Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

8 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

at the beginning of the season I would've said Watkins, Luiz & Pau, now for me it's just Watkins and Pau. 

I'm amazed that there is any suggestion that we should sell Douglas, who is in my opinion (alongside Emi) one of our two best, most consistent and most difficult to replace players. One of the main reasons that I am prioritising CL qualification over winning a trophy, is that the extra income CL football brings in, should enable us to keep our very best players. Should UE decide otherwise, that is a different matter, but we aren't a selling club and should try to refrain from sounding like one.  

• Like 2

I consider Bailey absolutely essential too. There arguably isn't a better winger in the league at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Would be interesting to see Unai developing him further 

He's come on a lot since he left in terms of end product. I think we might be looking at him as a backup because he'd probably contribute at least as much as Zaniolo has, would be a lot cheaper and would be helpful for the HG rules UEFA have. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Add it to the pile.

Champions League player in 5 years then.

The club should really look to get in touch with you.

If we sign him this summer he'll be a champions league player next season 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's come on a lot since he left in terms of end product. I think we might be looking at him as a backup because he'd probably contribute at least as much as Zaniolo has, would be a lot cheaper and would be helpful for the HG rules UEFA have. 

Why don't we sign Hepburn-Murphy as well while we're at it 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

We could use the money we get from selling Dougie to buy a replacement for him. The new guy could be anything! He could even be as good as Luiz!

Indeed or worse or better, all the bases covered there 

34 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Because he's not pulling up any trees in League Two and is obviously not good enough for us.

O'Hare is probably good enough to be back-up for us. 

Have you seen him play much since he left?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

at the beginning of the season I would've said Watkins, Luiz & Pau, now for me it's just Watkins and Pau. 

Ill add bailey to that list he has been immense and of course Martinez and Konsa 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allani said:

I think it will work even better when we sell him again this summer (let's say to Leicester) on a similar deal.  We get to monitize another £15m this summer.  So basically we'd have made over £30m in 2 years at a cost of £3.25m over the next 4 years.  Sounds like a genius plan to me.  Unless of course the amortisation is forfeit when a player is sold?  But even then we'd have made additional profit than on a straight sell.

Your example would look like this 18m in pure profit. Forced to buy back for 12m on a 4 year deal so amortised for 3m a year IF he stays.

so 18 profit for this seasons books 

3m loss for the next 4 seasons books 

However if he goes for 15m to Leicester all 12m goes at once so 18m profit this season and 3 million profit next season 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

Baena, Nico Williams, Lenglet, Joao Felix, Ferran Torres, yes please. 

This would compensate for Carlos and JJ leaving, and we’d look much stronger for it.

Baena and Nico Williams that will do 🫡 

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Because he's not pulling up any trees in League Two and is obviously not good enough for us.

O'Hare is probably good enough to be back-up for us. 

Have you seen him play much since he left?

It was a joke, calm down.

15 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Nicely put.

Wouldn’t sell either but… if a choice had to be made, I would rather sell Rogers than Ramsey.

Find it crazy how so many are willing and even eager to move JJ on (also when his value is as low as it could be(!!), will skyrocket once he’s fit and firing again, many have forgotten how good he was and is, the injury is no fault of his own) and so hyped up about Rogers so quickly and to the extent that they believe he is a replacement or even better!

Madness. We are becoming quite fickle indeed.

Let’s not even go into the Dougie nonsense again 😆

I agree with this but the club would most likely sell ramsey as we have just bought rogers but neither will be players id be comfortable starting with when were up against Real Madrid next season 😉

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Dougie will be fine, played in his right position No 8.....I thought the idea was for Tielemans to compete with him for that shirt.

Having one dedicated CDM leaves us vulnerable.....we need an additional quality one who can pass the ball, and stay on it, to help us control games.....to play alongside, Kamara

Wingers.....we currently have Bailey and Diaby, and possibly Philogene coming back, not to mention Kaden Young in the academy, looking for his chance.

I don't really understand the need, here.....unless we are actually saying, they are not good enough.

i think there are positions in the squad that clearly need strengthening.....other area's are just cosmetic choices.

Its more the fact we could be in the biggest competition in football next season so upgrades are needed for sure.. Bailey is the only winger who looks capable of starting against lets say a barcelona, diaby,rogers and JJ are certainly not ( possibly a fit JJ *undecided*).

We are not starting with another player similar to Kamara because we only need him and Luiz who drives further forward, then we have Tielemans and Mcginn who can play multiple roles in the central midfield area, but we do need a backup to Kamara as Tim isn’t ready yet. If Duran leaves we then need to look at signing a forward again… 

So B**locks to FFP we will need to spend at least £100M on 3/4 positions its not fair we cannot.

*RB*
*LW*
*CDM/CM*
*ST*

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Seen him the other day he chose the road man lifestyle and wasted his career smh 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Seen him the other day he chose the road man lifestyle and wasted his career smh 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

genuine question - what is a "road man lifestyle"?

Â