The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

51 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Not a film as such but I know there are a few studio Giubileo fans in here 

on my way home from seeing My  neighbour Totoro on stage at the Barbicsn

really well done , well acted and with some good humour if you can see it then you won’t be disappointed 

157CA32B-DBDC-4E7D-8CDF-04A3B4026E9E.jpeg

Well jel.

21 minutes ago, useless said:

fnu16ggmmzd71.jpg?width=1334&format=pjpg

A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Steven Spielberg) - Great film, really enjoyed it.

Turn it off 30 minutes before the end, and it's one of the best films ever made. The ending actually made me angry in the cinema.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Ari Aster (Hereditary, Midsommar) new movie out next year

I don't understand this - is it a fan thing or something? Most of the images seem to be from Lynne Ramsey's excellent "You were never really here".

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't understand this - is it a fan thing or something? Most of the images seem to be from Lynne Ramsey's excellent "You were never really here".

Yep, it's fake as a big fake thing that's fake.

• Like 1

Danny Dyer plays a special forces operative, who returns to London to find his parents have been set on fire with petrol by a local gang of hudlums after his cabbie father (the leader of the Chelsea firm from the football factory) inadvertently gets involved in their ‘business’ this makes Danny quite angry and he sets about , well you know REVENGE. Some ingenious kills are dished out. Think low-budget mockney Death Wish you fackin muggy caaaaaant

image.thumb.jpeg.d08764afdc58fb32036de095220f624d.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Danny Dyer plays a special forces operative, who returns to London to find his parents have been set on fire with petrol by a local gang of hudlums after his cabbie father (the leader of the Chelsea firm from the football factory) inadvertently gets involved in their ‘business’ this makes Danny quite angry and he sets about , well you know REVENGE. Some ingenious kills are dished out. Think low-budget mockney Death Wish you fackin muggy caaaaaant

Modern classic. Should be in the Sight & Sound poll. Never mind French new wave cinema from Godard or Truffaut, what we all want to see is Dyer at his cockney best, dishing out well deserved beatings and torture to 'orrible chavvy melts. 

11/10. WB

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

Modern classic. Should be in the Sight & Sound poll. Never mind French new wave cinema from Godard or Truffaut, what we all want to see is Dyer at his cockney best, dishing out well deserved beatings and torture to 'orrible chavvy melts. 

11/10. WB

I am amazed there has not been a sequel as yet. A British Rambo for the ages

• Like 1

On 06/12/2022 at 19:34, Designer1 said:

Tonight's yuletide treat...

spacer.png

Cracking little festive comedy horror.

watched this tonight. utterly bonkers but still really needed to see it through to see how it panned out

and also really want them to make a sequel...plenty of avenues in which they could've gone down

• Like 1

I do love a good Norwegian WW2 resistance story.

Hopefully this one is in the same ballpark as the excellent The Heavy Water War: Stopping Hitler's Atomic Bomb (or The Saboteurs as it might also be named) series from a few years back.

The Heavy Water War: Stopping Hitler's Atomic Bomb (TV Mini Series 2015) -  IMDb

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

In All Quiet On The Western Front, the guy who plays the politician who pleads with the French generals for a ceasefire, the actor looks very familiar, can anyone tell me who he is and what else he was in?

Daniel Bruhl? He's Baron Zemo in some Marvel things and he's also in The Alienist 

Â