The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

So much hate from people towards him its actually disgusting.

Still love you Jack and **** haters and people who demonize you.

You may also be able to floss using his pubes while your down there :crylaugh:

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

The “frothing with rage” actually puts me off of going to live football these days. Can’t **** bear like 50% of coked up rage addled football fans. 

Forgetting the Jack thing.  Ignoring the coked up thing because I agree, I don’t like drugs.  To my main point, I think football is so much softer these days.  With the whole family friendly taking over football in the last 25 years, I’ve seen the whole emotions, whether bad or good decline over that period.  Going to games around the country I think it was far worse back then than now by miles.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think anyone cares that he laughed. Was the quick pretend not to smile face when he saw cameras on him 

Yep. The only thing he cares about is Planet Jack. That ego is bigger than his calves. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There are some unhealthy obsessions in this thread.

All my life, some of my family and and friends tell me being a Villa fan is an unhealthy obsession so this is not new news to me.

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the thing that pisses me off with that sky clip is what pisses me off about the move in general

grealish himself doesnt bother me its the acceptance that this is what football and the PL is, how nonchalant they are about him never winning the PL and CL while at villa, like that should be a thing that everyone accepts, that we're all just here to feed our best players to the sky 6, Morrison's "they got £100m for him" like that should keep all us peasants quiet 

i dont blame him for going but the fact that he went just shows how broken the league is and sky have zero interest in that because as far as they're concerned their product is excellent, as far as im concerned as a villa fan its utter **** shit

Yes x10

The anger, at least in my mind, also comes from Villa fans knowing we’ve always been a bigger club than City and we have the clear ambition to get back amongst the top end of the table. The signs were there last season that the gap, although big, wasnt insurmountable. When the leader up and joins the strongest side and simultaneously weakens his own club, that to me will always feel like treason. It sets you back years then it deflates the whole project and momentum that took years to regain. The fanbase was rightfully raging, especially as we probably rue City more than anyone for our decline in the first place.

We can accept it in times of decline, but not when we’re upwardly mobile targeting the top. You cant come out with “I think my future lies at Aston Villa; I believe in the project the owners want to go forward with” especially now you’ve admitted you only signed it because the Utd deal fell through. Only one word in that quote was true, “lies”.  

• Like 3

There are many great players who have left their former clubs. Dalglish, Gascoigne, Keegan, Ronaldo etc. Yet they are still appreciated at those clubs for what they did when they were there and are shown respect. To those that barracked a player who stood by us when we needed him most, and helped us out of the abyss we faced a few seasons ago, shame on you. I clapped Jack, along with many others I might add. Lot of self righteous claptrap from those who barracked him. 

• Like 1

I admire the sentiment, but there is just no such thing as a "natural place". We were a bigger club than Chelsea. By no sensible metric can we be considered so anymore. They now have more fans, more recent success, and more success in total. Our one claim to one-up them with the biggest trophy of them all was finally silenced last season, and the blue mancs won't be too far behind. There's only so long you can shout on about trophies won before most of us were born. Come the end of this season, barring a wonderful run in the FA Cup, it'll be 26 years and won **** all, a fact I'm accutely aware of as someone to young to appreciate it when we last won a League Cup. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

the thing that pisses me off with that sky clip is what pisses me off about the move in general

grealish himself doesnt bother me its the acceptance that this is what football and the PL is, how nonchalant they are about him never winning the PL and CL while at villa, like that should be a thing that everyone accepts, that we're all just here to feed our best players to the sky 6, Morrison's "they got £100m for him" like that should keep all us peasants quiet 

i dont blame him for going but the fact that he went just shows how broken the league is and sky have zero interest in that because as far as they're concerned their product is excellent, as far as im concerned as a villa fan its utter **** shit

Precisely, Jacks playing the game of football (the one not on the pitch), it is what it is. What it is though, is sad and annoying. Game’s gone, that’s where the anger comes from.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a part of this that's not down to him.

Watching the media reaction and the pundits that are having a go at the fans for booing, it seems that there's a lack of understanding out there about how Villa fans see Villa and therefore how Villa fans see Jack leaving in comparison to how the rest of football see it.

There's a feeling from the pundits that they can't understand why we, the Villa fans, don't "get it".

Plucky Villa have been lucky enough to have a superstar play with us for a couple of years before his natural rise to one of the great big successful teams, and we've got a hundred million pounds for him too, it's a dream come true for a club like ours.

That's genuinely how a lot of people in the game see this. Just typing it out gets my blood up a bit.

But that's not on Jack, it's actually on me, it's on perception. I support Aston Villa football club, one of the biggest clubs in England and one that hasn't been in its natural place in the game for a number of years. This is a bigger club than City, it's a bigger club than Chelsea, it's a bigger club than Spurs - that's my starting point. 

There's a massive gap in perception there and it's one where the modern pundit chuckles at me like I'm deranged and where they simply can't understand why Villa fans would be furious that Jack has jumped from a giant to a club that's just temporary money.

They ask why we're booing because they have no understanding of Villa fans, of our club, of our expectations and of the way we see ourselves.

I have a huge chip on my shoulder about how this club is considered by the wider football world, a massive sense that we're undervalued, underrated, too easily dismissed. It doesn't mean they don't have a point, but it does mean I hate that point and I'll argue it with them all day.

So Jack's leaving (and his return last night) isn't in itself cause for booing. He's a Villa fan, like it or not, he did some fantastic things for this club and I believe his feeling for the club is genuine - I'm not going to boo that and I didn't.

I am however going to rail against anyone that thinks that Villa should be happy, that this is some sort of natural order, that this is how things should be and that Villa fans that did boo should be ashamed. This ain't Norwich, we're not playing at a lower level where we're happy to understand that we aren't competing with the teams that buy our best players. I want to beat these and I want the idea of us beating these to become a regular possibility, not some weird underdog story.

I didn't boo Jack, but I'll quite happily tell those that think booing him is shameful and small time where they can stick their opinions on 'little' Villa and our place in the game. I'm not about booing a fan who has given us aa fair bit, but I'll fight to my last breath the idea that it's just the way it goes for "clubs like Villa".

Damn no likes, very well said. I think part of this is a generational thing, the bulk of social media being in a certain age bracket that only know Villa as a mid table club at best. 

What I don't like and it's based on the way I conduct myself day to day, is the people who sympathize with him and his camp, it's like the guy who shags his Mrs's best mate, gets caught and then wants his family and friends to sympathize with him ( but say they don't want sympathy), they all know he is a **** but most are the same and so do sympathize instead of chastising him for being a ****.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

😂 this being a man that grew up an Evertonian and then became a Kopite

He's the type I alluded to earlier, shit scumbag with no morals who would shit on his own doorstep to fund his lifestyle or boost his ego.

Â