Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 17/02/2017 at 11:03, mikeyp102 said:

Last couple of episodes of Brooklyn 99, Captain Holt back to his best. The scene where he was pretending to do a tie, but it was only a half Windsor to show he is a baby... brilliant 

tumblr_ncnakvzdin1tv1iqko1_250.gif

Image result for ray holt half windsor

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 4

Just started watching Quantico. Good opening episode and as for Priyanka Chopra... WB

Spoiler

tumblr_nal5n0kehf1rg8by8o1_500.gif

9yxM1.gif

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Just finished daredevil s1, it was ok.

Not sure whether to continue with s2 or switch to Jessica Jones now.

Jessica Jones.

It's quite a bit different and gives a break between the Daredevil series (the second of which isn't as good). Also has a very good villain. Then go to Daredevil series 2.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Just started watching Quantico. Good opening episode and as for Priyanka Chopra... WB

Hide contents

9yxM1.gif

It gets old very quickly, but I still watched up to halfway through series 2. 

There was something about it that had me transfixed...

• Like 1

Watched "The Moorside" today.

Decent drama. I always say it's difficult to build up a sense of tension telling a story that everybody already knows the outcome of, so anything that manages it is a good effort in my book.

Criticism would be that the second part was considerably weaker than the first, it kind of tails off. But well worth a watch. Sheridan Smith is very good.

I enjoyed it. Not a classic or anything, but it was worth a watch. I didn't think much of the first episode, but stuck with it and thought it got better.

No specific plot points, but still a bit spoilery:

Spoiler

I felt really, really cheated in the last episode. It was a bit like that old BBC show "Hustle". There was no way of figuring out what was going to happen, no clues, it was almost deux-ex machina. "It's all worked out ok, because of some unpredictable bullshit that happened off camera". I still enjoyed the series, but that episode left me feeling pretty frustrated.

Edited by Davkaus

Mentioning Marvel Netflix, a hint towards Iron Fist came out earlier this week, that allegedly might also hint at the Defenders plot...

The Daredevil Twitter account posted an image of a newspaper from the show with a caption like 'look closely'. The paper has a story on it about a theory of a lost city. Danny Rand is trained in a lost city, K'un L'un, which is one of 7 others which each has their own 'champion' like the Iron Fist.

But... Daredevil series 2 / Iron Fist/ maybe Defenders spoilers

Spoiler

A Marvel writer has said they had an 8th hidden city that was filled with evil entities and spirits. Which might explain that big hole the Hand dug that is never explained, not that much of their motivation is ever expanded on).

Interestingly a character cast in Iron Fist is someone known to have fought him when he was possessed by an evil sprit...

I wouldn't bet anything listed above is on the money, mostly because the guys behind Marvel's Netflix stuff was quoted saying they were careful to not get too out there, and that much push that, but I guess it might be interesting if it's right. 

Finished Season 2 of Fortitude....... overall I enjoyed it. As its on I wont saying anything about the plot etc but a few comments Dennis Quaid cannot act. Ken Stotts Norwegian accent is shite but his character is brilliant and the dark haired policewoman is a bit of a stunner.

On 19/02/2017 at 11:50, Xela said:

Reveal hidden contents

Started ok, but got bored by ep11 and then gave up.  

Not even Priyanka Chopra could save it. 

• Like 1

Â