Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Stick with it and ignore the stand up bits which have no place.

4 self centered people who get into some mad situations, frequently of their own making. Jerry basically can't act but he gets away with it.

The fact that he knows he can't act and makes fun of it in the show as well makes it easier to handle

Watched Only Murders in the Building earlier with my sister, just binged through the season. Nice and entertaining, nothing particularly special. Has some nice appearances from people like Nathan Lane and Tina Fey.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Watched Only Murders in the Building earlier with my sister, just binged through the season. Nice and entertaining, nothing particularly special. Has some nice appearances from people like Nathan Lane and Tina Fey.

Gave one of my all time favourite comedy performances in the birdcage, great film too.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2021 at 23:36, Designer1 said:

Just watched ep 6 of Squid Game.

FFS.

I finally cracked and started watching Squid Game. Very impressed after four episodes. You have me worried about ep 6 now... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I finally cracked and started watching Squid Game. Very impressed after four episodes. You have me worried about ep 6 now... 

Lets just say that episode 6 is probably the best episode of the show.

Watched "Mrs Wilson" last night, it was decent enough.

Ruth Wilson is strangely attractive even with that "Simpsons" looking mouth :)

Just read that she is actually the grand daughter of the bloke the series is about and played her own gran in the show, FFS!

Getting towards the end of Sex Education season 3 and it's getting a bit ridiculous tbh.  Season one was great but there's so many unrealistic story lines going on it's off putting.

The scene in assembly with the signs...... 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just watched about 12 seconds of The Larkins and it nearly made my eyes and ears simultaneously bleed.

I saw a little bit of the first episode, I didn’t return to view the rest.

But it did make me wonder why a remake of “All creatures great and small” can go down really well with audiences (from what I gather) and a remake of “The Darling Buds of May” doesn’t.

Is it because the original of the latter is held in a higher regard?

I really hope it’s not because of the actor who’s now playing the Charlie character, but I sadly suspect that would be a factor for some.

20 hours ago, Chindie said:

Lets just say that episode 6 is probably the best episode of the show.

Watched last night. Cruelly ingenious (even if it was an obvious plot idea). 

• Like 3

Finally watched Sabrina on Netflix. Pretty good if not annoying in parts. For some reason now I have a child, characters that are stubborn annoy me more.

Also didn't realise Lucy Davis had put on so much weight - almost didn't recognise her. Is it a medical thing?

10 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Looks good and he is a character I've always wanted to see more of:

Looks like it could be good. That said, I'm in the minority of people that found the Mandalorian dreadful. Watched it with a friend and we agreed. I mean, we were laughing at it, it was that bad. And yet, everything I read anywhere was universal in its praise. Go figure. 

• Like 2

Â