The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

watched the new Netflix release, Mudbound . Some fine acting ,with a surprise strong performance by Mary J Blige ,I didn't even realise it her untill the credits started rolling. 

It's about two world war 2 heroes ,one white ,the other black ,who come home to a racist ridden ,Mississippi, and their struggle to reintegrate there . At times its difficult to watch, nonetheless, the message it conveys hits home .

Remember Mike from Breaking bad ? He plays one of the most despicable characters you could imagine. 

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching What We Do In The Shadows after plenty of recommendations in here.  Well that was mental.  Good fun once you adjust to it.  Considering I went in with not a single clue what it was about.  The trivia about how it was made makes it an even more interesting exercise afterwards.

7.5/10 WB

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BOF said:

Finally got around to watching What We Do In The Shadows after plenty of recommendations in here.  Well that was mental.  Good fun once you adjust to it.  Considering I went in with not a single clue what it was about.  The trivia about how it was made makes it an even more interesting exercise afterwards.

7.5/10 WB

I think you've accidentally put 7.5 when you meant 10

Now to look for what you mean about the making.

Enjoyed watching Man on the Moon for the first time in years, the other day. It's currently available on iPlayer. Very much looking forward to watching Jim and Andy now, to see how Jim Carrey went mental making it.

47 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Enjoyed watching Man on the Moon for the first time in years, the other day. It's currently available on iPlayer. Very much looking forward to watching Jim and Andy now, to see how Jim Carrey went mental making it.

Jim & Andy was amazing. I didn't know about any of that.

1 hour ago, Meath_Villan said:

Wow ..... Hollywood you have outdone yourself with a steaming turd of a movie Geostorm ........ **** me .... -5/10

It was absolute trash. I cant think of 1 redeeming actor in it and the effects were dreadful

though I will admit I left about 20 minutes before the end so maybe I missed a great ending :D 

2 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Wow ..... Hollywood you have outdone yourself with a steaming turd of a movie Geostorm ........ **** me .... -5/10

Double WOW, this is the first post I have actually noticed (although I know you are a frequent poster etc.) that didn’t mention Rachel Riley

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/11/2017 at 15:17, dAVe80 said:

Re-watched Man on the Moon yesterday (love that film).

Then watched Jim and Andy today.

I found the stuff about the making of MotM fascinating.

I'm gonna spoiler this even though it's a doc

Spoiler

The way Carrey method acted Andy and Tony was amazing. But it was made even more bizarre by Andy obviously being a real person. So there are times in the doc where he is meeting Andy's real family and friends, but staying in character as Andy. It's really strange.

Plus the stuff with Lawler is crazy. I bet he hates Jim Carrey :crylaugh: 

I didn't really enjoy the parts about Carrey and his career though. Kinda dull.

• Like 1

Watched Paul Verhoeven's RoboCop for the first time since the early 90's.

Only remembered certain lines and scenes, and of course the music.

The scene when ED-209 falls down the stairs is hilarious. And overall it's pretty much a dark satire/dystopian future story.

Funniest thing is how even in this bleak future they managed to portray Detroit as a peaceful paradise compared to how it is in reality now :D

Bildresultat för ed 209 stairs gif

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

Saw Paddington 2 today with my daughter and her friend 

it might actually be the best film I’ve seen this year ... it’s fun , it’s charming , it’s like a who's Who of talent ... Well ok there are better films but if you don’t have kids go out and borrow someone’s so you can go see it 

13 hours ago, sne said:

The scene when ED-209 falls down the stairs is hilarious. And overall it's pretty much a dark satire/dystopian future story.

Funniest thing is how even in this bleak future they managed to portray Detroit as a peaceful paradise compared to how it is in reality now :D

Also manages to be 10 times better than the horrible remake which manages to leave out pretty much everything that made the original good.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sne said:

Love that film.

Some Infinity War footage has leaked. Nothing much, and some of it is unfinished, but is out there.

Scenes are

Spoiler

A very short one showing a fight with Proxima Midnight (shots of which came out about a month ago), a very short scene of Scarlet Witch and a long one featuring the Guardians of the Galaxy sneaking up on the Collector as he is interrogated by Thanos over the location of the Aether, which ends with Drax choosing to use that moment to take revenge on the Mad Titan.

Certainly the longer one, even completely unfinished, looks good.

Â