The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s a weird situation. I still hope we haven’t accepted the offer. 

But if it is accepted, I fully expect Jack to go. 
We’re basically asking him not to be as ambitious as we want to be as a club. 

No, we're asking him to give us the chance to realise our ambitions together. Something he publically subscribed to 10 months ago.

Just now, The_Steve said:

There is no release clause. 

Why is it so hard to accept that maybe Jack does and still does believe in the vision put to him? And would therefore not include such a clause. 

Completely.  I cant believe how some have given in based on no information apart from City have bid.  We have loads of Villa fans that have given in, in less than 24 hours when nothing has come from Villa or Jack himself.  In fact City havent said anything apart from we know they have made a bid.

IF there’s a release clause then I really have the question the wisdom of the board here. Without a clause we hold all the cards like Levy does with Kane. With a clause the cards are all with City and Grealish. The clause allows Grealish to be sold 2 weeks (1 week when it’s all said and done?) before the start of the new season when we have no time to source replacements and we will get shafted on fee ensuring that we squander the Grealish money anyway. Hope there’s no clause!

Edited by mikeyjavfc

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Why is it so hard to accept that maybe Jack does and still does believe in the vision put to him? And would therefore not include such a clause. 

Clubs don’t normally bid for players unless they know they are open to a move. We said the same when it was us chasing ESR. 

Best case Barnett is using Citeh’s interest to max out Jack’s new contract, as ESR did. 

I’m not that optimistic and think he’d have been a United player last summer if they’d matched our valuation. The ‘my club, city, home’ stuff is great PR, but it’s still PR. 

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think you'll be in the minority then, respect is definitely not what he'll get.

I don't run with crowds mate so i can form my own opinion all on my own. What does that even mean " respect is not what he'll get " Are you suggesting you are gonna boo and hurl abuse at Jack Grealish ? Maybe you should run some sort of consensus poll to see who's in the minority about that.

42 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

From Sky

Although they are now ready to accept City's bid, Villa did offer Grealish a new and improved contract earlier this summer, despite him only signing a five-year deal last September.

Neither Villa nor City have commented on the potential transfer.

So City are ready to accept our bid, although Villa or City have not commented on the transfer. So who has said they are ready to accept the bid????

Isn't it pretty obvious that they are saying no one has commented publicly, on the record, about the transfer (for example, in a press release or press conference), not that they haven't spoken to anyone at the club about it?

Clubs give favoured journalists off-the-record briefings about potential transfer business all the time.

13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It’s weird how this saga has gripped me… I’m almost obsessing over it. I’m desperate for a positive outcome for Villa, but I just know it’s going to go the exact same way as the other players that we have sold to the ‘big’ clubs. I’ve largely refused to read a single article on the matter, and I’m purely going off what I learn from this thread. 

Football is such a crazy thing. 

bbc could replace eastenders with this

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We're asking a lifelong fan and our Captain to give the project another year to get us back into Europe which it's fully on the cards unless he abandons us a couple of weeks before the season starts.

He'll get nothing but hostility from me if he leaves like this.

and paying him a couple of hundred grand a week for the inconvenience 

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

We're asking a lifelong fan and our Captain to give the project another year to get us back into Europe which it's fully on the cards unless he abandons us a couple of weeks before the season starts.

He'll get nothing but hostility from me if he leaves like this.

It is the manner of it that's hurting me. 

If he goes in the middle of next week how the hell do we go into that first game? No Traore, Jack or Trez on the wings, just El Ghazi. I guess we could out Ollie out wide and Wesley down the middle? 

The timing really messes us up and anyone we go for is going to have an extra 10% minimum added to the price tag due to the selling team knowing we just pocketed £100m.

If he was ever going to go, it should've all been hush-hush with us being able to do our business first so we don't get mugged. 

We've also got to develop a new style of playing. Jack is the outlet. All the time, he is the man to give it to.

Does anyone else fear that the push to the top may have been out on hold behind the scenes? I'm not panicking, just asking the question based solely on the fact JT has gone, JG is looking likely to go and, the signings had dried up prior to all of this. 

I’m not a fan of the mantra Grealish owes Villa nothing… 

- Without Villa he’s not the player he is.

- Villa stood by him through injuries.

- Villa stood by him through the drink driving etc.

- This is the third time he has tried to leave. (Allegedly) 

For me it also shows if you can keep a player at Jack Grealish at your club you never will keep a player of one of the big boys come calling. 

At the end of the day, this is modern football. We need to invest wisely and prove that no one player is bigger than our club. He’a gone, we move on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

His agent is a very shrewd negotiator.. Grealish was in the driving seat at the end of our survival campaign. That release clause was to protect Grealish and financially for us.

His agent wanted Grealish at another club 3 years ago. He has been waiting for this moment to happen.

10 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

we are still a business ultimately. Only Man City, PSG and the Spanish Duo run off blank check books in world football.

I know what you’re saying…but in the last we have lost out on not selling players at their ‘peak’ value.

imagine we kept him and he got crocked 5 games in. We must use this as a FFP buffer, invest well and build a squad…which were half way to doing…which I know makes it more agonising.

Players hold the power these days. No matter what you do. All a club can EVER do is retain as high a value as possible through protecting their ‘asset’ contractually. Once they want to leave it’s a question of how much…for EVERY club except Man City in the PL.

Spurs said no to Kane. Arsenal to ESR. Soton to JWP. It’s easy. No. 

7 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

IF there’s a release clause then I really have the question the wisdom of the board here. Without a clause we hold all the cards like Levy does with Kane. With a clause the cards are all with City and Grealish. The clause allows Grealish to be sold 2 weeks (1 week when it’s all said and done?) before the start of the new season when we have no time to source replacements and we will get shafted on fee ensuring that we squander the Grealish money anyway. 

I’m beginning to think it’s not a release clause but more a ‘good faith’ clause, in which if Man City (or anyone else) make a bid of a certain amount then the clubs can begin negotiations from that point. 

I to would be very surprised if we put a hard release clause into Grealish’s last contract. 

Edited by Tayls

Â