The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

28 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Knives Out is pretty universally liked, so safe to say you've a minority view on it.

Wouldn't be the first time. I liked the premise, but even as a pastiche, the execution was piss poor. Craig in particular was risible. 

On 05/01/2023 at 14:59, CarryOnVilla said:

After locking myself out and had a few hours to kill waiting for CarryOnWife to get home. I went and saw Aftersun at my local screen. Went in fully blind knowing FA.. what an experience, I was in tears (not because I locked myself out) no film has ever done that to me ever. Brilliantly slow, brilliantly preformed, the music was spot on. All leads to the final like an emotional sledgehammer. If this isn’t in the Oscar’s mix, I be truly saddened 

I watched this the other day and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. The under pressure scene is a work of art. 

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Talking of Daniel Craig … few rumours doing the rounds that Aaron Taylor-Johnson is the next Bond 

Interesting as he's fairly young for a Bond. Quite like him and he has several action films in his portfolio already.

Thought he was great in the recent Bullet Train

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Interesting as he's fairly young for a Bond. Quite like him and he has several action films in his portfolio already.

Thought he was great in the recent Bullet Train

He's 32 so not that young if they go for (yet another) reboot. Would mean he could play the character for 10-15 years whilst still looking relatively young.

A quick Google also says Connery was 31 and Lazenby was only 29. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone seen M3Gan yet?

Not yet, definitely be going to see it though as I generally love Wans stuff and this looks bonkers! 

Reviews have been excellent too.

• Like 1

Â