Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 13 February 2017 at 14:29, Designer1 said:

I enjoyed it.

I thought it was very well put together and intriguing, and I really liked how off kilter it all was too.

Me too. 

Was a bit stoned at the time too, there were a few moments that had me wandering about the strain I was smoking! 

Looking forward to tonight's :thumb:

20 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Looks like a BBC light version of Man in the High Castle? 

I read SS GB when  I was twelve after my sister showed me the cover of the novel. I remember liking the skull :D

Needless to say the book had a very interesting impact on me at the time and although I know I didn't grasp many of the finer details I still remember not being able to put it down.

So yeah, I'll be watching the hell out of it.

1 minute ago, coda said:

That Russian hooligan programme just finished on BBC2. For Stalin!

Fascinatingly disturbing. Or disturbingly fascinating. Whichever you look at it!

Edited by West

The Andrew Marr my brain thing is a decent watch

i know about 4 people that have had strokes and fortunately fully recovered, my uncle has about 6 a year and you'd never know, they did an operation on his neck to open all the channels and what have you, marr had one massive one and he's ****, I wouldn't say I like marr enough to properly sell it but it's fascinating all the same 

In fairness to the NCIS bit, there is (was?) a running competition between writers for that type of shows to try and get the most ridiculous computer-related lines/actions in to the show. The 'enhance'  nonsense came about similarly. It's like the Wilhelm scream for procedural cop shows.

It's still a bloody terrible show though.

Edited by Davkaus

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In fairness to the NCIS bit, there is (was?) a running competition between writers for that type of shows to try and get the most ridiculous computer-related lines/actions in to the show. The 'enhance'  nonsense came about similarly. It's like the Wilhelm scream for procedural cop shows.

It's still a bloody terrible show though.

I did think the NCIS one was done tongue in cheek it was so bad, so that would make sense :)

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

First series of line of duty. Wow this is class. Wish I'd  watched earlier. 

Fantastic series. Recognise any of the places?

Â