The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

People that did us far dirtier than Grealish, three of which are now fondly thought of at Villa...

Dwight Yorke - deliberately played terribly against Everton to force a move, kissed the Man Utd badge in front of the Holte, joined SHA

Gareth Barry - tried to force a move to Liverpool in a public interview with NotW.  Then made the jump to City at a time when they were no better than us (just richer)

Ashley Young - deliberately dived against us to win a pen.  Became Villa's persona non grata for a while

Fabian Delph - doesn't even need explaining

Did people really hold a grudge over that? 

We cheered his diving for years. Its not like he's going to change his approach to the game because he's playing against an ex team. 

34 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We cheered his diving for years. Its not like he's going to change his approach to the game because he's playing against an ex team. 

Can't remember if the away game was before or after the home game that season but from what I remember Young got a decent reception on his first return until he clattered someone and then got booed after in his future VP games.

Barry is actually an interesting one. Got dogs abuse on his first return with Man. City but then in later seasons with Everton and even West Brom coming back he got decent round of applause when playing/subbed so do think fans feelings mellow with time unless it's  Delph type situation.

Think even Dwight Yorke got applauded when he was playing for Sunderland right at the end of his career at VP.

6 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

I know I’ve been hyper vocal, somewhat militant and I may have done a lot of other VT members heads in with my partisan loyalty and condemnation of Grealish and his move to Man City…

But after reading about that little Blues lad and what he went through?

I don’t care anymore…

Go on Jack, enjoy your time at City and win your medals… Enjoy your life as much as you can…

Because that littleun was robbed of his chance to enjoy his life… and that deserves everyone’s attention FAAAAR more than whether we should be booing, clapping or cheering a millionaire that claims they are “one of us”

A seemingly on-the-level post until the second part of that last line, which unfortunately makes your citing of the tragic case of that young Birmingham supporter seem like a pretext under cover of which you aim yet another kick at Grealish ("millionaire"; "claims"; the inverted commas around 'one of us').

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I did to be fair and when that bird shat in his mouth I laughed my tits off.  I think it's more sensible to have a grudge over that than Buendia wanting the chance to play for Argentina but it's all down to each person as to what pisses them off.  I have got over what Young did, even forgotten about it until it got brought up in the summer window, I'm sure eventually people will get over Jack leaving and wanting to win things, it's just still a bit raw.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why poor? 

He's been perfectly fine 

City's cast of world class footballers passing and moving playing brilliant football, he doesn't at any time look out of place 

Nah he’s been poor mate, he just looks so out of form and that’s exposed more surrounded by that talent.  This isn’t bitterness, he just looks out of form.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Nope, he's just doing as instructed. He's never been a great finisher.

Exactly, he shows for the ball, gets the ball, passes the ball, rinse and repeat 100 times a game with a dribble thrown in every now and then

He's part of the Man City machine 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Exactly, he shows for the ball, gets the ball, passes the ball, rinse and repeat 100 times a game with a dribble thrown in every now and then

That's what he wanted, guanatee you he enjoys a knock about with his mates more now, letting the hair and the flair flow. 

He’s been fine today. Not vintage Grealish, but we’re clutching at straws here.

Also that post earlier by someone about that kid in Solihull… one of the weirdest things I’ve read on here. Have a break if that’s the sort of thing you’re willing to exploit to have a sly dig at someone. Very odd behaviour.

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He looks a bit lost to me, doesn’t seem to join in attacks with any conviction or belief that he’ll be given the ball.

In my opinion.

Yep totally agree 

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe but that’s not his talent and there are better players out there than him for that kind of thing for 100m.  As @bannedfromHandV says he just looks lost.  I never thought this move would suit his style and I haven’t seen anything that changes my mind this season.  He’ll win buckets of trophies but I’m not sure his talent will be fully utilised, I guess that doesn’t matter.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Maybe but that’s not his talent and there are better players out there than him for that kind of thing for 100m.  As @bannedfromHandV says he just looks lost.  I never thought this move would suit his style and I haven’t seen anything that changes my mind this season.  He’ll win buckets of trophies but I’m not sure his talent will be fully utilised, I guess that doesn’t matter.

Very typical of first season under Guardiola though. I think he’ll be fine eventually. Definitely would have rather seen him play for a club where he was given more freedom (well, us!) but he’s gifted enough to make a go of things at City eventually. He won’t be a complete flop.

• Like 2

Â