Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

21 hours ago, Chindie said:

The first series is one of the best things Netflix did with the Marvel licence. I never got round to the second series, beyond a couple of episodes. Need to get back to it.

That first series though, is a corker.

The second series is definitely worth it.  I think the transition from the first is pretty seamless.

12 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Last night I watched the first two episodes of Lovecraft Country.  I came away pretty impressed with it and will definitely will be continuing to watch.

A really good show with a great concept, executed well.

• Like 2

IMDB Your Honor

Bryan Cranston stars as a judge confronting his convictions when his son is involved in a hit and run that embroils an organized crime family. He faces impossible choices and discovers how far a father will go to save his son's life.

Three very good episodes so far, griping and the best of Cranston since Breaking Bad. Also the dude who played Clay in the wire is on top form here too.

Can't wait to see how it pans out.

• Like 1

That sounds like it's definitely worth a watch. Yet a new highly reviewed TV show from a major network has no legal way to be viewed in the UK. Is is 2005 again? I'd happily pay to watch that if they let me. Oh well.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That sounds like it's definitely worth a watch. Yet a new highly reviewed TV show from a major network has no legal way to be viewed in the UK. Is is 2005 again? I'd happily pay to watch that if they let me. Oh well.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me. 

Its great so far, found it by accident whilst sailing the high sea, its from HBO so I'm guessing it will show up on sky one at some point. 

37 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Its great so far, found it by accident whilst sailing the high sea, its from HBO so I'm guessing it will show up on sky one at some point. 

Thanks for the heads up. I remember Cranston posting a trailer on Twitter a while back but I'd forgotten all about it. Click, click, first 3 episodes waiting to be watched.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2020 at 14:58, Bizzzle said:

Watched the 1st episode of something called Solar Opposites last night which is a new cartoon by Justin Roiland one of the guys that does Rick and Morty. It was pretty good tbf it felt a lot like Rick and Morty but one of the characters sounds almost exactly like Rick which was kinda distracting. If you like Rick and Morty there is a good chance you will like this too

Binged this last week, enjoyed it.  A thinly-veiled Rick & Morty spin-off for sure, but entertaining enough and there's certainly enough space in the ~2 years between each R&M season to avoid fatigue.

Started Mythic Quest this week, reading back seems like it gotten a bit of a kicking but again I quite liked it, at least enough to keep me interested throughout.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Binged this last week, enjoyed it.  A thinly-veiled Rick & Morty spin-off for sure, but entertaining enough and there's certainly enough space in the ~2 years between each R&M season to avoid fatigue.

Started Mythic Quest this week, reading back seems like it gotten a bit of a kicking but again I quite liked it, at least enough to keep me interested throughout.

I actually preferred the sub plot about the shrunken people to the main story in Solar Opposites so I hope there is more of that in season 2

41 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Just finished Season 1 of The Boys and it’s great but can I just ask, is Karl Urban actually meant to be British in it?

Yes

Been discussed before, I think it's a purposeful piss take, that's why he's laid it on so thick, it's not just the accent that's over the top it's his script too

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yes

Been discussed before, I think it's a purposeful piss take, that's why he's laid it on so thick, it's not just the accent that's over the top it's his script too

He just sounds like he's talking full Kiwi to me 90% of the time, with the odd cockney sentence thrown in.

Watching marcella and its pretty good, I like the way it expands the cast and then tightens them in to the central story later on, the murders are interesting too

What I don't like are the blackouts, they do nothing for me, what I really don't like is that it has a big cast and multiple story threads but then everything is conveniently close to her, it's too close to her for it to be plausible 

Â