Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

31 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Baena and Nico Williams that will do 🫡 

Would doubt we could even afford both but we can dream.

Might get one plus some left field ones, but happy that whoever arrives will be who Emery beleives will improve us, thats good enough for me, Surely injuries cant be as bad next season?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Who are we looking at? 👀

We could simply be scouting them because they are in the other Semi Final against Fiorentina in the Conference League.

Antonio Nusa is their most talked about player. 19 year old winger who almost signed for Brentford in January I think, but had a knee injury/issue that scuppered that... Spurs were also keen.

Maxim De Cuyper is a talented full back on their books. He's a winger turned defender, typically left back but they have another good young left back so he's been playing right back for them aswell. Has been linked with PSG in the past. Very attacking, good engine, would align with what we do on the left side with Moreno and offers versatility to fill in at RB when needed.

4 minutes ago, Wes said:

We could simply be scouting them because they are in the other Semi Final against Fiorentina in the Conference League.

Antonio Nusa is their most talked about player. 19 year old winger who almost signed for Brentford in January I think, but had a knee injury/issue that scuppered that... Spurs were also keen.

Maxim De Cuyper is a talented full back on their books. He's a winger turned defender, typically left back but they have another good young left back so he's been playing right back for them aswell. Has been linked with PSG in the past. Very attacking, good engine, would align with what we do on the left side with Moreno and offers versatility to fill in at RB when needed.

Wrong Brugge 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Wrong Brugge 🤣

Haha amazing. Will leave the post up in case we went across town and scouted Club Brugge too 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, allani said:

I think it will work even better when we sell him again this summer (let's say to Leicester) on a similar deal.  We get to monitize another £15m this summer.  So basically we'd have made over £30m in 2 years at a cost of £3.25m over the next 4 years.  Sounds like a genius plan to me.  Unless of course the amortisation is forfeit when a player is sold?  But even then we'd have made additional profit than on a straight sell.

Sadly doesn't work like that.

He had zero cost base as he was an academy player.

When you buy him for (say 13) that becomes the new cost base which gets depreciated down over the length of the contract.

So if you immediately sold for 15, you get 2 million FFP profit.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Who are we looking at? 👀

He name checks a couple of players in the article but doesn’t link any of them to us by name.  Kévin Denkey - 23 YO Togolese striker with 23 goals in 28 league games this season, along with Alan Minda a 20 Ecuadorean RWF/LWF/SS and Felipe Augusto whose a 20 YO Brazilian Striker they’ve just purchased from Corinthians… 

Edited by thabucks

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He name checks a couple of players in the article but doesn’t link any of them to us by name.  Kévin Denkey - 23 YO Togolese striker with 23 goals in 28 league games this season, along with Alan Minda a 20 Ecuadorean RWF/LWF/SS and Felipe Augusto whose a 20 YO Brazilian Striker they’ve just purchased from Corinthians… 

The last two strikers we've bought from the Belgian league didn't exactly work out 🤣

But the one before them did. 😉

Edited by duke313

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Who are we looking at? 👀

im sure we have scouted hundreds of players.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

im sure we have scouted hundreds of players.

Nah it’s all about checking out the FBREF stats nowadays haven’t you heard … 😆 no need to watch games when you can go online 

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Because he's not pulling up any trees in League Two and is obviously not good enough for us.

O'Hare is probably good enough to be back-up for us. 

Have you seen him play much since he left?

You mean Sherwood was wrong about him and Andre Green?? He said they'd both be big stars in the PL.....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That surname makes him sound like a Final Fantasy Character. That alone makes me want him. 

level him up so he goes from scoring goals to goalagas

gaming hat off, he’s highly rated and if I’m correct he captained a game the other week, so has something about him as a person 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

He's come on a lot since he left in terms of end product. I think we might be looking at him as a backup because he'd probably contribute at least as much as Zaniolo has, would be a lot cheaper and would be helpful for the HG rules UEFA have. 

Yes he has. It would be very Emery and Monchi to bring him in and develop him into a decent Premier League player. Emery has highlighted the importance of having local players in the team already which is refreshing.

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

The last two strikers we've bought from the Belgian league didn't exactly work out 🤣

But the one before them did. 😉

But the last Togolese player we had was awesome 😂

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But the last Togolese player we had was awesome 😂

The Togolese Zidane, 4 appearances in 4 seasons 😂

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The Togolese Zidane, 4 appearances in 4 seasons 😂

Well they did warn you he was the Togolese version 

I'd bite Wolves arm (leg I guess, being a wolf) off if Lemina became available for a reasonable price. He does come across as a bit of an arse, but I rate him.

9 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

genuine question - what is a "road man lifestyle"?

In a nutshell a glitzy lifestyle where you either want quick cash through illicit activities or in his case hanging around those that are, he had a future ahead of him but chose the latter.. but wont bore you death with all that 😂 

11 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Road man is modern parlance for chav I believe.

For a visual representation of a road man, it includes those bellends who wear their hoods up and a face covering even though it’s 20c outside 

Â