Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

The issue is that Toney cost £5m (with add on's up to £10m) for a 24 year old League 1 player. The fees from lower league clubs is crazy. With that sort of money - you can't make many mistakes.

Yes, it was a heck of a gamble....

i'll get my coat 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Indigo said:

Saw earlier that he made the most egregious of "come and get me" pleas to Barca.

Just telling all the world his release clause!🤣

Is Pino still seen as a prospect or has he stagnated in recent times?

Think there's a few we could possibly pick up on loan. Unai had Chukuweze at Villareal, he moved to AC Milan but has been warming the bench all season so that could be a loan I think. Bryan Zaragoza at Bayern Munich another.

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Looks like a good all round DM, a cross between Luiz and Kamara.  Which is ideal if Luiz eventually goes and Kamara out injured.

Perhaps this is an unrealistically large overhaul of the squad, but strength in depth has clearly been a challenge this year - despite the absolutely brilliant season. I would be expecting Monchi and co will be looking to move 8 out (including loans finishing) and bring 8 in - something like the below. This feels like almost the minimum to compete in league and Europe next season.

OUT

Olsson

Carlos (if it makes financial sense)

1 of Moreno/Digne (if it makes financial sense)

Chambers

Lenglet

Hause (is he still here?)

Tim (loan)

Zaniolo

Total out of playing squad - 8 

IN

2nd/3rd choice keeper depending on Gauci

4th choice CB in for Carlos

Kosta in as 2nd choice RB - or Kosta out on loan and BIG signing of 1st choice RB with Cash as backup

LB signing for Moreno/Digne

Back up DM much closer in quality to Kamara

Extra CM 

Attacking Midfielder/winger extra body

Archer back 

Total in - 8

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Fofana and Kounde would be some signings. Ambitious links today! 

Shows the ballpark we're in with CL qualification.  Kounde is one of these hybrid Centre-back/Full-bank players you see now, like Ben White or Nathan Ake, would probably play RB but can also cover CB.

• Like 1

fofana or thuram or kone

profile of the player is someone who flirts with the french national team, age 22-25 - similar to kamara and diaby, feels like there's a good pool there and not just at CM there's lukeba, todibo, olise

they've also got doue and gourna douath too but they're younger

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

The fees from lower league clubs is crazy. With that sort of money - you can't make many mistakes.

Aaaaah Aaron Tshibola.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, SimonVilla said:

Perhaps this is an unrealistically large overhaul of the squad, but strength in depth has clearly been a challenge this year - despite the absolutely brilliant season. I would be expecting Monchi and co will be looking to move 8 out (including loans finishing) and bring 8 in - something like the below. This feels like almost the minimum to compete in league and Europe next season.

OUT

Olsson

Carlos (if it makes financial sense)

1 of Moreno/Digne (if it makes financial sense)

Chambers

Lenglet

Hause (is he still here?)

Tim (loan)

Zaniolo

Total out of playing squad - 8 

IN

2nd/3rd choice keeper depending on Gauci

4th choice CB in for Carlos

Kosta in as 2nd choice RB - or Kosta out on loan and BIG signing of 1st choice RB with Cash as backup

LB signing for Moreno/Digne

Back up DM much closer in quality to Kamara

Extra CM 

Attacking Midfielder/winger extra body

Archer back 

Total in - 8

Tim needs to he sold not loaned. Ramsey I think may go as Rogers has come in and taken his place, plus we have Buendia coming back.

Luiz may go too and I would accept offers for Duran.

So we would need to replace Dougie and find a good 2nd striker, but would have 100 mil in sales from those few players alone. Plus the sales you mentioned.

Thats without spending our own cash which will be boosted by CL money. 

Should be a good summer. 

Edited by GlobalVillan

I think we'll sell Duran if there is a big offer. Carlos might be allowed leave if we have a plan to bring in a replacement. Interesting what we do if we are resigning Archer. Also what we do with Iroegbunam, could do a sale with a buyba option. 

I think Dinge, Chambers, Sanson, Dendonker will be sold. Cash might be of we are buying a new Right Back.

We do need that versatile forward who can play centrally or wide. We need a right footed winger also. 

I think Ramsey stays 

As others have said I don’t care too much who we decide to sell and buy as have full faith in the people in place and structure. We shouldn’t be worried about selling any player if our price is met or exceeded. We have to get better at selling players at the right time so that money can be reinvested into the squad. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Is there talk of Archer coming back?

I have no idea how he has performed this season.

Sheffield seemed to be a difficult choice for a young striker.

We are obligated to buy him back as part of the agreement when we sold him to Sheffield United in the summer. So he will most likely rejoin us on July 1st when the new Premier League registration year opens. Whether or not he stays with us during next season or not is up for debate, but I imagine he will have suitors in the Championship.

What the obligation buyback fee is, it's not been made public.

Probably already been mentioned but Ndidi on a free would be decent.  Him and Tielemans were a pretty good pair for Leicester a few seasons ago.

Â