Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Seinfeld, never seen but always fancied as the clips I've seen of Cosmo are right up my street but I really find Jerry completely unfunny. It's up on Netflix now so will give it a bash, found ep1 unfunny apart from Cosmo wanting some meat to put on his bread.

Is there any hope for me, crack on or dump it?

I tried a couple of episodes and didn't laugh once. Just not for me by the looks of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Seinfeld, never seen but always fancied as the clips I've seen of Cosmo are right up my street but I really find Jerry completely unfunny. It's up on Netflix now so will give it a bash, found ep1 unfunny apart from Cosmo wanting some meat to put on his bread.

Loved it in the 90s but it's not for me now. If that is because I have seen it or my taste have changed Im unsure about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I tried a couple of episodes and didn't laugh once. Just not for me by the looks of it.

Like a lot of comedies it takes a series or two for the characters to find their groove. Even the second series is miles different from the first.

I honestly think it's genius. Obviously some of it has dated a little bit given it's 30 years old, and there are some episodes that just wouldn't happen today, but it's still brilliant.

Season 4 and 5 are just incredible.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

You don't have to watch it in order as there is very little that relies on other episodes. There are some gems in the first series and well worth watching but don't write it off. The characters need to bed in, you might like Kramer initially but all the leads bring something. Personally I would persist but to see if you will find it as it progresses try an episode from Season 2, any but not really The Chinese Restaurant as that's a bottle episode. If it doesn't get you, maybe ditch it as it's a long haul. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You don't have to watch it in order as there is very little that relies on other episodes. There are some gems in the first series and well worth watching but don't write it off. The characters need to bed in, you might like Kramer initially but all the leads bring something. Personally I would persist but to see if you will find it as it progresses try an episode from Season 2, any but not really The Chinese Restaurant as that's a bottle episode. If it doesn't get you, maybe ditch it as it's a long haul. 

Hope I get it, once you've got everyone's schtick things normally get better but after 2 episodes it's like watching paint dry. It's easily accessible on Netflix and the episodes are short so will stick it on in and hope. JLF is cute, Richards is naturally funny but damnit I just don't get Jerry, he's like a poor man's Felix Ungar, or Woody Allen-ish. 

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hope I get it, once you've got everyone's schtick things normally get better but after 2 episodes it's like watching paint dry. It's easily accessible on Netflix and the episodes are short so will stick it on in and hope. JLF is cute, Richards is naturally funny but damnit I just don't get Jerry, he's like a poor man's Felix Ungar, or Woody Allen-ish. 

Understood, not sure how to explain Jerry as the show progresses, he is the link in the relationship. He is very subtle but integral. I think he becomes his own man over time. George is arguably the star as he is Larry David, but that's not to say the rest of the cast is weak. Keep in mind they are despicable. This isn't a touchy feely comedy. No hugs, no lessons learned. 

• Like 3

Never warned to Seinfeld either, not back in the day, not when it ran on endless replays on Swedish telly and not now. It has it's moments but even then it's not really funny.

But in it's day I'm sure it was if not groundbreaking then at least something fresh. Terribly dated now thou and the stand-up bit is a bit comical in the wrong way.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Understood, not sure how to explain Jerry as the show progresses, he is the link in the relationship. He is very subtle but integral. I think he becomes his own man over time. George is arguably the star as he is Larry David, but that's not to say the rest of the cast is weak. Keep in mind they are despicable. This isn't a touchy feely comedy. No hugs, no lessons learned. 

I've gone in wanting to like it so will persevere. I still haven't watched curb and I've got it my head that I need to watch Jerry first for some reason, anywho thanks for the input.

• Like 2

Proper trailer out for Cowboy Bebop

Doesn't look bad, at the very least it appears to have enough about it to far superior in quality to previous English language anime to live action adaptations (I make the distinction because there are some decent Japanese adaptations out there). 

It's been a while since I watch it, but good to see Ein represented faithfully, very curious to see what they do with Ed. 

• Like 2

On 21/10/2021 at 18:01, Chindie said:

Episode 6 of Squid Game is a bit heavy. Ooft.

Some big oof moments in that episode. Getting you to care about the characters is a real strength of the show. 

Spoiler

You even care about Ji-Yeong and watching her and Sae-byeuk open up to each other for what would be the first and last time for both knowing one of them had to die.... man that got me 

• Like 4

Amazon really ramping up the promotion now 1 month to go.

Really hope the suggested changes to the story are just the show-runners messing with the fans because if not then they've altered the whole world building and the mythos it's built upon.

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Proper trailer out for Cowboy Bebop

Doesn't look bad, at the very least it appears to have enough about it to far superior in quality to previous English language anime to live action adaptations (I make the distinction because there are some decent Japanese adaptations out there). 

It's been a while since I watch it, but good to see Ein represented faithfully, very curious to see what they do with Ed. 

Jazz in space! What's not to like?

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Amazon really ramping up the promotion now 1 month to go.

Really hope the suggested changes to the story are just the show-runners messing with the fans because if not then they've altered the whole world building and the mythos it's built upon.

Because Bezos is such a douche I really hope it's awful and flops.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Because Bezos is such a douche I really hope it's awful and flops.

He probably won't even notice if it does. And anyway he has the LoTR series coming next year so he'll get his GOT then if this flops.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2021 at 09:01, Phil Silvers said:

Stick with it and ignore the stand up bits which have no place.

4 self centered people who get into some mad situations, frequently of their own making. Jerry basically can't act but he gets away with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â