The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, leighavfc said:

As much as im clinging on to any hope he stays, us making bids for players tells me things arent too far away from being sorted. Surely we couldnt be spending any more money without selling Jack or others.

Or could we...     :detect:

• Like 3

They are about £10m light plus add ons with that bid imo. How much did they pay for Moussa Sissoko, £30m I think. A deadline day deal from memory, shows Levy can dig deep late on if needed.

Some recent 25 million pound transfer examples for comparison

Michael Keane – £25m (July 2017)

Jordan Pickford – £25m (June 2017)

David Zappacosta – £25m (August 2017)

Kelechi Iheanacho – £25m (August 2017)

added

Rightly so. For perspective, Jefferson Lerma has just been signed for bourmouth for £25m.

cheers @GENTLEMAN

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Levy is known as this amazing negotiator but we've called his bluff and now spurs must be panicking. Leave them to squirm till the deadline passes then get us into serious promotion contention by January and there's less of a reason for him to leave. 

As all La Liga players Kepa has a buyout clause, his is at £72m.

And since Athletico has no interest or need to sell him that's what he'll cost.

Chelsea seem desperate and obviously see him as a huge talent so they'll stump up if Courtois is going to Real.

The situation with us and Grealish is a bit different.

We also have to consider Jack's commercial appeal from an advertising and marketing POV, which I don't think will be lost on the current owners. The kids's extremely marketable, his image and playing style (provided he keeps his nose clean). I know its a bit fruity but its a big part of modern football. 

4 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Levy opened the bidding at £9m... (Yes nine million). He did that because he saw us in a position of pure desperation and like the vulture he is, tried to pick our bones for a ridiculously low figure.

The guy (in football terms) is scum. 

Well now the shoes on the other foot. Now after a summer of coming up short on deals, it's Spurs who are desperate. Time to return the favour and treat him with the level of disdain he did us. Quote him a ridiculously high figure and sweat him out for the next 48 hours without giving an inch!!

So a shrewd CEO that in his tenure made Spurs go from being in similar position to us  to becoming established Top 4 side is doing his job very well.

It'd be nice to have a competent CEO at our club. 

This is business ffs,  don't understand the hate,  he tried to get excellent player for cheap. It didn't pay off this time. He used same strategy before and got Eriksen for 12 million. What a deal.

Edited by Alakagom

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Unpopular opinion, but I really don’t think he’s worth £30m and I think he will struggle at spuds. 

I’m not convinced he’ll be a success at spurs either. I really think he needed another season with us before making the big move, building on his performances from last season.

As for the price, well that’s the market now. Richarlison going for potentially up to £50m after half a good season has kinda set the bench mark for stupid prices. The big boys with all the money have kinda made the market the way it is, they can’t cry about it too much.

Michael Keane – £25m (July 2017) played over 100 games for Burnley including nearly 60 premier league appearances & had played for leicester 27 times in their promotion season

Jordan Pickford – £25m (June 2017) One of the highest rated english keepers, played over 150 games and has stepped up a division just about every year

David Zappacosta – £25m (August 2017) 150+ games in italy, 90 odd in Serie A, can play RB,RM,RW, has also played on the left and capped 12 times for Italy

Kelechi Iheanacho – £25m (August 2017) - Signed from Man City where despite only being 19 he had played 64 games, scoring 21 goals & 8 assists. Has also been capped 20 times for nigeria scoring another 8 goals

Grealish made 34 appearances in the premier league over 2+ seasons & 59 in the championship. If we turn down 25 million + add ons/sell on clause we are mental. We are a championship team selling a championship player with potential

Edited by LakotaDakota

We have new owners, who I hope as seasoned businessmen won’t want to look weak on their first sales negotiation at this club. I am hoping they are telling the truth in that we don’t need to sell, and will stand firm against Spurs tantrum throwing because we won’t sell cheaply.

Even Randy Lerner managed to sell well and achieve good value on our out going players, sadly we just we never bought well.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

So a shrewd CEO that in his tenure made Spurs go from being in similar position to us  to becoming established Top 4 side is doing his job very well.

It'd be nice to have a competent CEO at our club. 

He’s very good in that respect. Like Ellis with us, very prudent with the purse strings. Also like Ellis, that will also prevent them from becoming the top team in the country.

And in fairness, unlike Ellis, Spurs have no trophies in recent times under Levy’s stewardship.

Yes how very dare us that we demand the highest amount of money for our most valued player. We should do the right thing and sell him to spurs for the price they want, and doff our cap to the great negotiator, Mr Levy. In the real world screw them for as much money as we can. It will show if Spurs are simply interested in getting a cut price player, or they see him as a major player for them.

Â