Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Manuel Ugarte is being linked with a move to Juve on loan … Would be great if we could get someone in of his talent either permanently or even a loan. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Is there talk of Archer coming back?

I have no idea how he has performed this season.

Sheffield seemed to be a difficult choice for a young striker.

Agreed. Of all the clubs, depresses me just to say "Sheffield United"!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

RB: Frimpong

CM: Fofana

AF: Nico Williams

That'll be a solid start for our Champions League debut. 😉

It would alright, but would cost over £100M.  So, who are we selling?

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It would alright, but would cost over £100M.  So, who are we selling?

Hypothetically speaking would you be happy selling Cash for say £20M and Dougie for £75M to add the above talent? 

10 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Hypothetically speaking would you be happy selling Cash for say £20M and Dougie for £75M to add the above talent? 

No id expect over £25mill for Matty Cash and closer to £90mill for Luiz… Bear in mind also that any fee for Luiz is now all pure profit as would be basically all of the fee for Matty Cash. So yeah I’m happy for the club to sell pretty much anyone they see fit in order to strengthen us. The squad must continually evolve and sacrificing players on occasion will be necessary. 

16 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I think the main issue is that those three players combined would probably be on double the wages that Cash and Luiz are on.  We need to shift some of the deadwood on big wages.

25 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

No, because Frimpong wouldn't solve our RB issue. Fofana would be similar to Kamara and now having sold Dougie we'd need to spend more money to replace him with a similarly creative midfielder. 

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No, because Frimpong wouldn't solve our RB issue. Fofana would be similar to Kamara and now having sold Dougie we'd need to spend more money to replace him with a similarly creative midfielder. 

Yeah point taken. Say Dumfries then (even cheaper than Frimpong) Fofana the times I’ve seen him play is better suited as a box to box than a number 6. I just think we all wax lyrical over Dougie too much and think for the money we’d get there’s better options out there for a price. But there in turn comes wages as stated before and that might tip us. 

The Beer From Up Here

12 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

b0F0h

I think he'd do just fine if he had to replace Luiz

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think the main issue is that those three players combined would probably be on double the wages that Cash and Luiz are on.  We need to shift some of the deadwood on big wages.

Yeah that’s an issue. Guess it’s plucking diamonds from coal fields till we’re able to generate enough funds to sustain the rise in squad numbers and levels. 

The Beer From up Here

Frimpong could work if we switched the attacking fullback emphasis from left to right.
So you'd have Frimpong, Konsa, Mings, Torres as your back 4 for instance.
You'd could then switch it back to left by having Konsa as your right back with Moreno or Digne providing the marauding down the left.
Or have both full backs attack and drop Kamara into a sweeper role. Options. Frimpong would add to them nicely. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

b0F0h

I think he'd do just fine if he had to replace Luiz

Wow graph numbers are crazy. Think his turn of pace would really compliment us. Good for thought. 
can always raid my home teams nursery (Dinamo Zagreb) always great young talent there. 🇭🇷

34 minutes ago, thabucks said:

No id expect over £25mill for Matty Cash and closer to £90mill for Luiz… Bear in mind also that any fee for Luiz is now all pure profit as would be basically all of the fee for Matty Cash. So yeah I’m happy for the club to sell pretty much anyone they see fit in order to strengthen us. The squad must continually evolve and sacrificing players on occasion will be necessary. 

I highly doubt we’d get over 25m for Cash

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I highly doubt we’d get over 25m for Cash

Why not?  Two good seasons as more or less starting RB for a team finishing in European spots and 3 years left on his contract.  We should be looking £25m at the absolute minimum for Cash.

Looking at those charts I'd say Kamara, Fofana and Luiz could play in the same midfield. I'd also temper them by saying Ligue 1 is nowhere near as competitive as the PL, but those are great numbers and he's obviously a class player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

RB: Frimpong

CM: Fofana

AF: Nico Williams

That'll be a solid start for our Champions League debut. 😉

This is dreamy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CroVillan said:

Ramsey will be sold as well. Maybe Diaby if they've lost faith.

• Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Ramsey will be sold as well. Maybe Diaby if they've lost faith.

If they have lost faith in Diaby i doubt we'd be getting our money back.

I don't think we'll be selling him myself. Remember Bailey took time to settle and he's been a different player this season. 

The same could apply to Diaby next season

Â