Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

who was it who posted something about wheel of time?

saw a review, apprantly it starts terribly and then gets good, ended up with a 7/10, so if you're interested in it dont be put off by the start

also saw some reviews for mayor of kingstown, the jeremy renner prison drama that i posted the trailer for, meant to be dogshit, i'll wait until i can binge it and still give it a go

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

saw a review, apprantly it starts terribly and then gets good, ended up with a 7/10, so if you're interested in it dont be put off by the start

also saw some reviews for mayor of kingstown, the jeremy renner prison drama that i posted the trailer for, meant to be dogshit, i'll wait until i can binge it and still give it a go

Was probable me. I'm fully expecting this to be a based on rather than a faithful adaptation but hopefully it'll still be a watchable show. There are 14 books in the series and the first season covers about 1.5 so long way to go if they decide to run with it.

Apparently they've approved a 3rd season already...

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

3 hours ago, sne said:

Was probable me. I'm fully expecting this to be a based on rather than a faithful adaptation but hopefully it'll still be a watchable show. There are 14 books in the series and the first season covers about 1.5 so long way to go if they decide to run with it.

Apparently they've approved a 3rd season already...

Is this out? I'm on prime and it's saying 19th.

It will lose 2/10 initially to Netflix bots leaving fake 1/10 ratings.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Is this out? I'm on prime and it's saying 19th.

It will lose 2/10 initially to Netflix bots leaving fake 1/10 ratings.

Nah it's out on the 19th but they've had fan screenings and stuff like that. They've apparently made quite a lot of pretty major changes to the core of the story to better fit in with what Hollywood think the people want's these days. Hopefully the show will still be good.

So many great books that's been ruined by poor adaptations where the show-runners think they can improve on the story but then utterly messing up. The way they slaughtered The Passage is just sad.

• Like 1

Season 2 of Tiger King on nitflux today. I suspect it’s going to be a big tease and deliver nothing. Did she kill Don? Does Joe get out of jail? I think we all know there’s nothing new in this story. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, choffer said:

Season 2 of Tiger King on nitflux today. I suspect it’s going to be a big tease and deliver nothing. Did she kill Don? Does Joe get out of jail? I think we all know there’s nothing new in this story. 

Agreed. None of the mysteries have been resolved as far as I know and Joe is still in prison, so... What will they do?

All seems a bit pointless. The original was such an explosion of unlikely happenstances that it won't ever be matched.

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Agreed. None of the mysteries have been resolved as far as I know and Joe is still in prison, so... What will they do?

All seems a bit pointless. The original was such an explosion of unlikely happenstances that it won't ever be matched.

Also, maybe just me but I don't want to relive lockdown experiences again. Leave it in the past where it belongs. Only slightly less unappealing than reading Jackie Weaver's autobiography. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Also, maybe just me but I don't want to relive lockdown experiences again. Leave it in the past where it belongs. Only slightly less unappealing than reading Jackie Weaver's autobiography. 

Good point. Those things are inextricably linked with lockdown.

• Like 1

Enjoyed watching the outlaws but the ending was a bit lame...without giving away any spoilers, it just wasn't in keeping with the gangster's previous behaviour 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Enjoyed watching the outlaws but the ending was a bit lame...without giving away any spoilers, it just wasn't in keeping with the gangster's previous behaviour 

Yeah I 100% agree with this. But it keeps it very open for a second series, which I believe has been given the go ahead

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I know what you mean. For me all the different strands of stories that were going just didnt get an ending and I dont see how they could do a series 2 (but probably will)

• Like 1

And tonight it's time for the big one, the one I've waited 25 years for. Well, the plans for it started about 5 or 6 years ago or so, but I started to read the books about 25+ years ago and wanted them to be filmed there and then. They're already on Prime, of course, but some of us have to work. Or at least be at work. Still very excited:

The Wheel of Time säsong ett: premiärdatum, trailer, skådespelare, handling  och mer | TechRadar

• Like 2

On 17/11/2021 at 19:00, choffer said:

Save yourselves the bother. It was as expected. 

Spoiler

Joe still in chokey. Carole does dancing with the stars. Her dead husbands family are nutters too. Some Saul Goodman type has inveigled his way into the story. An internet sleuth is now involved. Nothing has actually changed as a result. 

Edited by choffer

1 hour ago, Pelle said:

And tonight it's time for the big one, the one I've waited 25 years for. Well, the plans for it started about 5 or 6 years ago or so, but I started to read the books about 25+ years ago and wanted them to be filmed there and then. They're already on Prime, of course, but some of us have to work. Or at least be at work. Still very excited:

The Wheel of Time säsong ett: premiärdatum, trailer, skådespelare, handling  och mer | TechRadar

Same here. I really hope its not a let down. 

• Like 1

Â