The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just watched the midnight meat train. How the hell have i not heard of this vinnie jones movie?

Bloody good horror flick

It's a bit of a hidden gem that movie. Early Bradley Cooper pretty good as well.

On 27/11/2022 at 08:02, Seat68 said:

I started watching Clerks III this morning and turned it off after 15 minutes. It might get better but not sure if Kevin Smith still has it based on the opening 15. 

i thought it was painfully cringy for the first while but I think it improves as it goes along and you see what he is trying to do. It is very meta but theres a bit of heart in there too and it closes the door on the franchise nicely

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

i thought it was painfully cringy for the first while but I think it improves as it goes along and you see what he is trying to do. It is very meta but theres a bit of heart in there too and it closes the door on the franchise nicely

It’s not been deleted from my current watching so I will return to it. 

5 hours ago, useless said:

Metropolitan-1-1024x608.jpg

Metropolitan (Whit Stillman) - Enjoyed it, had the feel of an older movie but also had a classic 90s look and feel to it as well.

I saw that when it first came out in 90 or 91 and liked it a lot.  I’ve watched it at least once since then.   It’s not for everyone, as it’s mostly dialogue.   If you liked this you should watch his next 2 films, Barcelona and Last Days of Disco.   Both have some of the same actors.   Last Days has a young Kate Beckinsale in it.

• Thanks 1

On 27/11/2022 at 08:02, Seat68 said:

I started watching Clerks III this morning and turned it off after 15 minutes. It might get better but not sure if Kevin Smith still has it based on the opening 15. 

i can't remember the opening 15 mins but i thought it was fine. i'd give it another go

• Like 1

Also watched two 2022 films, Triangle of Sadness which to begin with reminded me a little of season one of White Lotus but I got a little bored with it half way through, a lot of people raving about it though and Incredible but True, which I enjoyed, watching it I thought it reminded me of Deerskin and then realized it's from the same director.

On 29/11/2022 at 23:30, Chindie said:

Chris Pratt is hopelessly badly cast but the rest of it is fine. It's a bit generic modern animated movie if you feel less generous to it.

I think this looks fantastic.  I know its a kids film but ill go watch it as im a massive mario brothers fan.

I think this is going to be epic

Â