Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 22/01/2017 at 13:17, Ginko said:

Anyone else think the first few episodes of the new season of Always Sunny have been a bit naff? I know there's a few fans on here. Just doesn't feel the same to me.

An emphatic "no" from me! It's been excellent IMO. How they keep the standard so high after 12 seasons is amazing.

Stumbled across Stag on iPlayer. Hadn't heard anything about it before so I'm wondering if it was never aired on terrestrial telly. 

Three-parter about a bunch of nob-eds on a hunting stag do in Scotland. Quite dark, quite funny, quite predictable but amusing enough along the way.

I can see a lot of the storyline being influenced by a movie of a couple of years ago which I can't spoiler tag as I'm a retard (with such things on my phone) so I won't mention which film as it would give away the much of the plot. 

37 minutes ago, choffer said:

Stumbled across Stag on iPlayer. Hadn't heard anything about it before so I'm wondering if it was never aired on terrestrial telly. 

Three-parter about a bunch of nob-eds on a hunting stag do in Scotland. Quite dark, quite funny, quite predictable but amusing enough along the way.

I can see a lot of the storyline being influenced by a movie of a couple of years ago which I can't spoiler tag as I'm a retard (with such things on my phone) so I won't mention which film as it would give away the much of the plot. 

Watched half of the first episode and couldn't stand any of the characters so switched it off. 

I'll recommend uncle on bbc3 with nick helm. 

Its basically About A Boy but with more drugs, alcohol and songs! 

Now on its third and final season but has been the best yet. 

All three series available on iPlayer

Now finished sons of anarchy.... Ending was predictable and mawkish but overall the series had more good bits than bad.

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Watched half of the first episode and couldn't stand any of the characters so switched it off. 

That was kind of the point. They were so insufferably pompous, you'd positively cheer when.........

• Like 1

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

call the midwife beat peaky blinders and stranger things for best period drama

its just been a very strange awards show, dont usually watch them if im honest, pretty every award is shit, an online public vote for awards is just daft IMO, the demographic that will actually vote isnt very representative, its a massive pissing contest

much like music im not sure if we actually have a reputable tv awards, from what i can remember even the BAFTAs are a bit suspect

Stranger Things is a period drama? 

Just finished watching OJ: Made in America. 5 parts each an hour and a half long watched over 2 days.

Absolutely brilliant viewing and one of the best things I've seen in ages. Comprises his early years then looks at racial tension around the time of the murders and all the Rodney King fallout that was going on, followed by the trial itself and the preceding years after he was acquitted and then convicted of his next crime. It's real footage and taking heads of most of his defence team, some of the prosecution and friends and family of all concerned.

The irony was that I was actually looking for The People v OJ Simpson and ended up downloading this thinking it was the same thing but the American version.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Watched the first episode of Riverdale last night.

It is as its name implies, a show based loosely on the characters from the Archie comics.

Its not full of corny, slapstick humour, but sees the characters in more adult situations.  its more like Dawson's Creek, with a Twin Peaksy tinge to it. I was mainly curious, as I liked the comics when I was a tacker. Luke Perry plays Archie's Dad, and I think he does a good job.

Curiosity value aside, I thought it was OK. It nurtured my interest enough for me to look out for the second episode.

23 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Finished Goliath. Very good.

I'm in love with the actress who plays the hooker. Fittest body I've ever seen on a woman.

This requires investigation 

Â