, he will get a warm ovation when he comes out at VP and all will be forgotten.

Daniel levy standing watching the villa training (eyeballing jack)

"Daniel how much money have you to spend today?"

Daniel whispers embarrassingly "20 million"

"Daniel why dont i show you something a bit more in your budget"

"CAN SOMEONE FIND ROSS PLS"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Levy the incredible negotiator hey, he should have fired in an £8m bid when the news broke that we couldn't pay HMRC and made it very public. I doubt Villa could have turned it down at that point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Levy the incredible negotiator hey, he should have fired in an £8m bid when the news broke that we couldn't pay HMRC and made it very public. I doubt Villa could have turned it down at that point.

Would the transfer embargo not have stopped it or was that only for incoming transfers?

This is the best I’ve read so far (paraphrased) -

Grealish: Mr Levy, PLEASE! They won't sell for £3M + Onomah, they thought you were joking.

Levy: I never joke.

Grealish: Ok, but can’t you make a better offer to the board?

Levy: Better like £3m, Janssen AND Onomah?

Grealish: No, they don't want players!

Levy: So just the £3m?

• Like 1

Â