Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

With Digne likely to be sold abroad and Moreno not rediscovering his form from last season if we were to get a starting left back from a fellow prem team which would you fancy? List below is from teams below us where the player would likely want to come if we paid the asking price 

Ait-Nouri

Robinson

Mykolenko

Estupian

Henry

Hickey

Doughty

Would be Robinson for me. Looks class a lot of the time and has a lot of pace. Would likely be the most expensive though. 

I doubt that we will sign a PL left back (money wise), if we are in the market for one, would we possibly go back in for Acuna? Or if Ipswich don't come up, Leif Davis looks an option to me. 

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Suppose these are most realistic but not the most exciting of lists!

Of those Estupinan is the best, been unlucky to be in a piss poor Brighton defence but he’s better at attacking than defending. For the role Moreno is supposed to play he’d be an upgrade and he’s worked with Unai before for a season. Brighton are the worst team to buy players from though, massively inflate their prices. 

I’d maybe take Robinson and Ait Nouri too, but they wouldn’t really elevate us to great heights. None of the others are good enough for Villa IMO. 

McGinn himself said Estupinan is "an absolute nightmare" to play against as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burchy said:

Miguel Gutierrez at Girona would do well in this team. Only 22, Real Madrid youth player so highly technical, passing stats are really high, release clause of 28m, bit steep but we might be able to get him for a lower fee potentially.

He's a bit attacking though and I think we might go for a more ‘Digne’ type of player, a bit more defensive perhaps. 

Doubt City would approve us signing a player from Girona on the cheap

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

People seem to forget that this plucky little club is corrupt City feeder team

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" With the entourage "... are we going clubbing or? Who is this anyway?

Napoli and Italy right back.  Tall, not quick but great stamina and Napoli captain.  30 years old (31 in Aug).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John said:

I doubt that we will sign a PL left back (money wise), if we are in the market for one, would we possibly go back in for Acuna? Or if Ipswich don't come up, Leif Davis looks an option to me. 

Acuna is older than Moreno and Digne and Sevilla are actually playing him as a left winger currently.

As I've said a few times Tierney ticks plenty of boxes. Mid 20s, loads of experience at the top level, Arsenal will be happy to sell for about 25m and he can play as a LCB aswell as he does for Scotland. And yes he picks up plenty of injuries!

58 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Acuna is older than Moreno and Digne and Sevilla are actually playing him as a left winger currently.

As I've said a few times Tierney ticks plenty of boxes. Mid 20s, loads of experience at the top level, Arsenal will be happy to sell for about 25m and he can play as a LCB aswell as he does for Scotland. And yes he picks up plenty of injuries!

Even when fit he cant get a regular start at Sociedad

If Ipswich don't go up and Villa see fit to look to get another left back through the door in the event of Digne/Moreno leaving then Davis could be a great signing. He's been excellent playing a similar type of role and would be another homegrown player which by a couple of accounts they're wary of keeping on top of numbers-wise. Don't think there's a huge amount of time left on his contract either.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Indigo said:

If Ipswich don't go up and Villa see fit to look to get another left back through the door in the event of Digne/Moreno leaving then Davis could be a great signing. He's been excellent playing a similar type of role and would be another homegrown player which by a couple of accounts they're wary of keeping on top of numbers-wise. Don't think there's a huge amount of time left on his contract either.

2 goals and 19 assists in 37 games this season, has a year left under contract in June. 

18 minutes ago, Awol said:

2 goals and 19 assists in 37 games this season, has a year left under contract in June. 

That's a lot of assists for a left back.

• Like 1

Said in another thread but we're regularly keeping an eye on Leif Davis according to an Ipswich fan, but so are Newcastle and I believe he's a boyhood fan. 

They are signing Lewis Hall on a permanent though. 

Davis has had a great year but for the fullback positions I hope we go with a better defensive option. 

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I know he's older, I just wonder if we will have £25m to spend on another left back, given that we will have other positions to spend, what money that we are allowed to spend on. I like Tierney as well, by the way. 

Just keep Moreno and Digne for another year.  We know their qualities and character, we can rotate without dipping in quality, assuming Moreno gets back into his rhythm.  If we qualify for the Champions League I don't think I'd sell any of our regular players, as a reward for their efforts as much as anything.  I'd put my money towards one of the best defensive midfield prospects as back up for Kamara and probably a quality right back/wing back option.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Farcical that they can have that level of power across Europe with their various clubs. How that's considered to be within the rules is beyond me. I realise that NSWE are aspiring to the same business model but they should outlaw it.

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Farcical that they can have that level of power across Europe with their various clubs. How that's considered to be within the rules is beyond me. I realise that NSWE are aspiring to the same business model but they should outlaw it.

I might be completely wrong, but ours seems more of a soft partnership. Sharing of data, coaching techniques and the like. 

I doubt we'll ever be seeing a situation like Savio on loan at Girona with City apparently buying him in the summer. 

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" With the entourage "... are we going clubbing or? Who is this anyway?

signed a 5 year deal last summer, taking him into his mid 30's............

captain and an italian. He isn't moving here

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rubberman said:

I imagine for Kamara cover we'll go for a Lenglet-style loan and save the permanent pennies for elsewhere.

I think centre midfield is the area where we are most exposed. Our starting players are great but we have no real strength in depth. I think we need to sell Dendonker and then buy two central midfielders. Maybe one could be a loan but we need to be able to rotate effectively without losing quality. Doug is looking absolutely exhausted now because of playing so many games. 

• Like 2

Just read UTD are interested in Nice’s LB Melvin Bard - weren’t they interested in Digne previously - attack minded left back so maybe we could negotiate a Digne or Moreno plus £££ deal for him. 

Â