The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

47 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He played well tonight. Could easily have got a hattrick

I only watched the first 40 mins or so but his finishing was poor.

A free header straight at the keeper. A chance to hit it first time, took a touch which was too heavy and the keeper gather it. Another shot miles over (I thought it was deflected at the time). 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I only watched the first 40 mins or so but his finishing was poor.

A free header straight at the keeper. A chance to hit it first time, took a touch which was too heavy and the keeper gather it. Another shot miles over (I thought it was deflected at the time). 

That aspect of his game was lacking yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

There's just loads of times he's 1 v 1 with the full back but he passes backwards. He'd 100% take them on every time at Villa but can't do it at City as losing the the ball is a crime.

Because they have incredible players all over the pitch that are utterly ruthless and rip you to shreds. They don't need to rely on individual brilliance that sometimes comes off sometimes doesn't.

They are elite.

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He looks a bit lost to me, doesn’t seem to join in attacks with any conviction or belief that he’ll be given the ball.

In my opinion.

plays is he plays for a defensive manager who has killed his creativity. difference between Pep and Mourinho is that Jose doesnt care that his football is boring or try to think he is a purist

10 hours ago, deck said:

A seemingly on-the-level post until the second part of that last line, which unfortunately makes your citing of the tragic case of that young Birmingham supporter seem like a pretext under cover of which you aim yet another kick at Grealish ("millionaire"; "claims"; the inverted commas around 'one of us').

And you know what?… after the bashing I’ve given Grealish on this site since his move, I probably deserve the suspicion that I’m doing whatever I can to have another dig at him…

but I’m not… There really are more important things in life than what club people choose to play football for…

You won’t see me in this thread sounding off anymore…

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Because they have incredible players all over the pitch that are utterly ruthless and rip you to shreds. They don't need to rely on individual brilliance that sometimes comes off sometimes doesn't.

They are elite.

I get that and I was actually thinking about this the other day. They are such a good team at winning the ball back I don't know why they don't let Grealish just take more players on.

can't find the podcast thread for some reason (i'm sure there was one?) but just listened to the 1874 podcast with bardell and gregg evans. 100% the last one i listen to. so **** tired of non villa fans telling us how we should feel, and how we're wrong for booing grealish. totally overlooking how he tried to leave twice before it actually happened and having the cheek to compare him to albrighton. he's a **** clown and bardell would do well to distance himself for him cause he comes across really well and with his various other media appearances etc he doesn't need the athletic anymore. anyone that booed 100% has valid reasons for doing so and evans a moron if he doesn't realise that.

On 04/12/2021 at 19:21, KentVillan said:

Very typical of first season under Guardiola though. I think he’ll be fine eventually. Definitely would have rather seen him play for a club where he was given more freedom (well, us!) but he’s gifted enough to make a go of things at City eventually. He won’t be a complete flop.

Every single "proper" Man City fan I know says this. The majority of players struggle first season under pep (Silva and Cancelo were awful) and comes good after 12-18months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

can't find the podcast thread for some reason (i'm sure there was one?) but just listened to the 1874 podcast with bardell and gregg evans. 100% the last one i listen to. so **** tired of non villa fans telling us how we should feel, and how we're wrong for booing grealish. totally overlooking how he tried to leave twice before it actually happened and having the cheek to compare him to albrighton. he's a **** clown and bardell would do well to distance himself for him cause he comes across really well and with his various other media appearances etc he doesn't need the athletic anymore. anyone that booed 100% has valid reasons for doing so and evans a moron if he doesn't realise that.

Evans is annoying. He's worked out that attaching himself to Villa is his best bet of making some dough. Probably sniffing around for the Grealish "autobiography".

Once you clock which football journos are just trying to ghost write autobiographies, you can't unsee it. Henry Winter is the worst.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Evans is annoying. He's worked out that attaching himself to Villa is his best bet of making some dough. Probably sniffing around for the Grealish "autobiography".

Once you clock which football journos are just trying to ghost write autobiographies, you can't unsee it. Henry Winter is the worst.

Evans is close with Jacks brother. That's his ticket to being a proper sports Journalist and basically dined out on the Grealish saga for the last 2/3 summers. He literally knows nothing else about the club at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Every single "proper" Man City fan I know says this. The majority of players struggle first season under pep (Silva and Cancelo were awful) and comes good after 12-18months.

Bernardo Silva (I assume this is who you're referring to) was absolutely pivotal in his first season at City I have no idea what you're talking about. Played 53 games (most of any City player) and got 9 goals and 11 assists. 

Agree though that Jack will come good eventually, he's been thrown into a completely new world of demands. 

29 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Bernardo Silva (I assume this is who you're referring to) was absolutely pivotal in his first season at City I have no idea what you're talking about. Played 53 games (most of any City player) and got 9 goals and 11 assists. 

Agree though that Jack will come good eventually, he's been thrown into a completely new world of demands. 

Yes he started well at City although i was a little underwhelmed with his last season but hes moved to another level this one 

Â