Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Death to 2020 is a bit disappointing.

It's literally a weak episode of Broker's old Screenwipe year reviews with a budget and big names and heavy focus on America. 

It's really really weird hearing clastic -wipe style Brooker lines being read by Laurence Fishburne, whose delivery doesn't have Brookers dry sarcastic cutting edge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

It's literally a weak episode of Broker's old Screenwipe year reviews with a budget and big names and heavy focus on America. 

It's really really weird hearing clastic -wipe style Brooker lines being read by Laurence Fishburne, whose delivery doesn't have Brookers dry sarcastic cutting edge.

Yeah I was expecting a wipe but it's just not quite there. It's still OK but not as good.

5 minutes ago, MCU said:

Tempted to start The Crown. Overhyped crap or worth a watch? 

I love it. I love the large budget attention to detail. You don't have to like the royals to like it.

• Like 2

I started the Expanse. I really, really like almost all of it, except for Shohreh Aghdashloo. She has the most irritating voice in the world, and an awful, wooden monotonous way of delivering every line. I looked it up, hoping she'd be killed off, but she's a main character throughout. Unfortunately, I'm out, I can't watch another 3 seasons of her ruining every scene she's in.

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I started the Expanse. I really, really like almost all of it, except for Shohreh Aghdashloo. She has the most irritating voice in the world, and an awful, wooden monotonous way of delivering every line. I looked it up, hoping she'd be killed off, but she's a main character throughout. Unfortunately, I'm out, I can't watch another 3 seasons of her ruining every scene she's in.

Not sure if read a lot of sci-fi, but the books are WAY better anyway.

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Absolutely agree on her, god awful in every scene.

I've soldiered through to the season currently running but I just don't get what people like about the show. The world building doesn't really work for me and so then nothing works. The acting is also a bit shit but as I've not read the books maybe they are spot on. But since the story isn't really interesting I'm not sure why I keep watching...

People seem to love it thou.

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

Agreed. I thought it was decent, nothing more. There were some funny lines here and there, but the gags were generally hit and miss. 

Diane Morgan’s ‘average citizen’ character was particularly disappointing. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

I thought Death to 2020 was too safe and PC for my liking. Still made me laugh a fair bit though but the anti viral wipe thing he did earlier in the year was far better imo

Presume it was made as much for the US market as the UK. Would probably have to dial it back a bit as a result. 

• Like 2

Watched the first two episodes of Ratched last night. It’s set as the prequel to One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Next, it’s a very stylish and slightly disturbing story about a perfect nurse with sinister undertones, who joins a mental institute. Might watch the rest tomorrow but it’s been interesting so far. 

58 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Watched the first two episodes of Ratched last night. It’s set as the prequel to One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Next, it’s a very stylish and slightly disturbing story about a perfect nurse with sinister undertones, who joins a mental institute. Might watch the rest tomorrow but it’s been interesting so far. 

I quite liked this as it was pretty kooky throughout and the main protagonist, really isn't a heroic/likeable type.

• Like 1

Â