Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Agree with this. The roughly 50% of the episode that was in Kazakhstan was excellent - probably the most I've enjoyed anything on Top Gear for years, I actually re-watched it - and the Ferrari bit was fine, if a bit 'meh'. But the studio stuff was awful. I just think they should ditch that part of the show. Have the confidence to have a different format FFS, it doesn't have to come back to three blokes in a hangar with a thousand gurning acolytes. 

Just watched the new series (I've never bothered with grand tour or that with the ginger gob shite). The Kazakh stuff was good but in the studio it seemed so wooden and forced.

• Like 1

They didn't do Khazakstan justice to be honest , so much more they could have shown , but then again it isn't a travel show and the launch site is in the arse end of nowhere so it's understandable .

Rory has clearly decided to take the annoying one  role , says it all when your role is to be the poor mans Hammond .

Harris comes across as a bit of a cock and not a nice one at that 

But it wasn't terrible and on the whole I enjoyed it ....not as good as Grand Tour but miles better than the Evans era TG and that's about as good as they could have expected tbh 

Edited by tonyh29

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

Anyone seen the 12 Monkeys TV series, just started, hope its as good as the film.

I like it, not as good as the film IMO but not a bad series at all

Started watching "1000 ways To Die" last night.

Basically its a show that showcases Darwin Awardian, Final Destinationy ways in which people kick the bucket. The re enactments are corny, and heavy on the blood, but I found it quite entertaining, and embarrassing that I was giggling at other people's tragic misfortunes.

It is an interesting show, and I would recommend it. I give it two severed thumbs up. :thumb::thumb:

I'm late to the party but I've just watched all of Rick and Morty. I love it, I'm tempted to just re-watch them all straight away.

I can't even think of anything that it's like, it seems fairly unique unless there's a whole genre of I'm unaware of.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm late to the party but I've just watched all of Rick and Morty. I love it, I'm tempted to just re-watch them all straight away.

I can't even think of anything that it's like, it seems fairly unique unless there's a whole genre of I'm unaware of.

Watch the pilot. it's on YouTube.

My reaction was "Someone has watched this pilot and green lighted a full season!"

I mean, I'm really glad they did, because it's brilliant. But seriously, wtf.

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Watch the pilot. it's on YouTube.

My reaction was "Someone has watched this pilot and green lighted a full season!"

I mean, I'm really glad they did, because it's brilliant. But seriously, wtf.

Oh my word. If it wasn't for the voices being the same I'd swear some kid had just made made that in his bedroom.

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Futurama meets family guy. A lot of the Rick and Morty ideas were in Futurama first.

I've watched every episode about 100 times. I so hope season 3 isn't crap.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2017 at 18:41, Nicho said:

Anyone seen the 12 Monkeys TV series, just started, hope its as good as the film.

I watched season 1- it was ok, but never really grabbed me.   

I didn't bother with season 2.

Gravity Falls and Over the Garden Wall aren't really comparable to Rick and Morty, other than being good American cartoons that I would recommend.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hogso said:

Gravity Falls and Over the Garden Wall aren't really comparable to Rick and Morty, other than being good American cartoons that I would recommend.

Over the Garden Wall is superb, but you're right in that it's nothing like Rick and Morty. Adventure Time is awesome too.

Can't wait for when season three of Rick and Morty is finally given a release date (for real this time, Rick-rolling arseholes).

13 minutes ago, sne said:

So thinking about starting to binge watching Fringe.

I've heard good things, although it may take a while to get into.

Anyone seen it?

Worth it. 

I really enjoyed it and it was pretty decent all the way through IIRC. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sne said:

So thinking about starting to binge watching Fringe.

I've heard good things, although it may take a while to get into.

Anyone seen it?

Worth it. 

I really enjoyed it and it was pretty decent all the way through IIRC. 

Â