Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Two key priorities are obvious. A defensive midfielder to challenge Kamara and a right back.

Give the Serbian kid a chance in preseason at RB and let’s see how he does as he is very highly rated. 

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We have one 😂

We definitely need another one in the squad to let Doug play where he is best if Kamara is out again.  It's been too big a burden on him in the last few weeks.  I'm sure Unai and Monchi know of some who aren't that expensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

We have one 😂

Kind of agree, I don't want another Kamara but I want someone who can play his role when he's not there, someone kind of complimentary to both Kamara and Luiz when we're full strength and can cover both when we're not

And for whatever reason I think he's youngish and French - thuram, kone, gourna douath, doue, someone else mentioned fofana

Also hoping if we scouted gourna douath we come away with gloukh

1 hour ago, WooJung said:

Whoever we sign, I hope they have strong leadership skills as well as physical/technical

Spot on our leadership or someone to lead by example when the pressure is on non-existent maybe McGinn that's it.

1 hour ago, WooJung said:

Whoever we sign, I hope they have strong leadership skills as well as physical/technical

14 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Spot on our leadership or someone to lead by example when the pressure is on non-existent maybe McGinn that's it.

What are good leadership skills when playing football?

Give me an example of a current player that shows them.

58 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What are good leadership skills when playing football?

Give me an example of a current player that shows them.

A player that stands up and leads by example and pulls the team together. Have look at the top sides they all got them.

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Top quality CDM ,please.

Agree on the CDM.  I'm happy for them to be just below top quality but with a high ceiling.  Someone who can deputise for Kamara in the first half of the season and then give us options when Kamara is back.  I was going to say a hybrid of Kamara and Luiz but to be fair I think Kamara is a hybrid of a CDM and Luiz.  So someone similar to Kamara would be great.  I would like us to have the option of playing 2 CDMs in games where we know we might need to sit back, absorb some pressure and then hit hard on the break or when we want / need to close up shop.  The advantage of a Kamara style CDM is that they're good enough on the ball to not significantly impact on the progressive / offensive side of our gameplan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Kind of agree, I don't want another Kamara but I want someone who can play his role when he's not there, someone kind of complimentary to both Kamara and Luiz when we're full strength and can cover both when we're not

And for whatever reason I think he's youngish and French - thuram, kone, gourna douath, doue, someone else mentioned fofana

Also hoping if we scouted gourna douath we come away with gloukh

I think another Kamara would be fine.  He's good enough on the ball to play more of a Luiz role (at least up until he gets close to the opposition box).  I think there are games where we could benefit from two Kamara-like CDMs holding in midfield but good enough on the ball to transition play quickly to our more attacking midfielders / attackers.  We've got Tielemans, McGinn, Buendia who can play a more advanced version of the Luiz role if / when Dougie is out.  The key is to use their attacking prowess rather than having to rely on them in a more defensive role.  Some people think Luiz's form has dropped - but I think he's mainly just a bit more exposed as he's not getting the defensive support he needs or he gets when Kamara is playing.

Ben Sheaf of Coventry getting a lot of rave reviews as a DM, apparently his stats are totally off the scale, the verdict seems to be he will playing in the Premier League next season whether with Coventry or someone else

3 hours ago, useless said:

Ben Sheaf of Coventry getting a lot of rave reviews as a DM, apparently his stats are totally off the scale, the verdict seems to be he will playing in the Premier League next season whether with Coventry or someone else

Wow they really are through the roof. 62kg and only 5'7" I don't think @TRO will approve though

1st in Championship for tackles per game with 3.7 That is impressive

Edited by Kiwivillan

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wow they really are through the roof. 62kg and only 5'7" I don't think @TRO will approve though

5.7 is not going to fly at all in such an important part of the pitch. Especially when we are obviously recruiting taller players in our profiles, both the young left back and right back we signed are just over 6ft and Rogers is well over 6ft.

11 hours ago, allani said:

Agree on the CDM.  I'm happy for them to be just below top quality but with a high ceiling.  Someone who can deputise for Kamara in the first half of the season and then give us options when Kamara is back.  I was going to say a hybrid of Kamara and Luiz but to be fair I think Kamara is a hybrid of a CDM and Luiz.  So someone similar to Kamara would be great.  I would like us to have the option of playing 2 CDMs in games where we know we might need to sit back, absorb some pressure and then hit hard on the break or when we want / need to close up shop.  The advantage of a Kamara style CDM is that they're good enough on the ball to not significantly impact on the progressive / offensive side of our gameplan.

I see it...just like that.

Some clubs in the squad, have several CDM's its no shame.....The standard of ones, we would be looking at, would inevitably be ball players too.... I am not sure why anyone would think other than that.....the day of the Vinnie Jones has long gone.

But players in there, do need steel, can read the game, and protect the back line.....when on top, they progress the ball, in the normal fashion.

Played well like Rodri does.....I must confess, its my favourite position to watch. When he is out, Man City falter and lose that edge to their game.....hence that has happened to us, since Kamara is absent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Nah.... too tall and gangly.

Â