The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I think it could be The Undefeated. 

Stars John Wayne and Rock Hudson and contains some/most of the elements you describe plus there is a firing squad scene 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Top man! The Undefeated it is! It was the corrupt Mexican military I confused with  Rock Hudson's men. Oh and yes, I also confused the hijacking of the herd/wagon at the river at the start of Sons of Katie Elder with it. Cheers chap :thumb:

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Top man! The Undefeated it is! It was the corrupt Mexican military I confused with  Rock Hudson's men. Oh and yes, I also confused the hijacking of the herd/wagon at the river at the start of Sons of Katie Elder with it. Cheers chap :thumb:

No problem chief! I like to flex my google detective skills every now and again :D

Finally got around to watching Boy last night. Absolutely fantastic. Every bit as good as What We Do In the Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople. That Waititi fella is a bit special isn't he?

• Like 4

Predestination.

Not bad at all. Ethan Hawke is really good, so is Sarah Snook 

Spoiler

usually have trouble with time travel films but I think they did OK here. As always it does get a bit confusing but from time to time. Yes there are logic holes, but not enough to ruin the film IMO

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sne said:

Predestination.

Not bad at all. Ethan Hawke is really good, so is Sarah Snook 

Hide contents

usually have trouble with time travel films but I think they did OK here. As always it does get a bit confusing but from time to time. Yes there are logic holes, but not enough to ruin the film IMO

Very good film. The only question is at what point in the film did you think hang on a second, does that mean that...........

Ridley Scott is going to be re-shooting all scenes with Kevin Spacey in for his new film All the money in the world, hes been replaced by Christopher Plummer. Still aiming to release in December. 

Dont think we will see Spacey in anything every again. 

The film looks likes its Oscar bait, as it isnt an Alien film it will probably be quite good.

22 hours ago, Nicho said:

Ridley Scott is going to be re-shooting all scenes with Kevin Spacey in for his new film All the money in the world, hes been replaced by Christopher Plummer. Still aiming to release in December. 

Dont think we will see Spacey in anything every again. 

The film looks likes its Oscar bait, as it isnt an Alien film it will probably be quite good.

I would be shocked if that film is not a mess

Â