Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Started quarry, I really like it, the missus doesn't, that's me watching it on now tv whilst she watches the soaps, great result

In a very similar situation. My missus didn't get it either (she's usually pretty good with tv programmes too) so will watch on my own! 

About 4 in and it's pretty decent. 

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Stylistically it's looks very similar to how they did Luke Cage (which I really enjoyed but know lots didn't) 

theres an obvious crossover with Rosario Dawsons (:wub:) character too. 

Will check this out, cheers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Stylistically it's looks very similar to how they did Luke Cage (which I really enjoyed but know lots didn't) 

theres an obvious crossover with Rosario Dawsons (:wub:) character too. 

Will check this out, cheers!

I really enjoyed Luke Cage, the only real issue I had with it was that it should have been 3 episodes shorter.

As for the lovely Rosario, i'm pretty certain she's the only character that has been in all four series (Daredevil/Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Iron Fist). Oh and totally agree with the :wub:

• Like 2

Iron Fist was the Defenders show I was waiting for. And it looks decent. I love Iron Fist, it best live up to the comics. They have made some departures from the comic (because they will have had to, no TV show is doing his origin properly) but it looks decent. Hopefully the music in the trailer isn't a hint towards the soundtrack... Which apparently is going to do the Guardians thing, the soundtrack is supposedly going to be influenced by the iPod he had as a child. And it looks like they've got how powerful he is. And hopefully the fight choreography can match how good a martial artist he should be - he's meant to be Bruce Lee to the power of 10, and that's no mean feat to do.

But looks good. Now, where's the **** outfit? Aja style please. No exceptions.

Don't let me down... Like Luke Cage :(

Edited by Chindie

I have just finished watching the last series of car SOS which have been sat on my V Box for ages. 

I really enjoyed it and really enjoy the show generally. 

Added to which is some local interest with Fuzz Townshend. 

I like the concept of basically rescuing old cars which would otherwise be lost forever and making an ill person happy. 

Could do without the nonsense from Tim Shaw pretending to conn for discounts though I do like the banter between him and Fuzz. 

Also it contains a completely genius appearance from Roger Moore who seems like a right game for a laugh in a very laid back way. 

22 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Just watched episode 1 of 24 Legacy. I knew it would be terrible. It was worse than terrible. Why did I do that to myself?

Seemed like the script was written by a contracted Fox writer for Fox viewers.

Fixed.

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I really enjoyed Luke Cage, the only real issue I had with it was that it should have been 3 episodes shorter.

As for the lovely Rosario, i'm pretty certain she's the only character that has been in all four series (Daredevil/Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Iron Fist). Oh and totally agree with the :wub:

Having not gotten around to JJ yet, should I watch that prior to Iron Fist?

On 06/02/2017 at 17:06, Stevo985 said:

Lost was like me making love. Started amazingly, then became totally crap before recovering slightly to finish disappointingly. 

Lost, you making love,  you playing Rocket League... anything else? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villakram said:

Having not gotten around to JJ yet, should I watch that prior to Iron Fist?

Yes, it's excellent and has the best antagonist in the shape of the malevolent David Tennant. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Deutschland 86 is coming out end of 2018 ... probably means you'll watch it sometime in 2020 :P

will start with Martin banished to Jo'Berg before getting the call to come home to Berlin by the sounds of things 

83 only came out last year didn't it? I'm not that late! :)

Good to hear they're making a follow up.

The story of Danny Rand coming back to his family's company sounds familiar, but I cant think of how right off the bat, man.

Oh dear. My beer is flat. It is so disappointing when my brews wane.

I watched the part 1 of the BBC series "The Moorside" last night (Details the kidnapping / search for Shannon Mathews TRUE story Approx 6-8 years ago)

Got to say I thought it was brilliant and an easy 9.5/10.

Sheridan Smith is superb (But sadly she looks rough as **** in this)and will win an award for the performance as will the bird who plays Karen Mathews.

I have read the book by one of the detectives.  

Karen Mathews,  7 kids,  6 fathers and she actually forgot how many kids she had when first interviewed, how she ever got pregnant at all is a real mystery,  there are low standards and there are no standards.  

Link to BBC site regarding the program.

On 25/01/2017 at 16:42, Chindie said:

It's still a good series and I enjoyed it but it's less consistent. They have 2 plotlines going on and 1 is just weaker than the other. But as a D1 says the high points are really good. The 'corridor fight' is great (literally the only downside is more obvious fakery in their making it look like a single take) and there's a bunch of other great moments.

I also have a inbuilt dislike of a character they introduce so I am somewhat biased, not helped by not rating the performance at all.

Only a few weeks until the series that should set up the Defenders, Iron Fist. Surprised there's not been another trailer...

Spoiler

I am on episode 6 is the character you dislike elektra? Have to Dmitry she annoys the hell out of me so far. Loving the punisher though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

I am on episode 6 is the character you dislike elektra? Have to Dmitry she annoys the hell out of me so far. Loving the punisher though.

Spoiler

Yes, I dislike Elektra. She has long been this irritating figure in Daredevil stories that is always there in the background being annoying. And this version is really bad, Elodie Yung isn't a good actress, she looks wrong for the part, and she is a bad part of the series. They ultimately embroil her in another thing I dislike and the series which you'll discover in a couple of episodes I think...

It's a decent series despite that though and this might be the origin of the definitive version of the Punisher on screen.

18 hours ago, AJ said:

The story of Danny Rand coming back to his family's company sounds familiar, but I cant think of how right off the bat, man.

Oh dear. My beer is flat. It is so disappointing when my brews wane.

I think, though I'm not completely sure, the story of Danny Rand returning to reclaim his family company predates Batman Begins by decades. I think it might even predate the modern-ish take on Batman's origin where he traveled to the Far East to train by about 10 years as well.

Â