Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

Add Hermoso and Juan Miranda on frees - sell Moreno, The Donk, Chambers & Hause, then promote and utilise the youth in Kellyman & Co. We need quality not quantity. 

14 hours ago, OhioVilla said:

PSG has said  multiple times that Emery is the face of their team now since Mbappe is likely gone. No way he leaves.

Unless Emery rings Emery and says hey son, come on over to Villa.

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Moreno was instrumental in getting us where we got last season, then got a long term injury, and because he hasn't gotten back to his best yet we are ready to bin him?

I sort of get the logic from a business perspective, but if it's purely from a " form " perspective it's a bit harsh imo

It’s all about the business. Digne is the better player IMO and Miranda is 24 and has re-sale value and gives Sousa a season to develop. We cannot be sentimental and he’s not performed well enough for whatever factor but as long as we do not make a PSR / FFP loss on him I’d sell. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s all about the business. Digne is the better player IMO and Miranda is 24 and has re-sale value and gives Sousa a season to develop. We cannot be sentimental and he’s not performed well enough for whatever factor but as long as we do not make a PSR / FFP loss on him I’d sell. 

Who did you think was better out of Moreno and Digne at the end of last season?

• Like 1

thoughts?

(plus any Monchi specials the club wants to add....)

All Spanish speakers also......so would fit right in with Emery.

image.png.6b80f3a1ea98c14a2e52ca75b1a06229.png

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

And ? Still think out of the two Digne is the better player also over a longer period of time, whereas Moreno had a good few months only… 

Edited by thabucks

In his last post match interview Pep basically hung Grealish out to dry and put him on the transfer list. Now I wouldn't want to pay anywhere near what they paid for him, but if a fee could be agreed, would people want him back? Personally, if the money is right, I think he would fit in to that LM role perfectly in our system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

And ? Still think out of the two Digne is the better player also over a longer period of time, whereas Moreno had a good few months only… 

I just think it might be a little unfair to make a judgement call on who's the better of the two considering Moreno's issues this season.

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

thoughts?

(plus any Monchi specials the club wants to add....)

All Spanish speakers also......so would fit right in with Emery.

image.png.6b80f3a1ea98c14a2e52ca75b1a06229.png

I wouldn't necessarily be overly Spanish focused.

Since Unai and Monchi have taken over, only Pau and Moreno are Spanish. Lenglet is from La Liga.

Zaniolo (though he's a previous Monchi transfer), Diaby, Rogers, Kosta, Gauci, Tielemans, Sousa are from a variety of backgrounds and leagues.

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Moreno was instrumental in getting us where we got last season, then got a long term injury, and because he hasn't gotten back to his best yet we are ready to bin him?

I sort of get the logic from a business perspective, but if it's purely from a " form " perspective it's a bit harsh imo

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

it's unfortunate, but we do have to keep in mind that the injury & subsequent hamstring surgery for Moreno might hamper him as he was very reliant on his pace and quickness. 

Dewsbury-Hall had another good game for LFC today, I would go for him in the summer if it was me. Still young (25) and with a high ceiling, no idea what he would cost. Transfermarkt says £30m but that’s likely just plucked out of the air 

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Dewsbury-Hall had another good game for LFC today, I would go for him in the summer if it was me. Still young (25) and with a high ceiling, no idea what he would cost. Transfermarkt says £30m but that’s likely just plucked out of the air 

He'd be interesting see as a ball carrying wide midfielder in Unai's system. But with JJ, Rogers, Bailey, McGinn, potentially Diaby at times - it'd be hard to see where he would fit in. Could play in the double pivot but he's already a light lad as is and the defensive side of his game isn't a forte.

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

He'd be interesting see as a ball carrying wide midfielder in Unai's system. But with JJ, Rogers, Bailey, McGinn, potentially Diaby at times - it'd be hard to see where he would fit in. Could play in the double pivot but he's already a light lad as is and the defensive side of his game isn't a forte.

Yeah I agree, it would depend on if anyone leaves in the summer. Roger’s seems to have a higher ceiling (although he plays more advanced that KD-H) I’d say he’s more of a JJ kind of player, 

We need to up the quality of the first team and don’t see how Dewsbury-Hall elevates us good player that he is. Unrealistically someone like Neves would IMO, that’s the level we should be aiming at. If we make champions league then this summer we need readymade players and not someone who could maybe grow into it. We have brought a few project players recently and now need quality. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah I agree, it would depend on if anyone leaves in the summer. Roger’s seems to have a higher ceiling (although he plays more advanced that KD-H) I’d say he’s more of a JJ kind of player, 

His versatility is something Unai would like. He's played a variety of LM/RM/attacking mid for LC. Given the constant injuries every club faces when in multiple competitions, that kind of versatility is priceless (compared to say Diaby or Bailey who can only really play in 1 or 2 positions).

I wouldn't be surprised if we were in for him but price will be a big factor I would think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We need to up the quality of the first team and don’t see how Dewsbury-Hall elevates us good player that he is. Unrealistically someone like Neves would IMO, that’s the level we should be aiming at 

I think there's certain positions where quality is needed (CDM and fullbacks) but it wouldn't surprise me if we were in for 1 or 2 players like Dewsburry-Hall that can play multiple positions. We've seen this campaign how effective that can be when the injuries and fixture lists start piling up.

Edited by DJBOB

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We need to up the quality of the first team and don’t see how Dewsbury-Hall elevates us good player that he is. Unrealistically someone like Neves would IMO, that’s the level we should be aiming at 

It is hard to judge when players are doing well in the Championship… he just has a bit of something about his game that I like. Quite direct, with excellent positioning, he always seems to be in the right place. It might not translate to PL though were you get less space, more speed and higher quality defence 

• Like 1

Â