Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 13/11/2021 at 08:57, mottaloo said:

I think it would be great and very useful if when mentioning a programme, folk would state which platform they are watching it on, please.

Download the app "just watch" tell it what streaming services you have. Then you can search for things and it will tell you if you can watch it and if not where you can

• Thanks 1

Rewatching Foyles War. Yes, its a bit hokey, but it's engrossing. The mysteries are so well written and clever. And the wartime backdrop with historically accurate events makes it even better. Great show.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2021 at 13:25, markavfc40 said:

Just finished watching Dr Death (on starz play in UK via Amazon prime).  An 8 part series. It is a true story about a back surgeon in USA who is maiming or worse nearly all of his patients  Really shocking really as it is a true story. Well worth a watch and some decent performances from Joshua Jackson, Christian Slater and Alec Baldwin. 

Yeah great shout - we finished watching that today. Certainly makes you think twice about trusting your doctor!

• Like 2

On 09/11/2021 at 13:31, wazzap24 said:

I’d highly recommend Dr Death. It’s excellent. 

I don't want to come across as a lightweight but is there much gore in it ? I can't stomach watching medical progs with graphic scenes of operations. 

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I don't want to come across as a lightweight but is there much gore in it ? I can't stomach watching medical progs with graphic scenes of operations. 

5 episodes in and no not really.  I wince a bit when he's using the mallet but you don't actually see the impact.

• Thanks 1

Is the original series of Dexter worth watching? I did once watch season 1 years ago but as I already knew how it ended and that it didn’t end on a high I didn’t carry on with it. I keep hearing good things about this new series that has just come out so it has made me think about trying it again but I cba if it’s shit  

31 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Is the original series of Dexter worth watching? I did once watch season 1 years ago but as I already knew how it ended and that it didn’t end on a high I didn’t carry on with it. I keep hearing good things about this new series that has just come out so it has made me think about trying it again but I cba if it’s shit  

I definitely think it's worth a view. Of course every single episode will have you saying, oh for **** sake Dexter, but that's part of its charm. I think it's well worth watching in its entirety even if the very end is a let down. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

The finale of the ITV 6 part drama Angela Black was a massive disappointment 

Awful.  To be honest, Mrs F got me into the series and I thought the first 2/3 episodes were pretty decent but the final few episodes have gotten worse and worse, bordering on the ridiculous.  Was hoping it would perhaps finish on a high but sadly it didn’t. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

The finale of the ITV 6 part drama Angela Black was a massive disappointment 

the whole series was. it could've been done in 2 episodes. acting across the board was abysmal and the last episode in particular had more holes than a sieve.

Spoiler

so the guy's just gonna be ok with the fact that she's sent some nasty dudes around to his house? i know he's got a lot to lose but seemed like a weird thing to do. you'd just take the win surely?

no cctv at the garage? aren't the police going to find that well suspicious?

6 months on remand for a single attack? not a lawyer but that sounded far fetched

and not to mention that these guys apparently just started chatting on a train and a few whiskeys later decided to hatch these elaborate and highly illegal plots...the whole thing was utterly **** ridiculous

i thought of more holes last night as i was watching but forgot them

found her little bratty kids well annoying too

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

looking at subsequent replies to this post, it seems like a love or hate thing

me and the mrs loved it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

I normally wouldn't watch a show like Dexter but I binged it with my dad when he was staying with me and I enjoyed it. The last season was poor though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the whole series was. it could've been done in 2 episodes. acting across the board was abysmal and the last episode in particular had more holes than a sieve.

Reveal hidden contents

so the guy's just gonna be ok with the fact that she's sent some nasty dudes around to his house? i know he's got a lot to lose but seemed like a weird thing to do. you'd just take the win surely?

no cctv at the garage? aren't the police going to find that well suspicious?

6 months on remand for a single attack? not a lawyer but that sounded far fetched

and not to mention that these guys apparently just started chatting on a train and a few whiskeys later decided to hatch these elaborate and highly illegal plots...the whole thing was utterly **** ridiculous

i thought of more holes last night as i was watching but forgot them

found her little bratty kids well annoying too

Yep, said something similar above your post. It was the train discussion as well that made me think could this now get any worse? 

• Like 1

Â