Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Haven't tried WWDITS yet, just didn't think it would compare too favourably to the film, which I think was a work of genius. 

It's as a good as the film ..maybe better as you get more time for the characters to develop  .. and some reoccurring themes ..oh and you get Colin Robinson  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

He looks familiar, is he the yellow dude from BCS?

remember that part where I said  there is a lot of chat in here is about shows I’ve never watched  :) 

I've literally no idea what BCS is 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

remember that part where I said  there is a lot of chat in here is about shows I’ve never watched  :) 

I've literally no idea what BCS is 

Just looked him up, yes it is. BCS, Better call Saul, Breaking bad spin off, superb.

1469333_full.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just looked him up, yes it is. BCS, Better call Saul, Breaking bad spin off, superb.

1469333_full.jpg

never watched breaking bad (or the spin off) .. I'll get around to it someday .. got 14 more episodes of Quantum Leap to watch and then I've completed that  , then I'll do Squid Game , then take it from there :) 

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

never watched breaking bad (or the spin off) .. I'll get around to it someday .. got 14 more episodes of Quantum Leap to watch and then I've completed that  , then I'll do Squid Game , then take it from there :) 

I hope Sam finally gets home (never watched the last series) may have to revisit 

30 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Watching squid game now, pretty good. If you click with BB and BCS you are in for a treat, both top class.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I hope Sam finally gets home (never watched the last series) may have to revisit 

I remember watching it at the time so I kinda know the outcome but it will be nice to see it through to the conclusion

series 5 went a bit weird , he leaps into Lee Harvey Oswald but keeps leaping within Oswalds timeline , a killer he leaps into somehow has a gun in the imaging chamber and he also leaps out of his own time line ..

I hate it when a fictional sci-fi program doesn't stick to its own rules :)   

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Wait , what , there is a third series ? Why didn’t anyone inform me

Such a brilliant show , I’ll have to don my witch skin hat and watch  this season 3 of which you speak

I didn't know this either! Such an amazing show.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Midnight Mass (Netflix), pretty good, bit of a slow burner and relies heavily on some well scripted and delivered dialogue.

Can’t really discuss it any further without giving the storyline away but worth a watch.

Glad you enjoyed it but really surprised by that review. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if every other scene wasn't a 5 minute long monologue whilst someone just sits opposite and nods along. Maybe one or two really good ones in a season but not 10 an episode. Felt so unnatural. 

Spoiler

One of the last scenes had me in stitches. Where almost the whole town just stood about happily singing hymns to each other whilst the sun came up with them bursting into flames and dying. Who would react that way?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Finished Squid Game yesterday and really enjoyed it. if anyone hasn't had the chance to see it (although appreciate most probably already have!) then would strongly recommend.

One of the best things I've watched this year without a doubt.

Just finished too, very well done, imaginative, some great performances, the makers didn't waste a minute, superbly done 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Just coming to the end of Good Girls on netflix. Not saying its good but its entertaining 

If only for Hendricks' chest.

• Like 2

Squid game might be the gateway into so many foreign gems for those that hate subtitles, I've recommended so much stuff over the years to friends and family and all I ever got was, no chance, don't do subtitles.

A family member has now recommended squid game to me🤣 with instructions to just turn the sound off all together and read the subtitles, cool I said, try the the bridge, TGWTDT etc, ok will do they said. Amazing, social media frenzy may convert millions and I'm sort of jealous at some of the stuff they are going to discover, funny old world.

Edit. Ps, got one mate in his early 30s who ha ls never seen or will ever see a black and white film, idiot.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

Â