Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

An interview Finn Jones has done regarding the Iron Fist seems to suggest that

Spoiler

They are doing his classic origin properly :D:D:D I'm surprised, because it's silly but also the kind of thing that will either look rubbish or consume the entire effects budget in 1 go. But he's suggested it's happening. I can only assume they've found a way to cut corners (it'll be really **** dark in the cave so you don't see anything) or the origin will last about 10 seconds total.

Now do the **** costume properly. The Aja, Bruce Lee style one. Not the crazy collar ones, and not the ones without the mask, and not the shirtless ones.

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

This was my problem with Mad Men.  Technically excellent, unprecedented historical accuracy even down to the magazines in the waiting area, but just a dull dull show.

We can never be friends :D;)

Joking aside, I think it's comfortably one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

I only have a few left, i'm genuinely going to be gutted when the credits role on the final episode :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

We can never be friends :D;)

Joking aside, I think it's comfortably one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

I only have a few left, i'm genuinely going to be gutted when the credits role on the final episode :(

I loved mad men. it is undoubtedly slow, but when it comes together it's superb. 

Season 5 was one of the best seasons of anything. i felt like the show had existed just to get us to that point.

Weirdly, I never finished it. I must get round to doing that.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Season 5 was one of the best seasons of anything. i felt like the show had existed just to get us to that point.

I've heard similar in relation to 'Person of Interest', albeit not to the same standard i.e. "just get to season [X]".  I don't think the tens of hours to get to that point are worth it though.  I think I got to midway through season 2 of MM and hated every minute of it before giving up.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I've heard similar in relation to 'Person of Interest', albeit not to the same standard i.e. "just get to season [X]".  I don't think the tens of hours to get to that point are worth it though.  I think I got to midway through season 2 of MM and hated every minute of it before giving up.

That's fair enough.

Although I didn't mean nothing happened for 5 seasons. Plenty does, imo, it's just that it all feels like it leads to season 5 and when you get there it's amazing.

Totally get why people don't like it though. One of my best mates with whom I share about 95% of TV and movie tastes absolutely hates it. Says it's the most boring show he's ever seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm finally getting round to catching up on Fargo Season 2.

3 episodes in and it's as brilliant as the first so far.

Superb show.

Wait till episode 9! One of the best single episodes of any television show, ever.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Any thoughts on SS-GB? I'm surprised no one has mentioned it in here yet (although I may have missed it if someone did.)

I started ep 1 on a plane this morning but fell asleep - 6am flights FTL

I quite like it so far.  The lead actor is one of those where the voice doesn't match the face and I find it a bit off-putting.  The guy who plays the Nazi is quite good.

• Like 1

I've just realised, I've been getting Mad Men and Mad Dogs mixed up.

I've seen some of Mad Dogs, but not Mad Men and when I've heard people talking about Mad Men I've tried to join in and caused confusion.

LOL what a hilarious misunderstanding! I've had something similar when I was talking about the Walking Dead and somebody else thought I was talking about Waking the Dead.

• Like 2

On 27/02/2017 at 15:09, dAVe80 said:

Wait till episode 9! One of the best single episodes of any television show, ever.  

Agreed. It's all great but culminates in episode 9 which is not only exciting but absolutely nails the dark humour aspect too.

Then, bizarrely, the final episode is a bit of a wash. I'd go as far as to say you don't even need to watch it. Shame it ends on a whimper but it doesn't detract from the nine stupendous episodes of television at its best that preceed it.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 10:39, BOF said:

This was my problem with Mad Men.  Technically excellent, unprecedented historical accuracy even down to the magazines in the waiting area, but just a dull dull show.

The dullest. If I could get some of my life back by removing hours of memory. I would use it on Mad Men.

On 25 February 2017 at 10:08, coda said:

Do you have to watch the old Twin Peaks to understand the new Twin Peaks?

Can't remember where I read it, but apparently it's more important that you watch the film. 'Fire Walk With Me' 

I'm restarting the original TV Show tonight anyway, just to refresh the memories. Can't wait for the new one!

On 26 February 2017 at 17:04, mikeyp102 said:

First theee episodes of Legion... Jesus it's bonkers, that kid from the book :blink:

I'm loving it. It's a TV acid trip. 

The freaky fat dude and frank sidebottom have me on edge though. Disturbing. 

• Like 2

New Top gear has started. Enjoying it but something's bothering me. The studio bits of new top gear are bad. Filmed bits are great. It's weird, during the film parts the chemistry between the three is there and feels natural. The studio bits however, it's incredibly forced. I don't know what to make of it. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

New Top gear has started. Enjoying it but something's bothering me. The studio bits of new top gear are bad. Filmed bits are great. It's weird, during the film parts the chemistry between the three is there and feels natural. The studio bits however, it's incredibly forced. I don't know what to make of it. 

Sounds exactly like old Top Gear (or The Grand Tour) then.

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Agree with this. The roughly 50% of the episode that was in Kazakhstan was excellent - probably the most I've enjoyed anything on Top Gear for years, I actually re-watched it - and the Ferrari bit was fine, if a bit 'meh'. But the studio stuff was awful. I just think they should ditch that part of the show. Have the confidence to have a different format FFS, it doesn't have to come back to three blokes in a hangar with a thousand gurning acolytes. 

Â