The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

2 is up there with one of the shittest horror films I've ever seen.

It was dreadful. 

Watch 5 its even worse! I wouldnt go as far ad to say its one of the shittest (urban legends 2 takes that prize for me) and tge remake of IT is bloody dreadful.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Not sure if you are being serious or not? The original was far better than that garbage!

Wow. Complete opposite for me. Really enjoyed the remake but thought the original was pretty average. 

Dont get me wrong I dont think it was remotely scary and am coming from a place of ignorance as ive never read the book. But as a film I thought it was great fun  

11 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Wow. Complete opposite for me. Really enjoyed the remake but thought the original was pretty average. 

Dont get me wrong I dont think it was remotely scary and am coming from a place of ignorance as ive never read the book. But as a film I thought it was great fun  

The remake was more of a comedy for me. The computer effects for the georgie scene are so dreadful and so fake looking. The clown also looks so unscarey. Just thought it was so lame.

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The remake was more of a comedy for me. The computer effects for the georgie scene are so dreadful and so fake looking. The clown also looks so unscarey. Just thought it was so lame.

I think it is a bit of a comedy/ horror/ coming of age drama hybrid to be honest.

I dont think that they can make it a straightforward horror to be honest because the core concept of an intergalactic killer clown is so ridiculous 

25 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I think it is a bit of a comedy/ horror/ coming of age drama hybrid to be honest.

I dont think that they can make it a straightforward horror to be honest because the core concept of an intergalactic killer clown is so ridiculous 

The thing is you could say that about a lot of horror films, like wrong turn deformed people eating and killing humans. also saw very far fetched

They could have made it a lot more creepier. the comedy aspect of it ruined it for me. Should have been a lot darker

9 hours ago, Rodders said:

What We Do In the Shadows - on iplayer atm - very funny NZ mockumentary about the undead. Sought it out after seeing Thor, directed by the same guy. Now to find Hunt for the Wilderpeople which I assume is still in Netflix

I'm still to watch Boy which is also meant to be great

I heard this morning that the live action remake of The Lion King is going to have Beyoncé as Nala. I think that is an awful casting, Nala is cub and then "teenager" in the cartoon. Surely they could have casted a younger actress to play the role?

Well, there is a different VA for the younger version of Nala. Beyonce is Nala from when Simba accidentally bumps into her, and then he utterly ruins it. 

Looking at the casting, I can't think how they could of done much better, in regards to star power, and quality of performance/voice, lest we forget if is a Disney flick. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I heard this morning that the live action remake of The Lion King is going to have Beyoncé as Nala. I think that is an awful casting, Nala is cub and then "teenager" in the cartoon. Surely they could have casted a younger actress to play the role?

Nala is a grown up in the cartoon as well isn't she? When Simba comes back to the pride towards the end of the film?

I assume that's what Beyonce has been cast as.

(In fact a quick google tells me they've cast someone else as "young Nala", so I'm assuming Beyonce is just the older version)

Edit: Hogso beat me to it.

Edited by Stevo985

Wind River. Excellent film, highly recommended. Although...

Spoiler

I was slightly disappointed that such an intelligent, thoughtful film culminated in a shoot-out. Seems to be almost mandatory and I was hoping for something a bit different. It was very similar to Hell Or High Water in that respect, which I believe was written by the same guy. Perhaps I'm missing the point. 

Watched Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets last night because why not.

Boy that was a colorful movie. 

It's like Luc Besson chucked Avatar, The 5th Element, John Carter, Star Wars The Phantom Menace  and just went to town.

Have not read the comic but the story was a bit rushed and you just had to go with it I guess.

5,5-6/10

Â