Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Disney+ day today

So far they've announced what if season 2,shown some obi wan stuff, trailer for a baymax TV show, a willow TV show, a Wanda vision spin off show for Agatha, xmen 97 which picks up where the old cartoon left off, spin off to hawkeye called echo (sounds like they might go the Netflix approach where they use a show to introduce the next one) I am groot animated series, Iron heart which is like an iron man follow up without Tony, moon Knight footage @Chindie

Ms marvel footage, secret invasion stuff, she hulk, new spiderman cartoon called freshman year and marvel zombies 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For me their problem has been amount of content, I've seen all the star wars / marvel films, for the money per month they couldn't compete with Netflix and their overwhelming scattergun (apple TV is the same) I'm not sure anyone can

Its marvel heavy but at least now they've got lots of stuff, the stars stuff was really needed, since my last trial they've finally added some of the 30 for 30 stuff too, national geographic for me is really disappointing so it needed more documentary stuff, it just needed some normal TV, dramas and comedies 

It looks to me like it'll start to compete with amazon prime as which one I have as Netflix back up

They need to stop the weekly releases though but I'm guessing that might be because the content isn't there and people could dip in and out, more they offer the less likely that is to happen 

15 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Danish police drama The Chestnut Man. Episode one has caught my attention enough to want to see more.

Watched first three of this now, really is very good.

• Like 1

So, the new Dexter...I thought it was solid. Michael Hall is a guy with on camera charisma to burn, and he carries it, just like before. I thought some of the choices by the director were poor, and thought that

Spoiler

they should've waited until ep 2 to get him back in the swing of things. Its easier to be a serial killer in Miami than a small town too. Sets up a good dynamic with his cop girlfriend. Will he be a suspect?

On 12/11/2021 at 07:32, rjw63 said:

Danish police drama The Chestnut Man. Episode one has caught my attention enough to want to see more.

We watched the first two eps last night. A bit formulaic, but decent enough. 

22 minutes ago, maqroll said:

So, the new Dexter...I thought it was solid. Michael Hall is a guy with on camera charisma to burn, and he carries it, just like before. I thought some of the choices by the director were poor, and thought that

Hide contents

they should've waited until ep 2 to get him back in the swing of things. Its easier to be a serial killer in Miami than a small town too. Sets up a good dynamic with his cop girlfriend. Will he be a suspect?

Spoiler

Dexter's thing is that the bodies are never found, so no body, no suspect.

I don't know how the season is going to go, is he going to kill nearly every episode like he used to? Harder to do so in a small town as you said.

I'm sure he will end up hunting whoever is disappearing young women.

6 episodes in and this is probably the best animated series I've seen. Everything about it is stellar.

Edit: Apart from that god awful Imagine Dragons theme song that is so revolting that you have to mute it or risk projectile vomit as soon as you hear it.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sne said:

6 episodes in and this is probably the best animated series I've seen. Everything about it is stellar.

Edit: Apart from that god awful Imagine Dragons theme song that is so revolting that you have to mute it or risk projectile vomit as soon as you hear it.

Cheers, do you need to have any game back knowledge going in?

The look of it is amazing, it's something I want to like badly even going in blind.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Cheers, do you need to have any game back knowledge going in?

The look of it is amazing, it's something I want to like badly even going in blind.

I'm sure it might make it even better as the characters are apparently well know ones but I have never played the game and know nothing about anything. 

No issues going in blind as the story is pretty much a origin story for some of the major characters in the game (might be wrong on this but that's how I understand it)

• Thanks 1

Watched the first ep of the animated Blade Runner Black Lotus series. Yikes, compared to Arcane this is terrible. Maybe an unfair comparison but Arcane blows this out of the water in every aspect.

And doesn't have any Blade Runner feel to it at all. Blade Runner isn't about a bunch of action and fighting scenes to me but this show leans heavy towards that in the first ep. Probably not for me.

Â