The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

First Justice League impressions have come out. 

They're mixed. Most agree it's fun, but also massively flawed. Main plus points seem to be some good action and the Flash and Aquaman being fun, and most of the main cast performing well. Downsides, a crap villain, rough as **** CGI, Cyborg is supposedly a bit crap (there's a shocker!) and it's got pace issues.

Not quite the disaster fear but hardly a ringing endorsement either.

Really enjoyed Split and thought McAvoy did a great job playing multiple characters.

Spoiler

Also liked the introduction of Bruce Willis’ character from Unbreakable at the end, clearly linking the 2 films and lining up a merging sequel. Will look forward to that! 

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Really enjoyed Split and thought McAvoy did a great job playing multiple characters.

Hide contents

Also liked the introduction of Bruce Willis’ character from Unbreakable at the end, clearly linking the 2 films and lining up a merging sequel. Will look forward to that! 

Spoiler

I had never seen unbreakable but really enjoyed Split so watched it straight afterwards. Can't believe I had never seen it. Such a great way to explore the superhero genre.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 23:03, theboyangel said:

Hide contents

Watched this yesterday, and thought it was good to see M. Night Shyamamalamalalan making a comeback.

James McEvoy is absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

Breathe. Bit overwrought at times and I'm curious how close to reality it is but otherwise a lovely film with good performances all round. In terms of a central relationship where one member has a serious disability I think The Theory of Everything executes it better mind.

Justice League reviews are out, and they're not great. The best day its ok but very flawed, the worst slate it.

Main issues seem to be rubbish plot, hopeless villain (shock horror), some weak action, very obvious 'seams' between the Snyder and Whedon stuff, bad pacing (it's 2 hours long and everything is like it's on fast forward seemingly) and crap CGI (brilliantly including bad covering up on Henry Cavill's moustache on the reshoots). Plus points are the cast are good, particularly Miller who many say steals the movie as the Flash and it has some fun moments.

So yeah... Kinda as expected really. It was always going to be a mess, Steppenwolf was always a bad villain, the CGI looked crap from the get go...

Oh and Ben Affleck seems to be calling it a day.

Saw Thor last night

we’ve gone from Branagh's original version to let’s just remake Guardians of the galaxy but with a South African instead in 3 movies

still it entertained and made me chuckle at times and it wasn’t the worse Marvel film I’ve ever seen , but it is all looking a little samey and tired now

be nice if they could just wrap them all up and call them a day and we can move onto to saturating another market ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Saw Thor last night

we’ve gone from Branagh's original version to let’s just remake Guardians of the galaxy but with a South African instead in 3 movies

still it entertained and made me chuckle at times and it wasn’t the worse Marvel film I’ve ever seen , but it is all looking a little samey and tired now

be nice if they could just wrap them all up and call them a day and we can move onto to saturating another market ....

Agreed, as a massive fan of the comic book world I was massively excited when the films started coming out, in my opinion they should have left it at the first Avengers film, the magic has worn off them now.

Yeah they are still ok and as you say they bring the odd chuckle and 2 hours of mindless entertainment but they are all feeling really tired now.

Then again, we are not the target market are we, the kids love them whilst we sit around and whinge about how much better these superheroes were back in our day.

Having said that I am going to see Thor on Monday :ph34r:

Jupiter Ass Ending (beginning and middle).

2 hours I'm never getting back. Let all involved in the creation of this flaming bag of man spiff be anally violated by burning pokers and fire ants for the rest of their days.

Â