The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I just come here a few times a day expecting to see a meltdown. Happy it hasn’t happened so far, but i fear it will be that much worse when he leaves 20mins before the deadline.

Edited by AXD

1 hour ago, jimcohen said:

Nothing has changed for me. This is the first offer. Brice confirmed that in Hull post match when he said no offers had been made yet, so the £25m was the first. It has been reported we are going to decline as that doesn't match our valuation. So nothing changed. They offer what he is worth in the clubs yes, he goes. That would bet he same for any player at any club. The only question is, what is that number in the clubs eyes. As he is the most important player in our squad and promotion gets us £150m, i would say he is worth £150m and I am not joking. Pay that and he is yours. Anything less, why would we sell and lessen our chances of getting promoted and £150m. 

From Jacks perspective he has 4 options. 

1. Stay with Villa and go u[p. he misses one season in the prem but then gets there with his beloved Villa in a team built around him. 

2. Stay with Villa and miss promotion again. He will have a great season regardless, increase his value and then if he is impatient for the prem, he can go then and make us more money as he is worth more then. 

3. Go to Spurs and Villa go up this season. He is then playing against his beloved villa next year thinking, he could be in that team having just secured promotion with them the year before. And unless Spurs with the league this year, I would suggest he would then have regrets. 

4. Go to Spurs and Villa don't go up. He would then feel he has hurt us as we didn't go up and him leaving affected that. 

So either way,I would suggest heart strings wise, he will want to stay and give us one more year.

I hope! 

5. Stay with Villa, risk suffering a serious injury / bad loss of form this year, and lose out on the opportunity to play in the Champions League.

Let's not forget careers are short and the vast majority of players never get an opportunity to make the step up (professionally and financially). I really hope to God he stays as he is basically irreplaceable at this point, but no-one could begrudge him the move.

2 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

If/when Jack does move, I just hope he gets play-time. He's a fantastic player but I can totally see him joining Spurs and not getting appreciated, then he falls into some of his old bad habits again. Can't help but think there are other teams in the Premier League that would suit Jack better than Spurs. 

Accept 30 and put in a claise that they must pay us 1 million every game he doesnt start ?

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Hypothetical situation - Spurs don't meet our valuation for Grealish and he stays. 

Do you think he'd sign a new contract? Or wait til January to see if Spurs are still interested? 

I don’t think he would sign a new deal as he’d probably want to see whether we have any chance of promotion first. If we get promoted he’d sign a new deal next summer, if not he’d take his pick of several clubs if his performances have warranted it. We’d obviously get less money next summer but possibility of a bidding war pushing the price back up. 

I think he’d only go in January if FFP is an issue for us and we need the money. 

(Hypothetical as you say as I expect he will go for £30m later today or tomorrow)

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hypothetical situation - Spurs don't meet our valuation for Grealish and he stays. 

Do you think he'd sign a new contract? Or wait til January to see if Spurs are still interested? 

I think he'd wait, but not for interest from Spurs, more so to see wether we look like we're going up.

If we'd have managed to get over the line last season I don't think we'd be having these discussions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I can see him signing a contract with a release clause. ‘If we don’t go up in 2019, I can leave for £30mil’

that would be reasonable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

His contract with Villa is to the summer of 2020, that's the reason we can play hardball with his price at the moment. That bargaining chip vanishes next summer as the price of players plummet in the last year of contract. 

He would probably wait until Jan and see if we are looking like getting automatic promotion if so sign up to a bumper deal with a clause that gives him more if we reach the prem. If not hold see if there are interested parties on Jan or wait till the summer. 

2 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I really don’t like spurs so my judgement might be clouded a bit but I think they have had there opportunity to win things and blew the championship to Leicester they won’t get that close again and this team they have will get dismantled over the next two years. I think the manager will leave at the end of this season and I think they will skip down to three rightful place of mid table with the Leicester’s and Everton’s of the world. Having said all that you can’t compare where they are with where we are my only hope is that if if jack does go (which I hope he doesn’t) then we put in big % sell on fee and buy back options. 

It was actually 3rd behind Arsenal, so they still wouldn't have won the title if Leicester didnt have a freak season! 

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

It was actually 3rd behind Arsenal, so they still wouldn't have won the title if Leicester didnt have a freak season! 

Fair enough but it was still a season where Man City Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool were all crap and they blew that chance plus all of the semi finals they get beaten in too

Â