Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

season 4 with John Lithgow is masterful!

Yeah have to say that's one of my favourite seasons of any series ever. I am a massive fan of Lithgow though so may be biased.

Only the last season was really disappointing for me. It did lose quality after s4 but I still thought it was a very solid show until the poor ending.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I am astonished to read that they're still making Dexter, it must have been on TV nearly as long as Corrie at this point.

Finished 8 years ago. Just started up again.  

Edited by Seat68

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I am astonished to read that they're still making Dexter, it must have been on TV nearly as long as Corrie at this point.

It did have a 8 year break before this season

29 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Well the first 5 were god awful do don't know why you expected 6 to be any good......

thought it had potential after the first episode. but when the story didn't move at all through episodes 2-4 i lost faith

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Awful.  To be honest, Mrs F got me into the series and I thought the first 2/3 episodes were pretty decent but the final few episodes have gotten worse and worse, bordering on the ridiculous.  Was hoping it would perhaps finish on a high but sadly it didn’t. 

Same here, got into it but the last episode was appalling.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I don't want to come across as a lightweight but is there much gore in it ? I can't stomach watching medical progs with graphic scenes of operations. 

Nothing of note, there are some scenes in the operating theatre, but brief and relatively few and far between.

as @Wainy316 said, you might wince a bit when on the odd occasion, but it’s far from gory.

• Thanks 1

There’s a River Hunters - War Of The Roses special on Sky History tonight! 

I never thought I’d love watching a series about men faffing about in rivers with metal detectors looking for artefacts but it’s surprisingly brilliant! 

Has anyone watched the new Dexter yet?  I listened to a review of it on radio and the overall opinion seemed to be, "What's the point?"   

Spoiler alert below regards the original series for those who haven't seen it and plan to. 

Spoiler

Part of the  initial interest was in seeing whether he could ever learn to control his urges and, if not, how he managed to keep it up without getting caught as situations in his personal and professional life made it trickier and trickier.  Ultimately, it wasn't moving forward anymore and it made sense to conclude it, though the manner in which that was done was really disappointing.  Now we learn that he started a new life and controlled his "need" for 10 years but suddenly it's started up again.   Back to square one in a new environment.  Oh, and apparently his sister is back from the dead to speak to him.   It sounded like it was set up to be a big disappointment.

Edited by il_serpente
added spoiler alert

19 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Anyone still with "The Foundation"?

It's pretty much lost me

It was a struggle for a bit, yeah. Something bad happens, then something else bad... then something worse. Then it gets darker. Then more depressing... 

Forcing myself to stick with it. 

Most importantly though, there's no 'The'. It's just Foundation. And 'foundation' in Arabic is 'qaeda'. 

But yeah. It's not been a fun ride. Yet. 

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Has anyone watched the new Dexter yet...

You miss the last page and a bit?  Pretty big spoiler for anyone thinking of watching it from the start!

Anyway I guess it depends on where the rest of the series goes but I'm struggling to think of much they can do with it.  I'll watch it anyway.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Thanks 1

Dexter is shaping up to be a train wreck. 

Spoiler

The ghost sister scenes are really annoying. The son plot line is a bore. Then the random girl sub plot. Ridiculous. The only interesting thing for me is Dexter himself and his cop girlfriend and the inherent tension there now that he's killed again. 

Make or break episode next week, IMO.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

You miss the last page and a bit?  Pretty big spoiler for anyone thinking of watching it from the start!

Anyway I guess it depends on where the rest of the series goes but I'm struggling to think of much they can do with it.  I'll watch it anyway.

Added spoiler alert, but can't do the same to your quote, unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Have blasted through 7 episodes of Ted lasso tonight - brilliant stuff and much better than expected 

I started a week ago and I’ve only got a couple of episodes left of S2. It’s brilliant. 

• Like 2

Â