Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

22 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Watched a couple of episodes of We Are The Champions, last night. The frog jumping one was quite interesting, to see how serious they take it. It was particularly funny to see the bloke that’s been frog jockeying for 39 years and never won, beaten by a novice kid. 

I watched the world champion chilli eating contest too. I love chillis but I don’t think I could eat those hybrid Carolina reapers like they did. Although feeling inspired today, I did eat a couple of birds eye chillis and a habanero. Just to see what it was like. Yes, I’ve been bored today. 

I once ate a whole ghost chilli, no chance am I doing a whole reaper.  Got some very good Carolina Reaper hot sauce through.  Small doses recommended. 

• Like 1

On 02/12/2020 at 22:29, villa4europe said:

Watched the holiday movies that made us, shame they didn't do more, would love a muppets one

Elf episode is better than the NBC one but that's probably because I prefer elf

Wouldn't say either episode is great tbh

I watched the Talking Pictures Christmas Classics special on BBC today, and thought it was far better. Many more movies covered in only 45 minutes allowed it to feel much more comprehensive, and less self indulgent.

Watching the following:- 

Queens Gambit pt 3,  really enjoying it.  The main actress is really good. 8/10 so far.  Shame there is not that much chess stuff in it (Tactics etc)

NOS4R2 (Series 2.pt 7).  Pretty good and fun series.  Nothing to serious but I like it.  7/10 so far.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Treated myself to two episodes of Parks and Recreation last night. Only got 3 of the final season left now and I’m still not prepared for it to end 

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

I finished the last season a few weeks ago.

I'd deliberately taken my time as I loved it so much (damn even the theme tune cheers me up) - not gonna lie, the last couple really got me in the feels.

• Sad 1

I am re-watching the Royale family.

It's only 2nd or 3rd time round that I have realised the pure genius of this Show.

I knew it was good but I properly watches it this time.  It is absolutely perfect.  

Cast / Set / even the layout of the chairs in the living room is bang on.  The chair close to the door is closer to the TV but is cold becasue its by the door / window + if you sit there you always have to answer the door.

I have been in 100's of houses with the almost the exact layout,  even if you had a budget of 1 billion pounds you could not improve on it.

My Dutch Mrs thinks its funny as well.  I can't believe she is gone as well (CA) but what a legacy.

• Like 3

On 07/12/2020 at 09:07, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Queens Gambit pt 3,  really enjoying it.  The main actress is really good. 8/10 so far.  Shame there is not that much chess stuff in it (Tactics etc)

Fantastic series!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ender4 said:

Just started Dark (Netflix).   First 2 episodes setting it up nicely.

Waiting for you to come back in this thread like...

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I am re-watching the Royale family.

It's only 2nd or 3rd time round that I have realised the pure genius of this Show.

I knew it was good but I properly watches it this time.  It is absolutely perfect.  

Cast / Set / even the layout of the chairs in the living room is bang on.  The chair close to the door is closer to the TV but is cold becasue its by the door / window + if you sit there you always have to answer the door.

I have been in 100's of houses with the almost the exact layout,  even if you had a budget of 1 billion pounds you could not improve on it.

My Dutch Mrs thinks its funny as well.  I can't believe she is gone as well (CA) but what a legacy.

Nana nails it for me, we all have had or know a Nana like her, just perfect 

• Like 1

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Agreed,  stole scenes for fun from the others but what a cast overall though,  genius.

You had your tea yet ? 

What did you have? ................Ohhhh

🤣

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Agreed,  stole scenes for fun from the others but what a cast overall though,  genius.

You had your tea yet ? 

My all time favourite was after her eye op by 'Michael Crawford' you know like, Ohh Betty..... What that thing with a man and a chicken, Oh I like that which ends with Jim telling Dave in a huff to grab his coat and go down the pub 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

On 06/12/2020 at 10:46, wazzap24 said:

Strong first episode of Raised By Wolves. 

Could be decent this I reckon. 

As they are all there I watched the whole series......it's easy to say it's utter tripe but I would say they could have done so many different things with the story and eventually chose this one is bizzare. The last 20 minutes is total crap which just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

My new pleasure is " Bosch ". I think Titus Welliver is a great actor and perfect for the character of Harry Bosch. I'm totally addicted and already on season 4 after 3 weeks.

There's an honesty to it that you don't always find with cop shows. And the eponymous, Bosch is certainly one interesting detective. He's dedicated  but without ambition and doesn't adhere to the usual stereotypes. I firmly recommend this show if you like that genre. 

Incidentally, Titus welliver does the best Al Pacino impersonation ever. You Tube if anyone's curious, trust me, its hilarious. 

• Like 3

Â