The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

3 this weekend:

Confess, Fletch - okay, couple of twists

Smile - half an hour too long but not a bad horror

Sprited - Christmas Carol variation with Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell. Quite enjoyed it and kids loved it

On 29/05/2022 at 16:41, Mark Albrighton said:

No idea what the plot is. But the villains have to be the nazis. It goes wrong when it’s not them.

So as it’s after the war, get him over to South America because there’s some artefact to do with the Incas. The nazis hiding out nearby also want it to bring about the next reich or something (Indi wants it because IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!!).

No fridges, no aliens, no Shia and it could work.

Now that Hollywood has FINALLY started to listen to me, I feel that this fifth instalment would benefit from a romantic subplot (featuring explicit sex scenes) involving a character played by Lily James and another character, played by a total newcomer to the acting world.

Called Mark.

Who lives in Albrighton.

LucasFilms, over to you.

• Haha 2

MV5BMzJhNjYxZTktZTFhNy00M2MxLTlhNDItNDBm

Noroît (Jacques Rivette) - Liked it, even I did struggle to follow what was going on at times, Bernadette Lafont and Geraldine Chaplin were both especially good.

nobody-knows-1.png

Nobdoy Knows (Hirokazu Koreeda) - Good film, with some great performances.

Edited by useless

On 21/11/2022 at 07:29, villa4europe said:

Of only George Lucas and Steven Spielberg were men who "would like to correct some of the mistakes of the past"

Hopefully mangold gets full control  but Lucas and Kaufman writing it doesn't give me any confidence

Question is, will Indy 5 be like Top Gun: Maverick or will it be like everything Disney puts out these days where we need to replace him with a new female Indy who's better than him in every way. 

On 20/11/2022 at 16:00, Designer1 said:

Just back from watching this:

spacer.png

A brilliant slice of darkly comic drama.

Really enjoyed it :thumb:

Went last weekend too. Not a big movie guy but really liked it. wife hated it

• Like 1

Just back from watching this...

spacer.png

Essentially a blood soaked romantic road movie with a terrific trio of performances from Chalamet, Russell and Rylance (creepily unsettling).

Very good indeed and another solid addition to my 2022 Best Of list.

• Like 1

On 20/11/2022 at 19:49, Mark Albrighton said:

Now that Hollywood has FINALLY started to listen to me, I feel that this fifth instalment would benefit from a romantic subplot (featuring explicit sex scenes) involving a character played by Lily James and another character, played by a total newcomer to the acting world.

Called Mark.

Who lives in Albrighton.

LucasFilms, over to you.

In fairness, weren't  there also Nazis in the stupid glass head one?

16 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

In fairness, weren't  there also Nazis in the stupid glass head one?

I’ve done what I can to forget the details of the fourth one, but I believe the villains in that one were the Russians (if you can imagine such a thing).

I'm pretty sure I've recommended this one on here before, but after just rewatching it I think I'll mention it again.

Superb early performances from Hardy and Cumberbatch (Hardy is incredible and was BAFTA nominated) about the moving true story of Stuart Shorter. If you get a chance, check it out.

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 24/11/2022 at 21:52, Mark Albrighton said:

I’ve done what I can to forget the details of the fourth one, but I believe the villains in that one were the Russians (if you can imagine such a thing).

Ah yes. It wouldn't have been as bad if the script didn't sound like it was written by infants.

Â