Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Monchi was at the Barcelona Valencia game last night.

Translation below. No idea how credible this bloke is but I doubt we'd be after Raphina though

⚠️ ATTENTION #EXCLUSIVA #LCDC⚠️
@javitarre#Monchi , DT of #AstonVilla was yesterday in #Montjuic appreciating #BarçaValencia .

Also not only that. The English club would be willing to offer 55M € + 10M variables for #RAPHINHA

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

No to Raphina. Not that I think we're interested.

i would take Raphinha, quality player, and he proved he can work his a*s off in Bielsa murderball, i would 100% take him.

Not that we are in for him tho i guess....sounds a bit far fetched.

23 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Translation below. No idea how credible this bloke is but I doubt we'd be after Raphina though

@javitarre#Monchi , DT of #AstonVilla was yesterday in #Montjuic appreciating #BarçaValencia .

Also not only that. The English club would be willing to offer 55M € + 10M variables for #RAPHINHA

Seems very unlikely to be raphinha considering the glut of attacking players we have once everyone is healthy. 

For the 3 behind ollie we got: Mcginn, Tielemans, Ramsey, Rogers, Buendia, Diaby and Bailey. Seems unlikely we will spend 55 mil on a player who wouldn't be a guaranteed starter. Or even guaranteed to be first off the bench 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Why not?  Two good seasons as more or less starting RB for a team finishing in European spots and 3 years left on his contract.  We should be looking £25m at the absolute minimum for Cash.

It actually blows my mind how much Cash plays for us. I feel like whenever I hear about him people are complaining that he's back in the side or we're waiting on him to return from injury. I would have added him to the list of people we've missed a lot this season. The guy has had minutes in 43 games so far. 

29 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Barca fans think we might be interested in Kounde. 

He very much fits the profile of RB we might be after, can also act as 5th CB as well. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Wes said:

We are obligated to buy him back as part of the agreement when we sold him to Sheffield United in the summer. So he will most likely rejoin us on July 1st when the new Premier League registration year opens. Whether or not he stays with us during next season or not is up for debate, but I imagine he will have suitors in the Championship.

What the obligation buyback fee is, it's not been made public.

Surely he was sold to Sheffield with an option to buy. That's not a loan. Nor an obligation.

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

, who are we selling

Carlos, Cash, Tim, Duran (sadly) and probably a player that will cause some consternation amongst us at VT, whoever that may be, but if I was pushed to guess, maybe JJ.

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

€55m + 10m for a barca player? You're mugging them off for lamal not Raphina, absolutely not a chance are we after hin for that number 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

He very much fits the profile of RB we might be after, can also act as 5th CB as well. 

Yeah but can he play right back!? Lolz

oh wait, yeah obviously he can.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Ohhh now that would actually be a great signing. Seems absolutely perfect for us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

€55m + 10m for a barca player? You're mugging them off for lamal not Raphina, absolutely not a chance are we after hin for that number 

A left footed right winger. Like we don't have any of those at the club right now

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Carlos, Cash, Tim, Duran (sadly) and probably a player that will cause some consternation amongst us at VT, whoever that may be, but if I was pushed to guess, maybe JJ.

JJ who? I wouldn't be upset for a second if we can get a decent price.

Personally think JJ will be one of the last to sold, only if we can’t sell others. Firstly with him being out injured for most of the season his price is going to low. Secondly, when you listen to coaches interviews in the past, how he performed for England U21 (comfortably the best player until injury), I think his potential ceiling is higher than most if not all others in the squad. 

Rogers coming in and performing as well as he had may have clouded the thoughts a bit, but to have 2 players who pick up the ball and drive the team up the pitch will be frightening to face.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Any good?

Managed to get a hattrick of assists two days ago, and is La Liga's top assister. Emery was the one who brought him through into the Villareal first team, I believe.

Loves a through ball apparently.

8 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Managed to get a hattrick of assists two days ago, and is La Liga's top assister. Emery was the one who brought him through into the Villareal first team, I believe.

Loves a through ball apparently.

So does our little Emi, can’t wait to have him back for those

Â