The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 hours ago, Tayls said:

He’s definitely happy. He gets to travel to different places by being in the champions league and playing against the top sides and players. He’s also earning more than he probably ever will at this stage and has the ladish lifestyle to go with it all. 

There is no way he is regretting his decision. 

Sounds like you're very close to Jack if you can be so sure.

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

A marketing purshase if ever there was one, Jack couldn't care less, good or bad, play or not, he'll be in a squad that's won some trophies, get some CL time and be even richer then he was going to be.

Marketing thing makes no sense to me, he was at his most marketable in the summer when his gimmick was the local boy playing for his local club. His international profile has crashed since moving to City, the weekly articles by European journalists have disappeared 

Unless City are trying to attract English fans it makes no sense

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

i think you've answered your own question

they've signed grealish because they want little jimmy in kent to grow up wanting a grealish man city shirt for christmas rather than a salah liverpool one

they might even go as far as to have identified the midlands as an area that pisses fans up the m6 every weekend and know they can get some of that too

then apply that logic to harry kane and spurs too, kane isnt the best striker available to them and its madness that they want him for that kind of money IMO but they'll have identified a young fan base that will jump ship to them if they get him, with kane, grealish, sterling and foden they would have englands 4 best players, if they cant grow their national fan base with that then they never will

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Marketing thing makes no sense to me, he was at his most marketable in the summer when his gimmick was the local boy playing for his local club. His international profile has crashed since moving to City, the weekly articles by European journalists have disappeared 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think you've answered your own question

they've signed grealish because they want little jimmy in kent to grow up wanting a grealish man city shirt for christmas rather than a salah liverpool one

they might even go as far as to have identified the midlands as an area that pisses fans up the m6 every weekend and know they can get some of that too

then apply that logic to harry kane and spurs too, kane isnt the best striker available to them and its madness that they want him for that kind of money IMO but they'll have identified a young fan base that will jump ship to them if they get him, with kane, grealish, sterling and foden they would have englands 4 best players, if they cant grow their national fan base with that then they never will

Well said v4e, I'd add that his stock was rising and that they are so out of touch with the reality of football fandom that they didn't consider that he was already in the place that makes Jack JACK. They probably thought 10000 Villa season ticket holders would just switch their allegiance to citeh now and follow their favourite player.

Still makes me laugh that the same fans who (rightly) defended Jack for his lack of goals and assists for years because he offers so much more than that are now the same fans deriding him for his lack of goals and assist :D 

• Like 4

Look how many kids and indeed some men were copying the Grealish hair in the summer or talking about their posters of him. You had random women confessing their love and thirst for Jack. Man City tried to capture that - but the magic isn’t quite there. He’s just another cog in a supremely talented machine - where’s he’s made more negative front pages than goals. 

Sportwashing is about PR fundamentally. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Man City tried to capture that

I honestly doubt that was a major factor in the signing. They probably saw it as a bonus, but he's a **** brilliant player. Let's not pretend his ability wasn't the main reason they wanted him. 

Just because he hasn't hit the heights in terms of performance that he did at Villa (yet!), doesn't erase how good he was for us and why clubs wanted him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I honestly doubt that was a major factor in the signing. They probably saw it as a bonus, but he's a **** brilliant player. Let's not pretend his ability wasn't the main reason they wanted him. 

Just because he hasn't hit the heights in terms of performance that he did at Villa (yet!), doesn't erase how good he was for us and why clubs wanted him

Nobody is doubting his immense talents - both can be true - it’s obvious Pep admires him greatly. It just stands to reason that that despicable club can so lavishly throw £100m at one of the leagues best players as a luxury signing 

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Still makes me laugh that the same fans who (rightly) defended Jack for his lack of goals and assists for years because he offers so much more than that are now the same fans deriding him for his lack of goals and assist :D 

Maybe so but then he isn’t contributing what he did for us outside of goals and assists, he would run games for us without appearing in either column, he isn’t doing that for City (yet) or even anywhere close to it (from what I’ve seen).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Nobody is doubting his immense talents - both can be true - it’s obvious Pep admires him greatly. It just stands to reason that that despicable club can so lavishly throw £100m at one of the leagues best players as a luxury signing 

£100m is what one of the Premier League's best players costs.

Kante (if he was a bit younger), Rodri, KDB, Bruno, Salah, Mane etc etc would all cost about the same if not more and none of them are as supposedly marketable as Jack Grealish

32 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Maybe so but then he isn’t contributing what he did for us outside of goals and assists, he would run games for us without appearing in either column, he isn’t doing that for City (yet) or even anywhere close to it (from what I’ve seen).

I agree he is performing at a lower level so far.

I'm just saying pointing towards goals and assists stats isn't a particularly good indicator of that, especially when it's from the same fans who were rightly pointing out that a player like Grealish shouldn't be judged on goals and assists

agree @Stevo985 we as a fanbase spent years moaning about rival fan bases and pundits who blatantly didnt watch him but read his wikipedia page before launching in to criticism of him, how often did we laud up his chances created in open play per 90 minute stats? now i think those stats are still ok-ish but villa fans dont want to use them? that doesnt wash

but i disagree on the reason they bought him, he's obviously a wonderful footballer and good enough for them but for me personally the off the field stuff tips the balance as to why city bought him for £100m, i dont just think its a major factor i think its the major factor, i cant prove it either way or proclaim to understand exactly what city are trying to do but i think a summer where they chased england's best 2 footballers was for a non footballing reason, kane in particular for that money doesnt make sense to me in pure footballing reasons, its something else and grealish is under that same umbrella

• Like 1

I think citeh bought him to take one for the team, the consortium, the scum6/sky/pgmol, order must be maintained, we can't have any of the other 14 catching up the scabs at the arse end of the 6, weaken the opposition, keep order. 

If we're gonna talk bollocks let's do it properly.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

agree @Stevo985 we as a fanbase spent years moaning about rival fan bases and pundits who blatantly didnt watch him but read his wikipedia page before launching in to criticism of him, how often did we laud up his chances created in open play per 90 minute stats? now i think those stats are still ok-ish but villa fans dont want to use them? that doesnt wash

but i disagree on the reason they bought him, he's obviously a wonderful footballer and good enough for them but for me personally the off the field stuff tips the balance as to why city bought him for £100m, i dont just think its a major factor i think its the major factor, i cant prove it either way or proclaim to understand exactly what city are trying to do but i think a summer where they chased england's best 2 footballers was for a non footballing reason, kane in particular for that money doesnt make sense to me in pure footballing reasons, its something else and grealish is under that same umbrella

Definitely for non-footballing reasons. It was essentially just an attempt to further sportswash their reputation. They can't understand why they are still not loved after all they have done in the last 13/14 years. They've won a good few trophies, played some fantastic football but still can't seem to catch a break from the english media. The question of human rights abuses still lingers and they don't like it being mentioned or discussed. Buying Kane (England captain) and Grealish (English poster boy) was essentially their attempt at buying love from within England / diverting attention from issues in their homeland.

• Like 1

Last night was a low key empty ground like a traning match. Grealish played much better at the weekend but couldn't score.  He hasnt performed up to standard but its nonsense to say its a just a marketing signing. Too cynical. 

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think citeh bought him to take one for the team, the consortium, the scum6/sky/pgmol, order must be maintained, we can't have any of the other 14 catching up the scabs at the arse end of the 6, weaken the opposition, keep order. 

If we're gonna talk bollocks let's do it properly.

why is it bollocks to suggest that they bought a poster boy to try and increase their profile? or that they chased 2 high profile england internationals to try and grow their national fan base?

some of what him at juve and the madrid boss said during the fallout from the ESL was true as much as i hated their proposal, football "following" has changed, city have world class players with no profile

like i said i dont doubt his talent for a minute but there's more to him joining city for £100m than for what he offers on the pitch, same reason as to why pogba is £80m and £300k a week

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Last night was a low key empty ground like a traning match. Grealish played much better at the weekend but couldn't score.  He hasnt performed up to standard but its nonsense to say its a just a marketing signing. Too cynical. 

corona, we have restrictions back

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

why is it bollocks to suggest that they bought a poster boy to try and increase their profile? or that they chased 2 high profile england internationals to try and grow their national fan base?

some of what him at juve and the madrid boss said during the fallout from the ESL was true as much as i hated their proposal, football "following" has changed, city have world class players with no profile

like i said i dont doubt his talent for a minute but there's more to him joining city for £100m than for what he offers on the pitch, same reason as to why pogba is £80m and £300k a week

Everything you've said on this is bang on, I wasn't referring to you one bit pal. He isn't what they needed, he's what they wanted as simple as that. The whole of football hates them and what they stand for, anyone with a modicum of respect for them is a wrong'un.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's not bollocks, but I think it does him a disservice.

Yes it might be a reason why they bought him instead of a different player. But I don't think they're going and spending £100m JUST to grow their fan base.

They're spending £100m because he's a verging on world class player (on last season's evidence). Other Premier League players of his standard would cost the same, if not more.

It might be the reason they're buying him and not a different £100m player.

• Thanks 1

Â