Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Is there talk of Archer coming back?

I have no idea how he has performed this season.

Sheffield seemed to be a difficult choice for a young striker.

He was doing well, then Wilder was brought back as coach. They decided to get Diaz in on Loan to suit the way Wilder wanted to play and Archer was immediatley benched. The view being he's going back to Villa so he's just a Loan player who it's not worth investing more time in

1 hour ago, Pottervillan said:

The media delusion continues.  In that article it says "they are now virtually certain to miss out on a place in the Champions League"

Must be using rugby rules this year. Bonus point win incoming due to VAR.

If English clubs did get a 5th place, they could still qualify,  but it's  a very long shot both that there is a 5th spot and they overtake Spurs,  so I'd say the article is spot on

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

If English clubs did get a 5th place, they could still qualify,  but it's  a very long shot both that there is a 5th spot and they overtake Spurs,  so I'd say the article is spot on

Don't disagree there is a marginal outside chance for ManYoo but if it was us or any of the "other 14" in their position it wouldn't be mentioned. Grates that it needs to be dropped in.

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd take Wan Bissaka as a right back in the Emery system.  Only one year on his contract too.  Maybe even look at McTominay.

A full back who traps the ball further than most people can kick it? Don't see how that squares with a team who play out from the back. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd take Wan Bissaka as a right back in the Emery system.  Only one year on his contract too.  Maybe even look at McTominay.

I think we could do something with mctominay. He can't play as the DM, too much to do with the ball. I could see him being moulded into a good CB though.

It'll just be a ridiculous cost though. Fee and wages. Non-starter.

• Like 1

Looking at our squad we either need to trust Tim (it’s a lot to expect if we are aiming to be at the upper end of the premier league and champions league) or buy a top defensive midfielder who can compete with Bouba. 

We lose so much by putting either Luiz or McGinn into the DM position. 

I like Alvarez at West Ham. 

I think we've seen since January that the key for us is quality of depth.

We were fortunate last year that the risk of selling Ings and hoping Watkins didn't get injured whilst Duran was settling in paid off. We've not been so fortunate this year with letting Dendoncker leave and hoping Tim would slot in. Our central midfield has been ravaged with unavailability since the Man Utd game, and we've struggled at right back too. Left side midfield hasnt been a problem because we've been fortunate that Rogers has settled in quickly.

A holding midfielder is crucial, as Kamara wont be back until winter, and the game of Luiz has dropped off a cliff since covering in that role.

The lack of minutes for Tim and KKH is telling, so that will be our academy sales for this summer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd take Wan Bissaka as a right back in the Emery system.  Only one year on his contract too. 

I think he'd be a good fit also, more suited than Cash anyway, but at the same time even with a year left on his deal for the fee and almost certainly wages he'd command there's probably better options out there. Wouldn't complain about it though were it to happen.

2 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I would genuinely rather have Cash than AWB, and I'm hardly a fan of Cash. Contemplating signing any of Man Utd's rejects is complete insanity.

Cash is a much better player than AWB. I'm sure 75% of Man United fans would take Cash over AWB,

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I think we could do something with mctominay. He can't play as the DM, too much to do with the ball. I could see him being moulded into a good CB though.

It'll just be a ridiculous cost though. Fee and wages. Non-starter.

my lord no.

why would we want manure clogger rejects!?

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Cash is a much better player than AWB. I'm sure 75% of Man United fans would take Cash over AWB,

They can buy cash for 10m plus AWB then :D

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Monchi, get your scouts to São Paulo. He’d be devastating as an LM under Emery.

West Ham apparently interested in him.

Small Wes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We need a better squad than this season for CL if we qualify. We'll have to play 10 games be end Jan. As we would likely be in the 9th to 24th places and end up in a 2 legged knock out after the 8 group games. We need near full strength teams played in these games or a squad full of first team level players.

Europa League is the same format, but we could end in the top 8 sides there and avoid the 2 legged playoff and then be seeded for the knock out stages. But all this additional high level European football next season will take a toll on our squad more than this year where we played what 4 domestic cup games? 

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

I remember the last time West Ham dealt with Corinthians...

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

Sign me up.

• Haha 1

Â