The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

IF there’s a release clause then I really have the question the wisdom of the board here. Without a clause we hold all the cards like Levy does with Kane. With a clause the cards are all with City and Grealish. The clause allows Grealish to be sold 2 weeks (1 week when it’s all said and done?) before the start of the new season when we have no time to source replacements and we will get shafted on fee ensuring that we squander the Grealish money anyway. Hope there’s no clause!

Assuming there even is a release clause MAYBE it was a condition of Jack signing the new contract - put in by his agent (remember when Jack signed the contract we had just survived relegation by the skin of our teeth).

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Don't give him shit before he leaves. He could still stay.

If he does leave, we'll, nobody has the right to tell you how to feel.

How would you feel about it all?  

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Spurs said no to Kane. Arsenal to ESR. Soton to JWP. It’s easy. No. 

You think man City really knocked on levys door with £160m and he said no? That never happened, media bollocks 

They can't afford kane so they've gone for the cheaper option in Jack 

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Rubbish mate.  So you want to sell him just in case he gets injured.  You want to sell him for FFP buffer.  You want to bend over even though Jack signed the deal 10 months ago.

I don’t want to sell him at all.

I also realise from experience as a football fan that holding a player when they’ve decided they want to leave…ends badly.

4 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Can you imagine the status he'd be held in if he signed a new deal after all this!? Even in their heyday, Jesus and God himself would come off 2nd best. 

Yeah I agree, this would be the best marketing ploy ever.

What would you lot do if you we're offered a shed load of cash more to do the same job but with a different company? From personal experience, I left IBM (a company I loved as they were the company that paid for me to do my computer science degree) to go to a small consultancy on almost double pay, I never looked back even when the consultancy went bust following the credit crunch.

I see the Jack situation as a good thing for Villa, we're going to bag a load of cash. As a team we are so dependent on Jack, the opposition knew if they could contain him they would at least draw, if not win.  We will be forced to look for other creative options on the pitch. We should still be good enough to stay up. 

Maybe I am thinking glass half full?

Exciting times ahead.

#UTV

Just now, villarule123 said:

I understand why he would want to go there, but this feels like my wife cheating on me 😭

I feel sick

Two weeks before your silver anniversary 

Just now, Djemba_Villan said:

I don’t want to sell him at all.

I also realise from experience as a football fan that holding a player when they’ve decided they want to leave…ends badly.

but has Jack decided to leave?  Nobody knows

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I understand why he would want to go there, but this feels like my wife cheating on me 😭

I feel sick

It drives me crazy when I see Villa fans saying they won't blame him for going as it gives him chance to win trophies. 

If a bloke moves in a 3 bed detached house down the road and he's better looking than you with a better job, car and bank balance etc, would you wish your missus well and understand if she left you to go live with him? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Jack wants to be a Villa legend!  You earn being a legend, it's not all about being the best player, it's not always about the highest paid or the one with the most medals. 

To be a Villa legend, which Jack could someday be at Villa Park if he stays there something more to it. 

If he leaves he will never attain that, if he decides to stay he can become a legend like Ian Taylor

Ian Taylor.JPG

I'm going to be incredibly harsh on tayls here, a guy that I have a lot of time for and is genuinely one of the nicest villa guys I've ever met... 

... Who outside of villa knows who he is? Seriously, how many general football fans remember him? 

Not saying that would be Jack regardless because he's a better player but we're talking about a potential record transfer that would send ripples around world football, that's before he's even kicked a ball

I don't buy in to this stay here and be a legend stuff, the alternative is put your name on the precipice of world football

he has a chance to be the biggest name in Aston Villa's history vs the chance to be the biggest name in world football... Tough call for him, I don't think being a fan automatically means he picks option 1 because option 2 is so monstrously **** big 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

What would you lot do if you we're offered a shed load of cash more to do the same job but with a different company? From personal experience, I left IBM (a company I loved as they were the company that paid for me to do my computer science degree) to go to a small consultancy on almost double pay, I never looked back even when the consultancy went bust following the credit crunch.

I see the Jack situation as a good thing for Villa, we're going to bag a load of cash. As a team we are so dependent on Jack, the opposition knew if they could contain him they would at least draw, if not win.  We will be forced to look for other creative options on the pitch. We should still be good enough to stay up. 

Maybe I am thinking glass half full?

Exciting times ahead.

#UTV

Surely when you are already a multi millionaire the money becomes irrelevant. He can continue being a multi millionaire while staying at Villa. He isn’t playing for us for a bag of chips and half a twix is he.

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

It drives me crazy when I see Villa fans saying they won't blame him for going as it gives him chance to win trophies. 

If a bloke moves in a 3 bed detached house down the road and he's better looking than you with a better job, car and bank balance etc, would you wish your missus well and understand if she left you to go live with him? 

I would pack her bags and drive her there

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 3

Â