Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

*Nearly* everybody? 🧐

Who did you manage not to despise?

Connor's other half is smoking hot. I have no hatred directed towards her.

Edited by stuart_75
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

*Nearly* everybody? 🧐

Who did you manage not to despise?

I quite like Greg. Willa isn't annoying. I'm at the start of season 2 now. Tom is a bit more human to me now but I'm not rooting for him either. 

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I quite like Greg. Willa isn't annoying. I'm at the start of season 2 now. Tom is a bit more human to me now but I'm not rooting for him either. 

I always want to fall into the sofa whenever Greg starts speaking. Cringe factor a billion. 

On 07/09/2021 at 10:00, mottaloo said:

Started watching Fauda on Netflix. Palestinians vs Israelis. Mostly in arabic so it’s not one for you subtitle haters but in an odd sort of way it’s quite compelling.

Just finished season 3. Absolute masterpiece of television 

• Like 1

On 04/11/2021 at 08:32, sne said:

For those who likes true crime and Scandinavian murder stuff this might be something. It's about Stig Engström, the guy who allegedly shot and killed the Swedish prime minister Olof Palme back in 1986.

Hide contents

Most people don't believe it was him but the case is closed now and the guy is dead so we'll likely never know. The murder investigation was the biggest in the world a kinda open wound in Sweden also costing a lot of money and manpower so about a year ago they just said f*** it and closed it pinning the murder on then deceased Stig Engström. This guy is a very shady figure and he might have done it, but there is zero evidence.

Series is based on a book about him follows his very odd behavior before and after the murder. It's getting good reviews so I'll give it a try even thou I rarely watch Swedish stuff. (Same 8-10 actors in every movie or series, seen one seen them all)

Got sidetracked today by this, had a spare hour earlier, decided to watch ep1 and ended up watching the lot. Very well done, really enjoyed Robert Gustafsson's performance, brilliant serious role for such a funny man. Very interesting story, decided to go in as blind as possible and now I'm looking forward to researching the case to find out more.

Definitely recommend this to the usual Scandi fanclub.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Got sidetracked today by this, had a spare hour earlier, decided to watch ep1 and ended up watching the lot. Very well done, really enjoyed Robert Gustafsson's performance, brilliant serious role for such a funny man. Very interesting story, decided to go in as blind as possible and now I'm looking forward to researching the case to find out more.

Definitely recommend this to the usual Scandi fanclub.

Nice! Not had time to watch it yet. I'm deciding between watching this or S3 of Narcos Mexico  but think I'll go with this now that I know it's good. 👍

Edit: Managed to repress that it was a Villa game tonight :D 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Finished Squid Game. Hmmm. 

Set up for a s2? (I hope not, would be a bad move). 

There’s almost definitely a season 2… 

I liked it despite being irked by the decision making of the protagonist at the conclusion. 

I’ll be interested to see where they take it though. 

Just finished watching Dr Death (on starz play in UK via Amazon prime).  An 8 part series. It is a true story about a back surgeon in USA who is maiming or worse nearly all of his patients  Really shocking really as it is a true story. Well worth a watch and some decent performances from Joshua Jackson, Christian Slater and Alec Baldwin. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Just finished watching Dr Death (on starz play in UK via Amazon prime).  An 8 part series. It is a true story about a back surgeon in USA who is maiming or worse nearly all of his patients  Really shocking really as it is a true story. Well worth a watch and some decent performances from Joshua Jackson, Christian Slater and Alec Baldwin. 

I enjoyed this. What a freakin' pyscho. Makes me terrified to see a doctor.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I enjoyed this. What a freakin' pyscho. Makes me terrified to see a doctor.

Spoiler

What I couldn't get over was why on the occasions other surgeons were in the operating theatre with him and could see what he was doing they didn't physically stop him. I mean he wasn't working on a car this was a human being and life he was ending/destroying. The hospitals he worked for should have faced prosecution as well.  It was clearly all about money for the hospitals and the fear of being sued. 

• Like 1

does anyone watch the equalizer show with queen latifa?

i keep seeing adverts for it and it looks like the biggest steaming pile of shit i've ever had the mistortune of watching 30 seconds of, i really dont get the casting choice, nothing against her but she just doesnt seem to be that, like the way she holds a gun and even brief glimpses of her kicking a guy and wrestling with someone it just looks weird

didnt watch the 80s show so its denzel in my head

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

does anyone watch the equalizer show with queen latifa?

i keep seeing adverts for it and it looks like the biggest steaming pile of shit i've ever had the mistortune of watching 30 seconds of, i really dont get the casting choice, nothing against her but she just doesnt seem to be that, like the way she holds a gun and even brief glimpses of her kicking a guy and wrestling with someone it just looks weird

didnt watch the 80s show so its denzel in my head

100%, it is bloody awful, I lasted 5 minutes.

Edward Woodward version has a cult following I think, was quite different to the average crime shows of the day and quite gritty, tackling thinhs ahead of its time,  decent. I caught an episode a few years ago and it hasn't aged particularly well.

Denzil version, I enjoyed a lot, especially the first film.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Dexter returned last night for those that can watch via nefarious means. My hope is it will undo that last episode. 

Watched it on my lunch break whilst WFH. Instantly hooked. No spoilers but you're introduced to characters you're immediately hoping will end up on his table. Missed this show.

• Thanks 1

Â