Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

Luke Cage is the worst of the series so far. It's just dull. It has a half decent villain, and then swaps them for a godawful one, backs itself into a corner with is own hero's powers and solves it in the worst way possible, and doesn't even have particularly good action.

Is rank them Daredevil S1, Jessica Jones, Daredevil S2 and a huge gap to Cage.

Although saying that if the reviews ate on point Iron Fist night be taking the dunce crown of the lot :(. I was desperate for that to be good, I love that character... I'm banking on the reviewers being tainted by the false diversity argument, but they've crucified it for pretty fundamental things for a martial arts superhero show...

I would have to agree with this but in truth apart from Daredevil S1 they are all pretty dull and overhyped.

I have to admit that these sort of shows aren't really my thing but Daredevil S1 was actually pretty good, the quality drop off for S2 is quite remarkable though. Jessica Jones was ok but just bored me senseless and the less said about Luke Cage the better really.

• Like 1

I'd agree with that. Daredevil season 1 was incredible. The last episode of that season was one of my favourite single episodes in years

Spoiler

That FBI agent...Damn that was well done

, but I got bored and stopped watching half way through season 2. Jessica Jones annoyed me and I stopped watching after a couple of episodes...If Cage is worse than that crap then  I'm glad I never bothered.

I finished season 12 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia last night, and with the exception of the first episode (the musical, that I moaned about at the time), I think the season was flawless, there are some real classics in there.

• Like 2

This weeks legion steps it up a notch. Good use of visuals and sound effects, where the sound is cut is very good and eerie.

Spoiler

So I've read that his father is actually Professer Xavier (which I think may come out in later episodes). My thought is that his mother is Melanie Bird the woman in charge, he witnessed her husband die when he was young and that has taken the form of the shadow king in his mind?  Ever read any of the comics so just a guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tayls said:

Hah - howcome? 

Your post sounded like there's only one show with women in it lol!

Also it was international women's day last week, the women's march etc. we're all meant to becoming more aware of how we think about the fairer sex, equality etc. 

This weeks Homeland was epic.

Twists galore.

Peter was right! it's a shame he was too right and his paranoia caused him to disarm that german bird who was actually on his side /facepalm not that i think she would have made much difference with the gun anyway against a guy with a high powered NV scoped rifle.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I finished season 12 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia last night, and with the exception of the first episode (the musical, that I moaned about at the time), I think the season was flawless, there are some real classics in there.

Interesting. I love the show and enjoyed this season but it felt different and I didn't find it as funny as the seasons before it.

It's still brilliant and there were some laugh out loud moments (Mac's exercise bike), but yeah, fell a bit flat for me.

Spoiler

Really hope Dennis returns next season. He's the best character and I'm not sure the group dynamic works without him.

11 hours ago, darrenm said:

I'm surprised more people don't watch community

giphy.gif

If it please the court, I would like to provide further evidence in support of the case for Community:

brie_zpsr9cutngl.gif

• Like 1

Finished Fargo Season 2.

Absolutely loved it. If they knock out a couple more seasons like that then it could be up there as one of the best shows ever, imo.

Didn't really get the episode 9 hype though. It was good, but it was on a par with most of the others I felt.

One thing that was weird

Spoiler

The UFO making a couple of appearances. I felt like that didn't get explained, and was massively out of place with the rest of the show.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Finished Fargo Season 2.

Absolutely loved it. If they knock out a couple more seasons like that then it could be up there as one of the best shows ever, imo.

Didn't really get the episode 9 hype though. It was good, but it was on a par with most of the others I felt.

One thing that was weird

Hide contents

The UFO making a couple of appearances. I felt like that didn't get explained, and was massively out of place with the rest of the show.

Pretty certain Noah Hawley explained it somewhere.

Spoiler

I think he was playing up the 70's UFO conspiracy.

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Pretty certain Noah Hawley explained it somewhere.

Reveal hidden contents

I think he was playing up the 70's UFO conspiracy.

Fair enough:

Spoiler

I saw the numerous references to UFOs in the show, I just thought actually having a UFO involved was a bit weird. I was expecting them to have it explained at the end, like it was a helicopter or something like that. Or that it had more of a tie in with the new language that the Older police officer was working on.

Found it a bit weird

My computer just froze at work with the first gif on this page on my screen, so I turned my monitor off waiting for it to unfreeze.

When I put my monitor back on the second gif on the page was stuck on my screen.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â